Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition - Page 133 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 123 132 133
Results 2,641 to 2,651 of 2651

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition

Originally posted by R-Audi
    People complaining about the contract really need to learn more about it before talking...

From CapGeek:
    AHL SALARY: $70,000
    NHL SALARY: $925,000
    P. BONUSES: $2,850,000 (AllStar, top 10 scoring, misc awards)
    S. BONUS: $92,500

All of the bonus count towards the cap, but arent necessarily paid out. If he does get the full $3.7 it will be because he earned it and no one will be complaining!
    Ah, thanks for clarifying. I was baffled but obviously had limited information about it. Makes sense now.

Fingers crossed he makes the full 3.7

My Ride
    BMW

his performance bonus is near impossible for him to hit

i think if hes playing top 6 mins, 20 goals, he gets a bonus too

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Hartley, reported to become the Calgary Flames next head coach, won a Stanley Cup with Colorado in 2001

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633342
    Last edited by afrotl; 05-31-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Not a bad replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames announced today that they have named Bob Hartley as head coach. Hartley joins the Flames following a championship season with the ZSC Lions of Switzerland’s National League A.

“Bob Hartley is a winner. Bob has won at every level he has coached, from the QMJHL to the AHL to the NHL to Switzerland, and we are confident he is going to continue his winning ways in Calgary,” said Flames General Manager Jay Feaster. “He is a tireless worker, an outstanding motivator, a great bench boss and game strategist; and a teacher at heart. Moreover, he is a great person as well. We look forward to Bob and his wife Micheline joining the Flames family, and to Bob taking our hockey club to the next level.”

Hartley, a native of Hawkesbury, Ontario, brings a wealth of experience and winning to the Flames having coached the Colorado Avalanche for five seasons, during which they won the 2001 Stanley Cup, and also coached the Atlanta Thrashers for parts of five seasons. In addition to his most recent Swiss League title, he led the Hershey Bears to the 1997 Calder Cup and also has Junior A and Major Junior championship rings among his accomplishments.

“First I would like to thank Jay Feaster and the Calgary Flames for having the confidence to provide me with the opportunity to coach again in the NHL,” said Hartley. “I would also like to express my appreciation to the ZSC Lions for the tremendous experience of coaching and living in Switzerland; and also complying with my wishes to depart their organization for the Calgary Flames. It’s great to return to the League in a city, a community and an organization that has such an outstanding reputation and passion for hockey and success. I look forward to assuming my position and starting the preparation process for the 2012-13 season.”

Hartley began his coaching career with the Junior A team in his hometown of Hawkesbury. After guiding the club to two championships, he was named head coach of the Laval Titan of the QMJHL. Over two seasons with the Titan he compiled an 81–52–7 record, a league championship and an appearance in the 1993 Memorial Cup. Hartley’s junior success was rewarded when the Quebec Nordiques hired him as an assistant coach of their American Hockey League affiliate, the Cornwall Aces. It only took a single season before he took the reins as head coach in 1994, guiding the Aces to two division titles during the team's three year history.

When the Nordiques relocated to Colorado, Hartley became the head coach of their AHL affiliate, the Hershey Bears. Once again, his tenure with the Bears was a success as he guided the team to four consecutive playoff appearances and a Calder Cup title in 1997. A season later, Hartley was hired as the Colorado Avalanche bench boss. During his five seasons, the Avalanche won four division titles and made four appearances in the conference finals. Hartley's third season was ultimately his most successful one as Colorado steam-rolled through the league with a 52–16–10–4 record, a division title along with the President's Trophy and the Stanley Cup. Hartley’s tenure with the Avalanche franchise ended in December of 2002 with a 193–109–48 regular season record and a 49–31 playoff record. His 193 wins are a franchise record. He became the only coach in team history to record 40 or more wins during his first four seasons as head coach.

One month later, Hartley was appointed head coach of the Atlanta Thrashers. He guided the young Thrashers through four seasons of steady improvements but it was the 2006-07 campaign in which they won their first Southeast Division title, setting new franchise records for wins and points with a 43–28–11 record, good enough for 97 points and third seed in the Eastern Conference. The team also clinched its first playoff berth in franchise history. A slow start for the Thrashers in 2007-08 season resulted in Hartley and the club parting ways.

Hartley was enjoying a successful media career as a hockey analyst with RDS, but in the summer of 2011, he signed as head coach for the ZSC Lions in Zurich, Switzerland. Hartley and his wife, Micheline, have a daughter, Kristine and a son, Steve.

From TSN comments:
    this is little more than rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic with a new captain at the helm
    :P

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

So we unloaded Bork on the Habs and yoinked one of their coaching candidates from them?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    So we unloaded Bork on the Habs and yoinked one of their coaching candidates from them?
    Priceless!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Just a small hosing in comparison to what Toronto has done to us in the past.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Just a small hosing in comparison to what Toronto has done to us in the past.
    Yeah, but we got back at them for the Gilmour trade by giving them Dion.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

now if we could unload Jblow
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 123 132 133