Quantcast
BlackBerry PlayBook... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry PlayBook...

Default BlackBerry PlayBook...

So anyone picked up the new playbook today? If you did, how do you like it. I was at Northland today and tried to play around with one at BestBuy and Futureshop but there was a line up of people getting their hands on it. They where selling like crazy today.

Anyways, I couldn't really compare it with the iPad2 and the Xoom today. So any reviews would be great. I might pick up one for my old man.

It was kind of funny because there was no love for the XOOM. It was just sitting there beside the playbook while everyone was lined up to get their hands on blackberry..
    Last edited by ICEBERG; 04-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.

here's a review by someone on my usual forums

OK, OS still sucks. I prefer android. Having no PIM functions out of the box is major fail since RIM wants you to do BB Bridge to do that. Fuck that noise. Browser is choppy...fuck that too. Fuck you RIM...DIAF

No 3G...fuck you, are you guys fucking retarded? You want me to tether this POS with my fucking slow ass fucking 9700? Internet through your server sucks dick. Thanks for slowing down the data by compressing my shit!

When the Gen2 Sammy's come out in another month or so you are so FUCKED it's not even funny. You WERE suppose to be FIRST to MARKET with DUO CORE!!! Stupid fucks. Playbook would have been fucking kick ass had it come out in time for Q4. YOUR PLANNING SUCKS MAJOR DICK.

Look at apple...they were shitting bricks with all these duo core units coming out and had to quickly fill the gap with the iPad2 and have another one coming out for Q4.

RIM YOU SUCK. You make shitty phones and your only chance at reviving the company with a great tablet and you managed to fuck that up. Good fucking luck.

Lastly, You have completely cheapened the fucking brand by distributing to everyone and their moms...wal-mart, sears...etc., W T F
    Thought this was suppose to be enterprise shit...

In closing, if this had 3G and came out about 4 months ago would have been a home run. However, given what is currently out already and with a brazillion more android devices coming out... DO NOT WANT!

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Default Re: BlackBerry PlayBook...

Originally posted by ICEBERG
    So anyone picked up the new playbook today? If you did, how do you like it. I was at Northland today and tried to play around with one at BestBuy and Futureshop but there was a line up of people getting their hands on it. They where selling like crazy today.

Anyways, I couldn't really compare it with the iPad2 and the Xoom today. So any reviews would be great. I might pick up one for my old man.

It was kind of funny because there was no love for the XOOM. It was just sitting there beside the playbook while everyone was lined up to get their hands on blackberry..
    There are TONS of reviews on youtube or through engaged... Playbook looks so small... I can't see myself getting much use out of it. I might just buy the Ipad for a toy....

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by yeahyeah
    here's a review by someone on my usual forums

I actually enjoyed this read. I think the guy is a little disappointed...

Hes right with the new tab tho, cant wait for that one, I think I'll grab it if it comes here.

My Ride
    Model S

Don't put much faith in a reviewer that says "duo core"

My Ride
    2013 FR-S

Originally posted by googe
    Don't put much faith in a reviewer that says "duo core"
    What about that post did you disagree with aside from the use of 'duo core' ?

I thought his review was spot on.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

The part where he said "RIM YOU SUCK. You make shitty phones and your only chance.. blahblah"..

That's just plain ignorant to say something like that. Besides, RIM can afford to have a flop in the Playbook if they don't sell their target (3 million I believe) in 2011.

My Ride
    Bicycle

After Storm, Torch being unable to fight off Apple and Android, hopes are hi this will turn the tide a bit.

But from what I've read, the fact that 3G and mail require a pairing of BB phone, Playbook fails again. BB phone users are declining which make this a very short sighted move.

Hardware and OS wise, it's quite a strong unit when I played with it @ CES. Have no idea how well Android apps runs on it tho.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I hate the Torch, but the Torch sold more than it was expected to.

I rather buy an iPad myself, since you're not benefiting price wise either on the Playbook.

I mean, if people are going to hate on the Playbook, at least hate with proper facts (not angry opinions), unlike that review posted by yeahyeah.

So much hype and delays all for nothing really. No email, but they will release it in the summer. And this whole wi-fi, no 3G BS. You think someone is gonna go and buy a blackberry to use this tablet.

And I totally disagree with RIM being able to afford a flop. They have been losing market share for a while now. This was supposed to be the product to re-energize their line up. They gave it their best shot and failed. All downhill for RIM from here on.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

I'm pretty sure I read a report forecasting RIM to drop down to 5th or 6th place by 2015. I'll have to wait till I get home to pull up the article.

My Ride
    2013 FR-S

Originally posted by dimi
    So much hype and delays all for nothing really. No email, but they will release it in the summer. And this whole wi-fi, no 3G BS. You think someone is gonna go and buy a blackberry to use this tablet.

And I totally disagree with RIM being able to afford a flop. They have been losing market share for a while now. This was supposed to be the product to re-energize their line up. They gave it their best shot and failed. All downhill for RIM from here on.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

My Ride
    Model S

It's priced the same as the version of the iPad 2 that has no 3G. I dunno why someone would want 3G on it personally, since you'd have to pay another subscription/data plan. Just use the wifi and tether to the phone.

Also, it has a better screen and 1GB of ram vs only 512 in the iPad 2. Not having mail on launch day is dumb, but they are releasing it after a few months, so this doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

If it can run android apps, I'd probably take a PB over an iPad 2, but I might just hold out for the iPad 3 also.

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

i am typing this right now while tethered to my friend's Milestone. So far the experience has been pretty awesome, I am not entirely sure why people think there is no email client as gmail, yahoo, aol, hotmail and a few others all had icons on my playbook. they lead to PB optimized online applications that easily work as well as my iPod touch's buiit in client (the newest touch).

Even tethered 720p youtube videos load instantly and the pdf viewer is fantastic. My calendar is synced to gmail which is bookmarked for when my bb isn't tethered but if you happen to have a berry then it's even better.

The screen is awesome, video playback is smooth and i have not been able to slow it down ever. Definitely glad I chose this to replace my iPad instead of the iPad 2. Both are good but this way i am saving $120/yr on data and my internet is just as fast as before.

It is far from perfect but i still quite like it. I am sure those of you drinking the magic Apple juice feel differently without ever using it.

Got one at staples on the way to work. Everyone at work loves it. A lot missing that is on the way and should make it that much better. Love the fact I'm able to pop on megavideo and catch up on TV if needed on the go.

However, if you don't have a BlackBerry, my opinion might change.

My Ride
    rally pig

so the PB can't be added to the BES like you would with a regular BB correct?
    from what I was reading in endgadget is you need to sync your bb with pb so that it can receive emails/contacts/calendars.

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

No it cannot connect to a BES directly; in a month that feature should be added, however if you are using a BES you likely have a blackberry. The bridge app doesn't seem to drain either battery faster than leaving a headset paired.

*reason for editing: spelling and grammer policed myself.
    Last edited by Q-TIP; 04-20-2011 at 09:10 AM.

My Ride
    2016 Camaro SS convertible

I really like mine so far as well, although my experience may be different if I wasn't already using a BB phone as well.

It still could use a few things like wireless printing and Skype, but overall I'm quite happy with it. I like Blackberry Bridge a lot so far, and I prefer using the MS Docs to Go on the PB versus my daughters iPad.

The iPad is great as well, but for what I want to use it for the PB should work pretty well - especially if they add a few more features down the road.

if i still had a blackberry i think i would pick up the playbook.

but yeah Android FTW!

How do you use your bb to tether with the playbook?

If i can do this ill consider returning my ipad 2 for a playbook and just keep my blackberry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast