Quantcast
The BBQ and Smoking Thread - Page 118 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 108 117 118
Results 2,341 to 2,353 of 2353

Thread: The BBQ and Smoking Thread

  1. #2341
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,934
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Almost excuses the bbq sauce lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  2. #2342
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    I only put it on one side and I find it really adds but both sides changes everything.

  3. #2343
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,934
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    A3FF207F-0A72-402E-92FE-796CFA56905A.jpg

    Are you heathens satisfied?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  4. #2344
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    ^Awesome. I finally splurged on the hot coal rake yesterday.
    I have started using paper bags from either liquor/grocery stores to start the chimney and that's working far better than newspaper was. Little chunk of paper egg carton with half teaspoon of olive oil is a good cheat if your man-card goes missing, as well.

  5. #2345
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,934
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    I have a pile of wax starters. I put a couple of those down on the grates after lighting them with a torch then placed the chimney on top. Worked great.

    1 starter wouldn’t have been enough tho
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  6. #2346
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,934
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Dinner courtesy of Costco today.

    Garlic Chilli chicken roasted indirect on the kamado at 375 until 155 degrees, seared off over the coals to add some Color and crisp the skin. Side of Costco potato salad and Caesar salad.

    8320F6A0-4E75-4D42-83F2-CA8C465CA911.jpg
    6C84AB57-1900-4E88-AD5F-270BDDB884C8.jpg
    8F66E331-88B7-4B50-8401-5E52E2014DA2.jpg

    To counter the trend of lots of grilling in the bbq thread…

    Tomorrow’s project.

    35F5FC22-99C9-4D11-9AA5-E342CE92E4EE.jpg
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  7. #2347
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Killy may never go propane ever again.

  8. #2348
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Those sure look juicy!

  9. #2349
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,934
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Killy may never go propane ever again.
    I was always a NG guy. But I get your point
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  10. #2350
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Hybrid
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No talking. Just pics of half price Prime Rib steaks on WSM. Life changing.
    Attachment 106440
    What's happening here? WSM without the middle section? I've operated at that level of ghettoness once, immediately went on the lookout for a kettle after that.

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you heathens satisfied?
    Torch would've been better. Nobody on kamado specific forums/reddits seems to use chimneys... only kettle and wsm, not sure why.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Little chunk of paper egg carton with half teaspoon of olive oil is a good cheat if your man-card goes missing, as well.
    I used to do this, but felt like a shitty neighbor for the black smoke that it creates. These wax cubes are the way to go https://www.rona.ca/en/product/xtraf...17748-01675000 cheap, long burning, and they smell good.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

  11. #2351
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Yes, that's just the bottom bottom of the WSM. I have a Summit propane grill and the WSM already so it feels like clown shit to add a third implement to my arsenal at my primary residence, particularly when I already have a kettle at my vacation place.
    The lid fits on the bottom anyway so aside from bending at the waist (which I already am very used to in order to allow yOLoBliMmEr'S mom to peg me), it seems not inconvenient.
    As for the black smoke - that happens either way when charcoal is first lit, so I don't lose sleep over that 90 seconds until the chimney really takes hold.

  12. #2352
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,934
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    D586C14D-AFC1-4BF9-B6FC-5723041DCD93.jpg

    Brisket coming along.

    Currently sitting with a Conundrum. It’s a pretty small brisket, and my flat is cooking much faster than the point which isn’t surprising. Currently 163 vs 140.

    Wondering if crutching would be a good way to even the temps out a bit? Thinking of wrapping shortly.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  13. #2353
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,934
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Happy with the result! Soft bark because I crutched but that was a conscious choice. Meat turned out excellent.

    B07DF948-AFDE-4C17-89FA-156824911C80.jpg
    1C6BC9BF-BC5D-4C97-83F9-7BA9DFA58161.jpg
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 108 117 118

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Latest Threads: 05-07-2014, 03:48 PM
  2. Who's into BBQ? Proper BBQ - Smokey, low & slow

    By r3ccOs in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 62
    Latest Threads: 03-01-2010, 11:30 PM
  3. FS - 1 Propane BBQ & 1 NG BBQ

    By sluggish in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 09-04-2008, 09:22 AM
  4. *The Unofficial Beyond BBQ Thread*

    By BerserkerCatSplat in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 34
    Latest Threads: 05-24-2005, 09:53 AM
  5. Official Beyond Cruise to the Mountains + BBQ Thread!

    By Team_Mclaren in forum Events and Meets
    Replies: 359
    Latest Threads: 05-07-2005, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •