Quantcast
POS Norton Internet Security PRO....please help.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: POS Norton Internet Security PRO....please help....

My Ride
    firebird

Thumbs down POS Norton Internet Security PRO....please help....

Someone please help.....I just spent $140 on the NOrton Internet Security Pro and I am having problems:

1) Beyond looks all weird..... new thread screen is all messed up and I cannot see the top of the screen. I also cannot reply to my own thread or anything in the For Sale section.

2) I am still getting popups

3) My homepage keeps changing to this shitty stupid search engine that cannot find anything (See my other thread on the hompeage that keeps changing)

I thought Norton was supposed to prevent all this crap

WTH was the point of spending that kind of money on a program that has not fixed anything and has made doing anything on the internet worse . (Venting because my basement flooded out tonight )

Someone please help me before I start spamming Norton with hate mail on their crappy products.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

I hear you man...

I don't know what you can do but Norton screwed with my system files... it tried to delete system 32 and it totally messed windows up, i had to reinstall the entire system

Hope you figure things out

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

i bought norton, its an anti-virus....go into muy computer....i bet u have something that says ad agent pop ups or sumting, delete that, it should ask for a progam to be installed....try that

Originally posted by 04blackMAX
    i bought norton, its an anti-virus....go into muy computer....i bet u have something that says ad agent pop ups or sumting, delete that, it should ask for a progam to be installed....try that
    lol, Symantec don't only make an antivirus, buddy bought norton internet security which is their software firewall, its not a spyware remover etc. Norton Inet Sec. isn't going to fix your problems. What you need is something like spybot which just happens to be free. If spybot doesn't work for you, there are half a dozen other spyware removers that are downloadable.

Check www.download.com. also, to get more specific with the exact spyware you have on ur machine, do a google search for the homepage it keeps resetting ur IE to and see what other ppl have done to fix the problem.
    asdf