Quantcast
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich Dad Poor Dad

Default Rich Dad Poor Dad

anyone actually follow this guy?

Just heard him on the Peter Schiff. He sounds like the biggest arrogant dick.

Also heard all these things on the radio recently about attending his seminar. I'm kinda curious what kind of interesting theories he has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co4geZBpwNw
    J

My Ride
    Something

His systems do work, I have used them to make a ton of money in real estate =D

Originally posted by JDMsomething
    His systems do work, I have used them to make a ton of money in real estate =D
    What I drive: WRX / Soarer

My Ride
    Eclipse

I don't follow him but I have read the book, It is pretty interesting for sure, I liked it

In the book he says he makes people play a game called "the rat race" I think..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Scam..... Rich dad writes book on why he is richer than his neighbor and subsequently gets rich. If you think it could be as easy to make money as reading a book and following basic steps then we would have hyper inflation in this country and bread would cost $1000.00 a loaf because everyone would be loaded.

Three easiest ways to get money from people. Tell them you can make them:

- Rich
    - Skinny
    - Beautiful
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I think his overall theories are pointed in the right direction. I don't know that I would spend much money on any of his courses or anything but the first book is worth the $14 and the time to read it.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    I think his overall theories are pointed in the right direction. I don't know that I would spend much money on any of his courses or anything but the first book is worth the $14 and the time to read it.
    True but I know a lady who has spend $15k on his seminars so far.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

That's why I limited my expenses at $14 on his material.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Ford Compact

He has some very powerful pieces of advice.... My favorite being one of your most valuable skills in life will be your ability to leverage the skills of others. That is so epic.

His book(s) (I've only read the original) aren't a step by step of how to get rich, hes trying to get you in the mind set and develop you psychologically to realize it's not impossible to become wealthy and it's certainly not difficult. You just need to make better choices; E.g. instead of buying something that generally costs you money (a car), buy something that will earn you money (a rental property, a vending machine, a bond, publish a book haha ;P).

If you want to change your life it's a great place to start.
    Last edited by TheRealTimHorton; 04-08-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    This

Originally posted by Cos

True but I know a lady who has spend $15k on his seminars so far.
    If that lady has 15K to spend on his seminars, she must be learning ALOT and making ALOT from his seminars.

Originally posted by TheRealTimHorton
    He has some very powerful pieces of advice.... My favorite being one of your most valuable skills in life will be your ability to leverage the skills of others. That is so epic.

His book(s) (I've only read the original) aren't a step by step of how to get rich, hes trying to get you in the mind set and develop you psychologically to realize it's not impossible to become wealthy and it's certainly not difficult. You just need to make better choices; E.g. instead of buying something that generally costs you money (a car), buy something that will earn you money (a rental property, a vending machine, a bond, publish a book haha ;P).

You are probably better off reading The Millionaire Next Door instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millionaire_Next_Door

Followed by Stop Acting Rich

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Acting-Ri...2272144&sr=8-1
    Last edited by sputnik; 04-08-2011 at 08:17 AM.

or she is in debt lol

I should clarify first off, I am not saying dont read his book. When I refer to the scam I am talking about his whole system that is a full proof way to make you rich. There is nothing wrong with reading a $20.00 book and taking it as a grain of salt. Although I do agree with Sputnik that millionaire next door is better.

Originally posted by jjmac

If that lady has 15K to spend on his seminars, she must be learning ALOT and making ALOT from his seminars.
    Her loaded husand left her with a nice house and that is about it. She doesnt work and she is desperately clinging to anything to try and make that insane income again. She is having to sell her house on the river so no, she isnt making shit off him.

These things prey on people who desperately want to be rich and dont see the error of their ways.

Originally posted by GQBalla
    or she is in debt lol
    Exactly

Originally posted by TheRealTimHorton

That isnt anything new or ground breaking. Read the 7 habits of highly effective people and that book has been out since the 80's I believe.
    Last edited by Cos; 04-08-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Originally posted by Cos

Her loaded husand left her with a nice house and that is about it. She doesnt work and she is desperately clinging to anything to try and make that insane income again. She is having to sell her house on the river so no, she isnt making shit off him.

These things prey on people who desperately want to be rich and dont see the error of their ways.

You're right about her not seeing the error in her ways, because based on what you said, she's making a few critical errors, mainly clinging to the ideas she's learning to be rich, but is she doing anything to implement them?

I wouldn't say it's Roberts teaching that's at fault here, it's her.

Anyone can learn how to do anything from a book, whether it's being rich, being poor, being motivated, being a dick etc....whatever it is you wanna read and learn about I'm sure there's a book for it, but without execution of the idea learned, that idea remains only an idea.

I think that's her problem.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Cos
    Scam..... Rich dad writes book on why he is richer than his neighbor and subsequently gets rich. If you think it could be as easy to make money as reading a book and following basic steps then we would have hyper inflation in this country and bread would cost $1000.00 a loaf because everyone would be loaded.

Three easiest ways to get money from people. Tell them you can make them:

- Rich
    - Skinny
    - Beautiful

rich dad=guy giving seminar

poor dad= guy watching seminar

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Those types of seminars always remind me of Dr.Phil. Just telling people common sense in a yelling manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    G6

Had to dig deep to find this one, but I knew I'd read an article on it a couple years ago. Quite the read.

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

Rich Dad, Poor Dad is one of the dumbest financial advice books I have ever read. It contains many factual errors and numerous extremely unlikely accounts of events that supposedly occurred.

Kiyosaki is a salesman and a motivational speaker. He has no financial expertise and won’t disclose his supposed real estate or other investment success.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad contains much wrong advice, much bad advice, some dangerous advice, and virtually no good advice.

My Ride
    Ford Compact

Originally posted by sputnik

You are probably better off reading The Millionaire Next Door instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millionaire_Next_Door

Followed by Stop Acting Rich

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Acting-Ri...144&sr=8-1
    I skimmed that wiki link... Majority of that stuff I already live by. Only thing I would be really interested in is learning taxation and how to optimize. I don't really need to adopt new views because I believe in myself and I take action.

I'm not a huge proponent of Kiyosaki, I just know he offers some useful information and pieces of advice. Don't get the wrong message, I am by no means saying he is the great gospel of becoming wealthy.

I won't talk shit about him though because he is the first reason I became who I am today, but not the only.

Originally posted by Cos
    That isnt anything new or ground breaking. Read the 7 habits of highly effective people and that book has been out since the 80's I believe.
    I know it's not groundbreaking, I never said it was. I have 7 Habits on my shelf but I haven't read it yet, only about 50 pages.
    Last edited by TheRealTimHorton; 04-08-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Originally posted by jjmac

You're right about her not seeing the error in her ways, because based on what you said, she's making a few critical errors, mainly clinging to the ideas she's learning to be rich, but is she doing anything to implement them?

I wouldn't say it's Roberts teaching that's at fault here, it's her.

Anyone can learn how to do anything from a book, whether it's being rich, being poor, being motivated, being a dick etc....whatever it is you wanna read and learn about I'm sure there's a book for it, but without execution of the idea learned, that idea remains only an idea.

I think that's her problem.
    Seriously he is teaching someone how to be 'rich' and charging her $1000.00 a day to do it and he isnt even remotely accountable for his actions? When people do this to seniors it is called fraud and they go to jail.

Originally posted by ercchry

rich dad=guy giving seminar

poor dad= guy watching seminar

Bahaha so true. I always seem to take something so simple like that and turn it into a paragraph.
    Last edited by Cos; 04-08-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast