Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition - Page 116 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 106 115 116 117 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2651

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition

I don't disagree Steve. We just don't have the dollars to make that happen. We need at least two quality Dmen and that likely eats up most of what we have left available.

At the same time we need to address the lack of offence the team is generating. The team needs a major shakeup in order to avoid doing a painful rebuild.

Getting Reinhart for Kipper would not be horrible as the kid could be playing for us next year. It's also hard to say how long he'll keep up the good numbers for.

The question. Are we a cup contender next year with Kipper or the year after and will his level of play drop off?

I would say no we aren't a contender with the current make up and eventually he'll decline.

It's not a good spot to be in but they need to do something besides the same old same old.

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

Originally posted by Type_S1

Wow...you just went full retard. Sarich is probably the worst player on the flames. If they cut him I can gaurantee nobody would pick him up for even half the salary. Do you watch hockey?

How about in the Edmonton game when 2 (maybe 3) of the goals were SOLELY Sarich's fault from stupid plays. Go and watch a game in person and see how terrible he is.
    And I quote Brent Sutter "Sarich has been our best player over the past 5 games"

That was after his injury two days ago.

Full retard?

Compare Sarich to guys making similar money. He's ok but not worth the 3.6 cap hit. I wouldn't say he's horrible but considering Oduya will be a 5M guy I'd rather pay the extra money for a guy like Oduya or Wideman.

Originally posted by desi112

And I quote Brent Sutter "Sarich has been our best player over the past 5 games"

That was after his injury two days ago.

Full retard?
    You're also quoting Brent Sutter. A man so wise he put Baerstchi on the 3rd line. Where as most even said he should have been stuck on the 2nd line to see what he could really do rather than limiting his exposure.

Sutter isn't nearly as smart or good of a coach as many think he is.

Originally posted by pea_soup
    You're also quoting Brent Sutter. A man so wise he put Baerstchi on the 3rd line. Where as most even said he should have been stuck on the 2nd line to see what he could really do rather than limiting his exposure.
    I don't care how shit hot a rookie is... but (unless there is NO ONE else) a good coach will never put one on a top line.

That would cause tons of issues in the dressing room.

Brent made the right move here.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I love people calling each other retards then suggesting trades that involve UFA's.

If teams wanted a UFA they would just fucking sign them instead of trading an asset for them.

Here are the UFA's after this season, please refrain from suggesting them in trades because no GM is stupid enough to trade for a UFA unless its for the top end players rights.

Sarich
    Moss
    Stempniak
    Jokinen
    Kostopoulos
    Hannan

and 2 plugs that I wont even mention.

The only RFA's that will be qualified are probably going to be Backlund, Byron and Irving. I would imagine every other one gets let go. Irving will only be qualified if his hit is reasonable because of Ramo being in the system now. Byron will probably get 800k ish and anything over 2 million for Backlund would be a waste IMO.

Also Kippers NMC expires after this season, that should be taken into account when suggesting him not wanting to move as well, he wouldnt have a choice.

17 million next year is a lot of money, especially if you consider that guys like Bouma, Nemisz, and Horak will all be on the active roster playing on sub 800k deals. I would even guess that Sven is full time as well.

That leaves Calgary with 2 spots to fill with about 10-12 million on FWD and 1 spot to fill on D (i am assuming Babs plays fulltime next year so we can trade him). Again this is all under the assumption no trades are made before the season starts.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

You are crazy if you think they aren't going to qualify Irving and at the same point qualify Backlund.

Backlund will be moved in the off season as he isn't working in Calgary. He's not getting better and paying him 1.5 is a bad idea.

Calgary will try to run with Cammy, Jokinen, Stajan and Jones at center. They will try to re-sign Jokinen so long as its a 4M max cap hit.

Irving is only getting better and will be the bonafide #1 guy within a couple years. Ramo gives them options but there is absolutely no way we don't see Irving playing in Calgary next year.

This is part of the reason I think Kipper has played his final season in Calgary. Everything combined points to an excess in Goalies. You don't let Irving walk for nothing. If you can get a top 10 pick for Kipper though you take it.

Originally posted by sputnik

I don't care how shit hot a rookie is... but (unless there is NO ONE else) a good coach will never put one on a top line.

This is the same mentality that has been so wrong in Calgary for so long. Outside of Dion Phaneuf they never gave any of the younger talent a chance to do anything to prove they did belong. You aren't going to grow your talen by sticking them in the AHL and hoping they develop.

You want a guy like Baertschi to develop and show you what you can do then you don't play him with Kostopolous et al. Play him with the guys that are offensively minded so you can see what he can do and just how good he can be.

By sticking him on the 3rd line we saw glimpses of greatness. So long as they give him 2nd line time next year there is no reason he doesn't compete for rookie of the year.

By the way, I guess RNH should be playing on the 3rd line too. The logic is so backwards. This guy named Eberle seems to be doing very well after getting 2nd line last season.

You don't develop our top line by making them play 4th line minutes.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Originally posted by sputnik

I disagree. Rangers called up rookie Carl Hagelin, the fastest skater at the skills comp - and Torts started him on the 3rd line and now he's work his way up to be on the wing with Gaborik and Richards. I guess it all depends on the player, but I think Barch played well enough to be on the 2nd line.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by Kavy

The only RFA's that will be qualified are probably going to be Backlund, Byron and Irving. I would imagine every other one gets let go. Irving will only be qualified if his hit is reasonable because of Ramo being in the system now. Byron will probably get 800k ish and anything over 2 million for Backlund would be a waste IMO.
    You are crazy if you think they aren't going to qualify Irving and at the same point qualify Backlund.
    Your reading comprehension sucks ass. Notice how I said Irving Byron and Backlund would be qualified?

Im beginning to think you just like to argue.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Originally posted by Kavy

Your reading comprehension sucks ass. Notice how I said Irving Byron and Backlund would be qualified?

Im beginning to think you just like to argue.
    Read what I said. They aren't qualifying Backlund. He will be traded by the draft.

Any money given to him is an absolute waste as he's a 5th line center if you get what I'm saying.

You also said he would be qualified if it was reasonable. They are going to give him a 2 year deal in the 1.5 to 1.8 range. They'll sign Ramo for 2 years at 3.0 to 4.0 range. You then have two goalies under contract for 2.2 to 2.9 per year.

Where does that leave Kipper??? Hmmm....

This is part of the reason I think Kipper has played his final season in Calgary. Everything combined points to an excess in Goalies. You don't let Irving walk for nothing. If you can get a top 10 pick for Kipper though you take it.
    Irving is RFA... he's not allowed to walk, especially for nothing.

Originally posted by slick2404

I disagree. Rangers called up rookie Carl Hagelin, the fastest skater at the skills comp - and Torts started him on the 3rd line and now he's work his way up to be on the wing with Gaborik and Richards. I guess it all depends on the player, but I think Barch played well enough to be on the 2nd line.
    Hagelin's also 23 years old with some professional experience playing in the AHL.
    There's no doubt that Baertschi is THE future for the Flames, but I think Brent used him pretty well on the 3rd line. Playing 2nd line minutes might kill his confidence when he has to play against better d-man and checking forwards. He probably could've moved his way up to a top-6 role if his stay was longer.

Really depends. If they stick with Kipper and add Ramo I'm sure you'll find some team willing to pay him 1.5M and we'll get next to nothing back for it.

When they traded for Ramo it had some pretty big consequences even though Feaster has said what the hell his plans were. He didn't give up the 2nd round pick for Ramo for no reason though.

No chance they trade a young up and comer in Irving.

My Ride

Read what I said. They aren't qualifying Backlund. He will be traded by the draft.

Any money given to him is an absolute waste as he's a 5th line center if you get what I'm saying.

You also said he would be qualified if it was reasonable. They are going to give him a 2 year deal in the 1.5 to 1.8 range. They'll sign Ramo for 2 years at 3.0 to 4.0 range. You then have two goalies under contract for 2.2 to 2.9 per year.

Where does that leave Kipper??? Hmmm....
    Ill try my darndest to remember this at the draft. backlund will be qualified. You don't trade a 22yr old guy who has the skillset to be in the top 6.

You my friend have no idea what your talking about. Pea Brain should be your name. Further, have you seen any of the past 10 games? Please don't tell me Sarich has not been a force out there, that would be plain stupid. Hanan has been steady as rock. We can say Jbo has played a weak game since he upped his physical play over the past 2-3 weeks.

I don't even know why i'm responding

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by 88CRX
    +1
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

I have season tickets. I see all the games up close and personal.

Sarich and Hannan rarely draw the top forwards from the other team. Not hard to be great against the bottom two lines.

You think Backlund has top six potential? HE HAD that potential and we've see what he can't do when he plays with top level talent like Iginla and Tanguay.

He doesn't have an hard shot, nor a fast shot. His passing is very average and he's weak against other top lines when it comes to winning faceoffs.

Anything else you want to know besides looking at his stats online?

My Ride

I have season tickets. I see all the games up close and personal.

Sarich and Hannan rarely draw the top forwards from the other team. Not hard to be great against the bottom two lines.

You think Backlund has top six potential? HE HAD that potential and we've see what he can't do when he plays with top level talent like Iginla and Tanguay.

He doesn't have an hard shot, nor a fast shot. His passing is very average and he's weak against other top lines when it comes to winning faceoffs.

Anything else you want to know besides looking at his stats online?
    Yeah, I don't understand, you claim to know hockey but you are willing to give up on a 22 - year old after an injury riddeled season.

Pea_Body for GM

Not just one season. He has not improved or grown as a player even when provided the opportunity to play with top six talent.

There are some guys deserving to be noticed like TJ Brodie. Guy is young, has put up comparable numbers to Backlund yet he's playing D.

The numbers shown by Backlund just are not what you want from a top six guy. Giving him 1.5 just hand cuffs the team even more. As it is our Top six isn't that great and the fact he can't play top six on the flames says a lot.

I think he'll be a good 3rd for some time but the fact we have Stajan alrady making 3.5 on the 3rd line I cant see them giving backlund a contract.

We take either Backlund or Jokinen but not both...

My Ride
    is wild

We take either Backlund or Jokinen but not both...
    Hopefully its neither

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 106 115 116 117 126 ... LastLast