Quantcast
The BBQ and Smoking Thread - Page 84 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 74 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1715

Thread: The BBQ and Smoking Thread

  1. #1661
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,400
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    I love bbq.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  2. #1662
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moo Town
    My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Time to ditch my old ass BBQ and get a new one.

    I'd like to stay under $700. What's good out there?

    I don't cook for big groups (5+) except maybe once a year.

  3. #1663
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,400
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Costco still have napoleons on the floor?

    A big grill has benefits beyond making more food (indirect cooking etc).

    500sqin is the sweet spot imo.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  4. #1664
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,660
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    A napoleon for under $700 sounds unbeatable, do that

  5. #1665
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,400
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

    Not under 700, but getting there

    Rogue is the made in China stuff, same as Costco stuff. But you have to give somewhere to get a bbq for that price.

    Definitely take a walk through Costco to see if they still have any.
    Last edited by killramos; 04-14-2021 at 11:53 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  6. #1666
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    20

  7. #1667
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moo Town
    My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Thanks meng. I'll definitely check out that Napoleon grill. I usually cook for 2-4 people max but fully take your point on having more room.

    What's the skinny on Weber?

    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/web...ack/1001543365

    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/web...ack/1001543364

    @dirtsniffer hory sheet

  8. #1668
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,400
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Webber also makes a good grill.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually want that lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  9. #1669
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would just spend a little more and get a good pellet grill. I rarely use my gas bbq now but the smoker is my new work horse.

  10. #1670
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moo Town
    My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    @ExtraSlow

    P, make my life decisions for me so I can pull a Mar and buy a used NexGrill from Forest Lawn instead.

    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/web...ack/1001543365

    vs

    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...black/14923961

  11. #1671
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This week I made the cast iron cookie for my daughter with a (not picutred) smoked bourbon whip. And some meat candy aka pork belly burnt ends that i added to my burgers i make, essentailly like bacon on a burger but much much better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #1672
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,027
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Since you aren't likely to beat the deal I got, why not go to a real BBQ store and see what they have. Bestbuy, nah.
    Cheap end, but fine quality: https://barbecuesgalore.ca/collectio...ch-320-propane
    They sell that Same weber Spirit E315 for $699 as well
    Let's all work on positivity this week.

  13. #1673
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,400
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by austic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would just spend a little more and get a good pellet grill. I rarely use my gas bbq now but the smoker is my new work horse.
    I would argue that both tools are good for different things and neither does the job of the other very well.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  14. #1674
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moo Town
    My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since you aren't likely to beat the deal I got, why not go to a real BBQ store and see what they have. Bestbuy, nah.
    Cheap end, but fine quality: https://barbecuesgalore.ca/collectio...ch-320-propane
    They sell that Same weber Spirit E315 for $699 as well
    I can save $200 and spend it on whores and coke instead?

    Adding it to the list. Knew you'd pull through as usual.

  15. #1675
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would argue that both tools are good for different things and neither does the job of the other very well.
    nah, with a solid cast iron for searing you really dont need the gas grill. I have both as well as a charcol grill for ease but if i had to choose i would go with a pellet grill for sure out of all of them.

  16. #1676
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    846
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Looks like prices have jumped up quite a bit on grills compared to last.

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A big grill has benefits beyond making more food (indirect cooking etc).
    I went a bit overboard and bought a big one last year and even when cooking for just my family its been nice to have the extra space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  17. #1677
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,784
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    I'm sure Superstore will get the same deal on the Weber this year too, probably?
    I was debating over the Weber and I had lots of time to buy it. Just decided not to because I got a free BBQ that works decent.

  18. #1678
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,027
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    You don't HAVE to spend it on coke and whores, but I think it would be irresponsible NOT to.
    Let's all work on positivity this week.

  19. #1679
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    20210415_151818.jpg

    Damn, I already posted the 22"! oh well. Cleaned it up at lunch today. Ready for a brisket.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 04-15-2021 at 03:40 PM.

  20. #1680
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Down by the River
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570
    Posts
    723
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Did some deer jerky last night. Two batches in Green Egg, two in the oven.
    4D0C3DB2-CFDE-40D9-B08A-D0770B657F1E.jpg34F03616-CD89-4785-99D5-FE64CCA6012E.jpg

Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 74 83 84 85 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Latest Threads: 05-07-2014, 03:48 PM
  2. Who's into BBQ? Proper BBQ - Smokey, low & slow

    By r3ccOs in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 62
    Latest Threads: 03-01-2010, 11:30 PM
  3. FS - 1 Propane BBQ & 1 NG BBQ

    By sluggish in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 09-04-2008, 09:22 AM
  4. *The Unofficial Beyond BBQ Thread*

    By BerserkerCatSplat in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 34
    Latest Threads: 05-24-2005, 09:53 AM
  5. Official Beyond Cruise to the Mountains + BBQ Thread!

    By Team_Mclaren in forum Events and Meets
    Replies: 359
    Latest Threads: 05-07-2005, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •