Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition - Page 125 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 125 of 133 FirstFirst ... 115 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 2651

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition

My Ride
    1990 4runner

What do you think a realistic kipper trade would be? Who with? and who for? Just out of curiosity.

In the end, does anything the Flames ownership might do really change the number of asses in seats in Calgary? I watch a good portion of all their games and empty seats do not seem to be an issue. The stats in the ESPN link below show tickets are really tight. Sounds like the customers are happy campers overall, they keep paying and sitting.

If I own the Flames, I'd be boosting the ticket prices. Each dollar increase in ticket price equals about $750,000 in revenue. The Flames masses will keep paying like lemmings. This goes for all teams sitting with a 100% fill record. Flames are not making money on the playoffs, each round missed is costing the franchise money.

The ownership group is a collection of local wealth and they are the ones to credit for the result on the ice. I am certain they take credit for their individual businesses successes and failures. Time to man up and put blame where it belongs. They are making money, so why change seems to be their business practice.

Easy fixes in Calgary, ship players as mentioned by others (Iggy and Kipper too), rebuild for 2020. The Oilers will get there first, they were smart enough to move earlier on their old sinking ship.

NHL Attendance Report - 2011-12:
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Flames ownership group:
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=40745

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by rage2

All any Iggy fan needs to do is go to iTunes, and watch a game from a few years ago. Watch an entire game, don't watch just good clips. Watching his play back then, ability to enter the zone with the puck, dangle around players, and win puck battles is completely different than today, where 90% of the time he attempts any of the above results in a turnover. I haven't looked up any turnover stats, but I'm going to make a guess that Iggy is in the top 10% for turnovers on our team.
    The star player on any team gets the puck the most and would always therefor lead the team in turnovers. So yes He is third on Calgary in turnovers, Olli is first.

Let me make a short list of other completely useless players that lead their team in turnovers this year.

Malkin, trade him, what a bum.
    Kessel, maybe they could get a 4th rounder for him
    Spezza, what has this guy done this year?
    Kovalchuk, see above.

For sake of argument here is a few more without comments.

Getzlaf
    Chara
    Doughty
    Hall
    Tavares
    Thorton

As you can see turnovers are not a good measure of skill in the slightest, Crosby lead the NHL for 2 seasons and he is far from a useless player.

Iginla is getting older, his production will decrease that's a fact, most teams have players to compliment and take over for aging players. All Calgary has is.....well more aging players. If they had a player like Tavares or similar playing on a second line teams couldn't stack the best line against the only offensive threat on said line.

Now yes, Glencross can score 30, but again, only 1 offensive threat on the line makes playing D very easy.

Next year when Cammy is healthy I think Iginla's production will go up especially if Bart is playing on that second line with Glencross.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    So what's the take on tonight's game?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Calgary take it. Canucks on a 5 game win streak, Flames end of a losing streak..almost a meaningless game.
    Or not. And with that comes the final nail in the coffin.

FORE!!!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Well it isn't technically the final nail, but it might as well be.

Calgary actually played ok; the Canucks were not exactly dominant. Difference tonight imo was goaltending.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

I wouldn't mind seeing Karlsson shifted. A Kipper/Irving pairing is pretty solid if you ask me. Especially the way Irving played this year.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Well it isn't technically the final nail, but it might as well be.

Calgary actually played ok; the Canucks were not exactly dominant. Difference tonight imo was goaltending.
    Uhh..no. They're done. Mathematically even lol.

Best they can do is 90 points. And San Jose plays Dallas..one of those two will gain at least a point.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by Freeskier
    What do you think a realistic kipper trade would be? Who with? and who for? Just out of curiosity.
    Kipper to tampa for brett connolly and their first? Heres to hoping..
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Uhh..no. They're done. Mathematically even lol.

Best they can do is 90 points. And San Jose plays Dallas..one of those two will gain at least a point.
    Flames were done when they dropped 3 out of 4 pts to Edm and CBJ a week or so ago. Can't get into playoffs on hard work alone. Need a bit of talent which current team doesn't have.

Originally posted by Aleks

Flames were done when they dropped 3 out of 4 pts to Edm and CBJ a week or so ago. Can't get into playoffs on hard work alone. Need a bit of talent which current team doesn't have.
    You're preachin to the choir. I said they were done loooong ago. But the discussion was "mathematically". Which happened last night in OT!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

You're right - I thought they had one extra point. But even if they won the rest and everyone else lost the rest, they'd be tied in which case they have fewer wins.

Almost made it. But then, that's been the story for a while now. This team needs to be blown apart and rebuilt.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

As much as I would like to see otherwise, I don't see feaster trading Iggy, I could see a trade for Kipper, but not until Irving is ready. I hope that is decided this summer so we might get some decent returns on Kipper.

I was so happy to hear we got Cammy back. Cammy has done really well since his return from the habs, and Bork has still sucked over there.

Olli has done really well this year, but the downside to this is he is a FA this summer. With his numbers he will be looking for a raise, so the question becomes will he resign, or is he going to test the waters.

The Iggy, Olli combo has been lighting things up quite well, and I would hate to see that broken up. Find a solid left winger for the 2, and it is a pretty decent line.

Bring up Sven for next season, paired with glencross, and have Stajan or Cammelleri center them. (assuming Stajan keeps playing at his current level) and they have a solid second line.

those 2 lines *should* produce a fair bit of scoring, couple those with a high energy line and a ruthless grinding line and I think we would have a pretty good team.

Having said all that, I would really like to see us acquire a replacement for Iggy now. He will probably retire in the next 3 years, and we need to find a way to replace him. Trading Kipper now and bringing up Irving would be our best bet to accomplish that, IMHO. We are probably going to suck next year, so I have no issues with bringing in Irving, or Karrlson, to get them the experience they need. And both goalies look pretty decent to me. Are they starter material? meh, that's up for debate.

I would LOVE to see something done with JBo's contract though. His salary is WAY out of line. I would say trade him and be done with him, but no other GM is going to touch him and have to pay that kind of money, so we are stuck with his smooth skating abilities.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

At the end of the day the Flames will have to make the choices required to build a team and stay within the salary cap. If they were able to sign everyone at the current rates they would have less than $70,000 of cap space and Sven wouldn't be able to make the lineup since he is a $1.5 mil cap hit.

The Flames have about $18 million in cap space and have 9 players on the roster that are in UFA/RFA status and that doesn't include adding Sven to the lineup ($1.5 mil cap hit).

Joker is definitely going to want more money than $3 mil for next year. I could see him wanting $4.5-5.0 minimum (possibly closer to $6 mil if he compares himself to Cammi).

At the end of the day, in order to keep Joker and to get Sven in the lineup, the Flames is going to have to get rid of someone.

The question is who.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by sputnik
    At the end of the day the Flames will have to make the choices required to build a team and stay within the salary cap. If they were able to sign everyone at the current rates they would have less than $70,000 of cap space and Sven wouldn't be able to make the lineup since he is a $1.5 mil cap hit.

The Flames have about $18 million in cap space and have 9 players on the roster that are in UFA/RFA status and that doesn't include adding Sven to the lineup ($1.5 mil cap hit).

Joker is definitely going to want more money than $3 mil for next year. I could see him wanting $4.5-5.0 minimum (possibly closer to $6 mil if he compares himself to Cammi).

At the end of the day, in order to keep Joker and to get Sven in the lineup, the Flames is going to have to get rid of someone.

The question is who.
    Agreed, but with a Kipper trade, that frees up $5.8M, Irving and Karlsson combined represent a cap hit of under 2M. however, trade kipper, and one of them will want a big raise, or next year when contracts come up, there will be an issue.

I would really like to see JBo be bought out. roughly $9M over 4 years, represents a 2m cap hit over that time frame, freeing up $4.4M a year in cap space. Something to explore...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Edge

Just read this on the Flames site (interview with Akim Aliu):

'"Wardo took me under his wing and mentored me. Definitely turned my game around a full 360. All the credit goes to him and the organization."'

A full 360? That's not a good thing. lol Should be interesting.

360=back to square one...lmao

Aliu gets an assist!

My Ride
    Silverado

watching them play like this at the end is just as frustrating as watching them get crushed for the last month.

like who gives a fuck..

fuck, i hope they choke, may as wel

you are getting your wish...3-2 now lol

My Ride
    Silverado

and now a powerplay... lol

My Ride
    Silverado

Page 125 of 133 FirstFirst ... 115 124 125 126 ... LastLast