Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition

Yes, the problem with J-Bo is his salary. For the lack of production and sometimes soft play, it shouldn't amount to anything more than $5M at the most. It's great that he can log a ton of minutes and play sound defensively, but if that's all you're gonna get from him, then that salary is way too much.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I was never sold on the JayBo acquisition to I'm still not really. On one hand, it was exciting to see him get in on the rushes with Tanguay and Iggy or blast the puck down the centre when the opposing team was caught deep in their own zone, but other times he'd make a lot of stupid defensive mistakes that ended up costing us. $6.6M is a lot to pay for smooth skating.

Bean, on the other hand, will be worth every penny.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by Freeskier

edit: does anyone know the situation with Feaster?
    Haven't heard anything around the office yet, but I don't see him going anywhere.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

JBo is simply not living up to what he was expected to be here. Which is weird, since Calgary tends to be more offensive-minded than Florida could ever hope to be.

In JBo's last four seasons in Florida, he was averaging almost 42 points a season. In his first two years here, he's averaged 26.5. His +/- is below average on the team, and his 3.5 goal average per season here is, quite honestly, unacceptable.

Don't get me wrong - he is usually a pretty big presence on the blueline which is nice. But there are many defensemen out there making half of what he is who can perform that aspect just as well, and manage to get similar point totals at the same time.

For being the 3rd highest paid d-man in the league, one would just expect more. A lot more than 69th ranked defenseman in points - that's for sure. And now, Calgary is likely stuck with him for another several years while he eats up all that cap space.

Very unfortunate signing indeed. With that said though, if he was back at his 40+ points per season level, I don't think we'd be complaining quite as much. It's easy to question a GM's decision in retrospect, but at the time, the signing didn't seem *as* bad.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I was never sold on the JayBo acquisition to I'm still not really. On one hand, it was exciting to see him get in on the rushes with Tanguay and Iggy or blast the puck down the centre when the opposing team was caught deep in their own zone, but other times he'd make a lot of stupid defensive mistakes that ended up costing us. $6.6M is a lot to pay for smooth skating.

Bean, on the other hand, will be worth every penny.
    while the flames may not hesitate to unload Jbo if given the chance, if you surround him with less talent on the blueline, I wonder if that is what he needs,
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Originally posted by SilverRex

while the flames may not hesitate to unload Jbo if given the chance, if you surround him with less talent on the blueline, I wonder if that is what he needs,
    He's been paired with Regehr for most of the season, who's probably the least talented of all Flames' regular defensemen. Playing with a stay-at-home guy like Regehr should give J-Bo more free range to jump into the play, which you see that from time to time, but he's got an absolutely horrible shot.

Originally posted by Quizzes

He's been paired with Regehr for most of the season, who's probably the least talented of all Flames' regular defensemen. Playing with a stay-at-home guy like Regehr should give J-Bo more free range to jump into the play, which you see that from time to time, but he's got an absolutely horrible shot
    ^This. All he shoots are muffins
    Originally posted by rage2
    When you said she's got talent, I assumed big tits. Fuck was I disappointed.

Yes J-Bo is our new Jokinen. At 5M he was not worth it but few have issues with him at $3M. If J-Bo was say $4M I doubt there would be as many people calling for him to be traded.

I don't mind Staios but I think his time here is done. We have veteran leadership already and I think we need to start seeing which of the young guys can step into that 6-7 D spots.

Ken King mentioned they won't be looking into the GM spot until July but I imagine it will be earlier now that Flames are out. My guess is Feaster will get the job.

With the contracts we have and all the NTC Daryl gave out the GM will not have as much flexibility to do much unless some crazy trades occur. Most likely the team won't change a lot until next year.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

I am not too worried about J-Bo right now as i am with the 3 shitty forwards we have. Langkow had a bigger impact in two games than these three combined.

3 forwards that are not good enough to play in the Flames top 9, Stajan, hagman and Kotalik..

Going into next season Stajan will sit 4th on the depth chart if the Flames don't sign Morrison. All for 3.5 million. ... I don't know WTF was Darryl thinking signing Stajan to that absurd contract till 2014? This guy stunk this year....

Kotalik is hopefully gone to Europe. But if he isn't, that gives the Flames 3 million in minor league contracts already.

Hagman hopefully can be moved, he can potentially play better on another team.

J-Bo,Stajan, Sarich, Kotalik, Hagman for Spezza!!!!

My Ride
    2008 G35

nobody is going to take stajan or kotalik for their salaries.
    Hagman is possible, because it is evident he has talent but they would be taking a risk ><
    Breathe deeply and live in the moment. It just may be the meaning of life!

My Ride
    Hondas

^^ she should let her boyfriend post more often... ^^

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Looks like kipper got in on the #1 play of the year

http://youtu.be/7851oNZa_Lc/youtube
    Last edited by P_D; 04-13-2011 at 12:26 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Haha Kipper seems to be making that list yearly.
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a tank

wasnt there a save from kipper stopping a puck in mid air that was going in with him laying down?

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

That Linus Omark shootout goal does not belong in that list.

My Ride
    Mom-van

So I was hitting some balls at NGA today and who walks in with his kids and goes to the stalls beside us.... Mr. Iginla. Haha, had a good little chat with him and our little guys hit some balls together, but I left my phone/camera in the car!!! BOOOO.... but good to see he's working on his game! haha
    ~*Leah*~

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    So I was hitting some balls at NGA today and who walks in with his kids and goes to the stalls beside us.... Mr. Iginla. Haha, had a good little chat with him and our little guys hit some balls together, but I left my phone/camera in the car!!! BOOOO.... but good to see he's working on his game! haha
    Nice. You don't run into him at the Dome ever?

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by SilverGS

Nice. You don't run into him at the Dome ever?
    Nope never really. I'm upstairs and they enter/change/practice/leave through the lower level.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Then you must run into Conroy. Can you get him to introduce me to his wife?

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Iginla used to live a couple doors down from me in hillhurst. Didn't see him all that often but his wife is gorgeous as well.

Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast