Quantcast
Scion FR-S Concept - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Scion FR-S Concept

Depending on price I'd probably buy this over a V6 Mustang right now. Maybe it was the 200lb salesman that was in the car with me, but the Mustang just wasn't as fun to zip around in.
    Did the mustang you test drove have the performance package? The difference is pretty big.

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know. I just read up on what it has and you're right, I imagine it would make quite a difference. Maybe I'll go drive another one and make sure it's got the right options.

In hilarious news, I gave the Hyundai salesman 4 pricing scenarios that I wanted quotes on, he wrote them down and said he'd e-mail me. He sent me 1 scenario and it wasn't one we talked about. So I get an automated e-mail from the Sales Manager hoping I had a good experience. I try to reply to it detailing what happened but the reply-to address is incorrect and it bounces.

Hyundai Gallery needs to get their shit together, what a joke.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

if it had aluminum on the dash, it was probably the performance pack one.

the problem with the mustang is its so damn quiet that you dont realize how quick it is

also the base is a boat in the corners. its sprung too lightly. $300 h&r ss springs and its a completely different animal in the corners. its a blast to drive still after almost a year and i normally get bored QUICK...

My Ride
    has darth kitty

kindddda is relevant.... not... but kinda

BRZ info, pricing, packages, whatnot
    poop

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

My favorite comment so far (blitz of stellar reviews today)

K, this is all come down to. You haven't driven this car yet from the all the comments I read. Nakamura-san (Toyota rep from Japan) stated this to me

"If you look just the number for this car, it's nothing special. We can explain to media for an hr and they would not get how great this car really is. So we gave up talking and give them the keys and let the car talk to them. After they drive the car, most of them don't have any words to explain it."

I gonna say the same thing. Drive this car. I don't care FRS or BRZ. See if this car really is gutless. So called "need more power." After you test drive this car and you still think it needs turbo, supercharger, NOS, dynamite, go for it.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    X100 | A80

I like the vert
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

iffy bout the vert..

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

They are in the city! I saw a blue FR-S today in the NW by Beacon Hill. It had dealer plates and I assume came from Charlesglen Toyota.

My Ride
    has darth kitty

wow... thats wayy early
    poop

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Kardon
    I like the vert
    Like the other chop better. But no way this will be a 4 seater if they go topless.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Originally posted by Godfuader
    The knobs and stereo felt outdated and boring as heck. No push start, no navi, no aux plug-in...no ounce of creature comforts that should come with the most basic of new cars.
    The boring interior on the FRS I was talking about. I think it is the head unit that bugs me the most

Comparing the two:

BRZ interior wide. Looks great IMO.

Some more shots of the FRS and BRZ from the show
    FRS

BRZ

Toyobaru lovechild

Rest of the 2012 New York Auto Show
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=351839

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride

The Scion has USB/aux in, it does bluetooth phone and music streaming, and it can be replaced with any other double din radio. Not sure what the issue is, or what creature comforts you're missing...

Another review pointing out that 1+1 can equal 3.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Khyron
    The Scion has USB/aux in, it does bluetooth phone and music streaming, and it can be replaced with any other double din radio. Not sure what the issue is, or what creature comforts you're missing...

Another review pointing out that 1+1 can equal 3.
    I think he's pointing out more that the deck is straight out of the 1990's Pioneer catalog. Even the deck in the BRZ is based on an 6 year old Pioneer NAV unit. This is kind of to be expected though as Subaru fails hard at car audio and NAV.

Originally posted by Khyron
    Not sure what the issue is, or what creature comforts you're missing...
    i thought he was pretty clear. interior looks like a 90s cars. its sposed to be a tribute to the 80s car, not look like it was designed in the 80s. shit looks dated yo.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Originally posted by heavyD
    They are in the city! I saw a blue FR-S today in the NW by Beacon Hill. It had dealer plates and I assume came from Charlesglen Toyota.
    I'm sure we'll start to see a few soon. The "First 86" program (I believe it was USA only? Correct me if I'm wrong) start to get their cars starting today, I believe. After that, the car will go on sale. (Beginning of June.) The cars started to arrive in Port of Los Angeles and other destinations last week. Dealerships aren't supposed to be displaying or selling them before the "First 86" program wraps up. Which, IIRC, is a week or so from now.

Here's to hoping that whomever's car that was that you saw driving around is okay with a bunch of miles on it already! And for the sake of any FR-S/BRZ pre-order owners, let's hope that it wasn't a sold vehicle.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Phl0xed
    Here's to hoping that whomever's car that was that you saw driving around is okay with a bunch of miles on it already! And for the sake of any FR-S/BRZ pre-order owners, let's hope that it wasn't a sold vehicle.
    It probably was. I ordered and waited for over 3 months for my Mustang and my dealer (Universal Ford) salesman kindly drive it for two days after it was delivered putting 120 km's on it. Dealership salesmen are scumbags. The car still had the plastic on the hood so I assume it was recently delivered.

My Ride

The dealers are getting test mules, but only for 1-2 days before the cars move on. Ordered cars shouldn't be here until the end of May, early June at earliest. Even the US guys that won the first 86 contest don't have theirs yet.

Problem is I think all the testers are autos.

My Ride
    DC2

Dealerships are getting vehicles for customers to look, see and test drive. The scion dealership called me today and booked me in Thursday to take one out.
    The BRZ is starting to grow on me more than the FRS now though.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Originally posted by heavyD

It probably was. I ordered and waited for over 3 months for my Mustang and my dealer (Universal Ford) salesman kindly drive it for two days after it was delivered putting 120 km's on it. Dealership salesmen are scumbags. The car still had the plastic on the hood so I assume it was recently delivered.
    Ah, man. That's horrible. I always tell the dealers not to even take my plastic off. I'll take it for detailing myself. Just don't trust them. Granted, I don't really have much experience with any dealerships here in Calgary yet..

Originally posted by Errol.

Dealerships are getting vehicles for customers to look, see and test drive. The scion dealership called me today and booked me in Thursday to take one out.
    The BRZ is starting to grow on me more than the FRS now though.
    Well that makes me feel a bit better. I don't blame you, the BRZ--in my opinion--is a much more polished looking vehicle. I've always got the feeling that FR-S just looks cheaper. Each time I've seen them in person, I've gotten the same impression. The BRZ interior is much nicer too. The way that the pricing is set, I can't ever see myself leaning towards the FR-S. Then again, I plan on sitting back and waiting to see what comes out of Japan for Subaru's next "higher powered" trim. I have a feeling that once the supply is there, the price on these vehicles will drop a bit. Couple of years and there will be plenty in the used market to pick up for a decent price for a project car too. Though I must say, I'm most excited to test drive one of these.

My Ride
    DC2

Well just took one out today. Pretty disappointed with the power. Handling is great. Steering feels nice and predictable. Interior is average. The one i drove had the upgraded headunit and worked okay. Back seats are small but useable if you have to fit someone under 5'6" and a short person up front also. Still can't get over the power though. 200hp and felt slower than a civic si or a vw gti. If they decide to bring out a turbo version with more power this is a car i'd be interested in purchasing.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast