Quantcast
Buying a new DD. what to buy suggestions? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buying a new DD. what to buy suggestions?

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Default Buying a new DD. what to buy suggestions?

so back in the market again for a new vehicle. I'm going to be trying to get rid of the Cherokee this summer and picking up something newer and more reliable.

-$20,000- $25,000~ limit (Used of course)
    - must be AWD or 4x4 for calgary winters.
    - Leather/heated

I'm really not too picky just needs to be something nice.

So far really the only car in the running's is a Newer Subaru legacy gt sedan.

any suggestions are welcomed, thanks.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

G35x
    is250 awd

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Car only? Or trucks suvs crossovers?

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

not really interested in a truck. SUVs and crossovers yea, but im also concerned about fuel consumption. don't want to be breaking the bank filling up.

My Ride
    See sig

IS250 AWD
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    Nothing

why does it have be 4x4 or AWD? I get around fine with RWD and blizzaks
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Interested in my 2005 Subaru Forester XT Turbo?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ275536006

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Subaru Legacy GT Spec B

And didnt finish reading all of your post but good choice!!!
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Originally posted by M.alex
    why does it have be 4x4 or AWD? I get around fine with RWD and blizzaks
    because i already own a RWD car. And after going through this winter in the jeep im just not interested.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Originally posted by lee88
    Interested in my 2005 Subaru Forester XT Turbo?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ275536006

looking for something newer then that. and im not too into the wagons.

My Ride
    STi

Only interested in the Legacy? Have you considered impreza/WRX or even maybe an older, used STI? Didn't really say too much about what you're looking for. Are you looking for something abit more luxurious?

I second DJ rices choice. The Legacy GT Spec B would be an amazing choice as well.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

spent the last 2 hours since my original post looking at the IS250 awd and really like it.

ive considered a WRX aswell but i think im leaning towards luxury seens as i already have the rwd 240sx and don't plan on selling it.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Have you considered a used Audi? I think the A series (4,6,8) cars are nice looking, they are awd and have some good power. downside is im sure maintenance is a bit pricey.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

+1 for Legacy GT Spec B.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Originally posted by leftwing
    Have you considered a used Audi? I think the A series (4,6,8) cars are nice looking, they are awd and have some good power. downside is im sure maintenance is a bit pricey.
    yeah i love the look of the audis but all the stories i have heard about reliability and the cost of repair kind of make me want to stay as far as i can away from them.

Twin cam, i was waiting for you to chime in on this one, you just got rid of your s13 and picked up the legacy did you not? What do you think so far?

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

Originally posted by S13_Ryan
    spent the last 2 hours since my original post looking at the IS250 awd and really like it.

ive considered a WRX aswell but i think im leaning towards luxury seens as i already have the rwd 240sx and don't plan on selling it.
    IS250 is nice as long as you are not the one sitting in the cramped rear seat. If you hardly use the rear seat, who cares, worth noting though if you do.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by S13_Ryan

yeah i love the look of the audis but all the stories i have heard about reliability and the cost of repair kind of make me want to stay as far as i can away from them.

Twin cam, i was waiting for you to chime in on this one, you just got rid of your s13 and picked up the legacy did you not? What do you think so far?
    Ive put about 10000km on mine so far, its pretty nice. Interior is great, I have the GT Limited so I have leather, heated seats, power seats, ski pass-through, automatic climate control. My friends have sat in the back seat for a few ski trips now, they seem to like it. 250HP stock i'snt too bad, and I talked to Sunny who tunes Subaru's, and with a down-pipe and opensource tune you can expect to see 25-30AWHP and 30-40AWTQ over stock (200AWHP and 200AWTQ at Calgary's altitude), which is what I'm planning next. AWD works great in the snow, was out at Auto X yesterday, fairly neutral handling with oversteer if you know how to provoke the car into it, brakes are fairly good. Steering is a little on the light side for me, but it does the job. Its been reliable for me, I did the timing belt because it was due, changed the fluids, one wheel bearing failed and took out the speed sensor (Subaru has a TSB out for this), and some front control arm bushings, not bad considering my car has over 183000km on it now.

Overall I like it, but it isn't a sports car, its a quick 4 door sedan with lots of potential. I think I will be looking for a Corvette or a S2000 or something like that for a summer car in a few months or next year.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Ive put about 10000km on mine so far, its pretty nice. Interior is great, I have the GT Limited so I have leather, heated seats, power seats, ski pass-through, automatic climate control. My friends have sat in the back seat for a few ski trips now, they seem to like it. 250HP stock i'snt too bad, and I talked to Sunny who tunes Subaru's, and with a down-pipe and opensource tune you can expect to see 25-30AWHP and 30-40AWTQ over stock (200AWHP and 200AWTQ at Calgary's altitude), which is what I'm planning next. AWD works great in the snow, was out at Auto X yesterday, fairly neutral handling with oversteer if you know how to provoke the car into it, brakes are fairly good. Steering is a little on the light side for me, but it does the job. Its been reliable for me, I did the timing belt because it was due, changed the fluids, one wheel bearing failed and took out the speed sensor (Subaru has a TSB out for this), and some front control arm bushings, not bad considering my car has over 183000km on it now.

Overall I like it, but it isn't a sports car, its a quick 4 door sedan with lots of potential. I think I will be looking for a Corvette or a S2000 or something like that for a summer car in a few months or next year.
    yeah most likely whatever i buy will be staying 100% factory other than a set of wheels and tires and maybe some lowering springs for summer. i already have the 240 which has seen a lot of aftermarket attention and i can't afford to be putting money into two cars nore do i want to take the huge loss on selling the 240sx.

hoping that whatever i buy needs next to nothing maintenance wise right from the get go... so I'm looking at cars with no more than 75,000km's.

so far the legacy and the IS250 are pretty much spot on what im looking for. going to check out one of each this week.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 03:40 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I agree, my Mom's CRV is amazing in the winter time. I'm impressed every time I drive it when the weather is shit.
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast