Quantcast
futureshop or bb employees... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: futureshop or bb employees...

My Ride
    GT TDi

Default futureshop or bb employees...

anyone care to use their employee pricing for a ~$20 fee or something

we should make a thread of requests and people requesting stuff and sticky it no??

PM me if so
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I think they only get a few discounts per year.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

BB hires people and they sit in corporate all day looking for stuff like this online. This can get an employee fired, and often times the discount isn't worth the effort. I use to work for BB a while back.

And anyone that use to work or still works at BB or Future Shop knows this is the most irritating question: "Hey man, could you buy a TV for me with your employee discount?"

BB keeps a record of all purchases, in fact they line it up with how much you've made in the company. I've heard of stories where managers refuse sale to employees if earnings don't match expenses.

Originally posted by Zephyr
    BB hires people and they sit in corporate all day looking for stuff like this online. This can get an employee fired, and often times the discount isn't worth the effort. I use to work for BB a while back.

And anyone that use to work or still works at BB or Future Shop knows this is the most irritating question: "Hey man, could you buy a TV for me with your employee discount?"

BB keeps a record of all purchases, in fact they line it up with how much you've made in the company. I've heard of stories where managers refuse sale to employees if earnings don't match expenses.
    I don't know about that... I worked at FS and I bought about 6 stereo decks on staff.

I find it hard to believe the believed that I owned 6 vehicles. My spending was well out of my income to.

My Ride

Originally posted by Spoons

I don't know about that... I worked at FS and I bought about 6 stereo decks on staff.

I find it hard to believe the believed that I owned 6 vehicles. My spending was well out of my income to.
    I was a supervisor when I worked there. One of my guys got fired for purchasing "too many things", and it turns out he wasn't lying, but they canned him anyway.

My Ride
    GT TDi

well if someone wants to do it lmk, PM me
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    19 GLI

Default Re: futureshop or bb employees...

Originally posted by bart
    anyone care to use their employee pricing for a ~$20 fee or something

we should make a thread of requests and people requesting stuff and sticky it no??

PM me if so
    No offence but your asking somebody to risk their job for $20. Good luck with that one

I am curious in a Xoom. I am not saying I want employee pricing but I want to know a fair way to get a good deal.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    19 GLI

those will be the same for a regular customer or staff. computers are pretty much lost leaders.

My Ride

All laptops, desktops, gaming consoles, apple products and tablets have little to almost no discounts on them. I still have a few contacts in the company, and they still confirm the discount is the same from when I worked there. Those products normally had no margins and relied on accessories. Normally cables, and small stuff had big discounts though. To this day I don't miss that discount, I have Amazon prime, which in the end minus the cost of gas to go to a store and sales tax, it ends up being cheaper through Amazon....

If you still feel a need to get a "discount" I would do through PM, as there is no benefit for the employee to post publicly.

My Ride
    Lease

Off topic, Do you know how long you have to "work" at these places (FS, BB) before the employee discount kicks in? (3 months? immediately?)

Thanks

My Ride

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Off topic, Do you know how long you have to "work" at these places (FS, BB) before the employee discount kicks in? (3 months? immediately?)

Thanks
    Three months, that's if you're hired to be permanent. During the holidays, that rule is dismissed and all new hires get discounts once they begin working, but they do that because most of the new hires don't last after holidays (hired as temps, or extreme hour cutting ie. only 4 hours a week)

FS is the same rules I believe, according to all the company propaganda they made us watch.

edit...

My Ride
    Get off my lawn!

I worked at Visions for a year and a bit, they let employees buy whatever they wanted at cost, and they gave friends & family of employees a Cost +10% discount.
    As long as you weren't trying to buy the key items for the next big sale you could buy as much as you wanted to. And if you still wanted those key items, you just had to wait a week or two for more to come in from the warehouse.

That being said, I worked there about 10 yrs ago. The salesmen I worked with there were pretty laid back, if a customer asked em for a deal - they usually got a cost +15 or something like that. The markup on TVs is horrible though, so don't expect much there. Stereo equipment was marked up pretty good.

Disclaimer: My info is probably outdated.

Just go in and negotiate with the sales guy, if your getting the 3 year service plan they can usually move the price down quite a bit. I've never paid full price for any of my big purchases.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Colin_R6
    Disclaimer: My info is probably outdated.
    MSRP doesn't even give you 10% margin on most products.

That's why they love to sell you overpriced cables.

Originally posted by Deville
    Just go in and negotiate with the sales guy, if your getting the 3 year service plan they can usually move the price down quite a bit. I've never paid full price for any of my big purchases.
    Then you just got a discount on the service plan and not the products. You still walked out paying more or at best list price.

My Ride
    1982 Chevette

Originally posted by Mar
    I think they only get a few discounts per year.

Former employee, but I still have connections for discounts.

You can buy as much as you like. As long as your not a 15 year old trying to buy a full kitchen set..

Never had any issues with these. Although if its a $20 dollar thing just pick it up. I could understand if you were looking for a $400 dollar thing.. But then some cash would have to be thrown my way.

Best way to get a discount is to buy the warranty at FS (Northland throws some big discounts your way) and haggle like a mofo. Lower than original price and probably some free shit. Also that warranty has SURGE PROTECTION... Hmmm whats that take my tv to the garage and battery booster it? Oh look my tv surged out... "
    It doesn't work. Can I have a new one please?"
    Last edited by Bizzareo; 04-20-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Originally posted by Bizzareo

Best way to get a discount is to buy the warranty at FS (Northland throws some big discounts your way) and haggle like a mofo.
    Does buying the warranty not completely defeat the purpose of getting a discount?

Most electronics offer a 1 yr warranty and I don't know many people whose credit card doesn't give them another year on top of that. Home A/V stuff doesn't have a high failure rate either. You can buy a surge protector for $3.

My brother used to work at FS, and when he was there, no employees ever bought the warranty on things they bought for themselves, but they always pushed it on the customers.

My Ride
    UA6

I've heard of stories where managers refuse sale to employees if earnings don't match expenses.
    This is entirely false. I worked at bb part time (10-15 hours/week) for like 2 years while having a real job and bought tons of electronics

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Bizzareo
    Never had any issues with these. Although if its a $20 dollar thing just pick it up. I could understand if you were looking for a $400 dollar thing.. But then some cash would have to be thrown my way.
    I think he meant he'll pay the employee $20 to access his discount, which means he's saving more than $20 on whatever he's trying to buy...
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast