Quantcast
"Easy Up" Tents - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Easy Up" Tents

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Default "Easy Up" Tents

There is nothing I hate doing more then setting up a tent. It's not that I think its difficult or anything like that, its that I am motherfucking LAZY. Last thing I want to do after a 2-4 hour car ride is set some shit up.

This is why I decided that I am getting an "Easy Up" tent for this summer (if it ever decides to show up).

I've tried to look online for options but the only local store that carries tents and has their selection posted online is Canadian Tire (at least, that I know of).

They had a couple options on there but they all have the bottom of the tent exposed to the elements (Why the fuck!? Who thinks thats a good idea? "Yeah we'll just leave the bottom unprotected, no one will care"). If I'm going to have to set up a tarp, I figure I might as well just set up a damn tent. I want this to be extreme "vacation" laziness, cause if there's one thing I don't half-ass, its being a bum. If I have to do any work, then it defeats the whole purpose of buying an easy up tent.

Suggestions? Anyone have any experience with these types of tents?

Are you saying there's no bottom at all? we have one of those easy up tents from canadian tire and there's a bottom just like a normal tent, maybe you looked at those covered shelters for picnic tables They're really slick tents though, all you literally have to do is unfold the tent and pull up in the middle and the legs are permanently attached so you'll never lose any of them.
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I ment that the bottom of the tent itself isn't covered with that waterproof shell.

i do not think you are looking at tents. those are quick up shelters for time like when you are at at the park with the kid

Originally posted by rob the knob
    i do not think you are looking at tents. those are quick up shelters for time like when you are at at the park with the kid

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Got one as well, small 2-3 person one from ct, has a bottom on it just like any other tent, and sets up in like 30 seconds

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Check out Atmosphere. They probably have some better quality versions for you.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

oops... first double post in almost 3000 posts.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by rob the knob
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Notice how there isn't any canopy or cover protecting that thin ass nylon bullshit and anything that maybe touching it from the rain?

Unlike a regular tent like this:

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I missed this one that says no water canopy/tarp thing required...

I call bullshit. I'll tell them to let me open it in the fucking store and spray it with water.

Yeah that's because no serious campers would be caught dead in one of those things in a storm or in rain(Unless you want to spend a really rough night with a collapsed tent over your head)... I mean really if you want a decent tent buy a nice tent from MEC. Otherwise if you are really set on ease of use and not having to do much well there are car campers, motor homes, and 5th wheels.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

lol Im not a serious camper, but I can't afford basically another car for camping.

I'm not going into the wild in these things. Just regular campsites, if shit gets rough then I'll go to a car? I just want to buy a pop up tent that will hold up to the weather like a regular run-of-the-mill pole tent.

Nothing crazy.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Solution:

Buy an RV.

Originally posted by Stunt66
    Are you saying there's no bottom at all? we have one of those easy up tents from canadian tire and there's a bottom just like a normal tent, maybe you looked at those covered shelters for picnic tables They're really slick tents though, all you literally have to do is unfold the tent and pull up in the middle and the legs are permanently attached so you'll never lose any of them.
    same, i bought one on sale for half price last year. it can fit probably 2 queen size mattresses and a single. very awesome tent. it's the largest of my friends when we go camping and it sets up in about 60 seconds haha

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by dj_patm
    I missed this one that says no water canopy/tarp thing required...

I call bullshit. I'll tell them to let me open it in the fucking store and spray it with water.
    I bought this one. Its fucking slick. Takes literally two seconds to put up and the exterior beads water.

I drenched the outside with water, like completely soaked it, but the inside was perfectly dry. The only thing is that when you open the entrance when its wet, you have to be careful as the water can drip into the tent as it runs off the fabric but I'll just put a towel there and it'll be set.

Why does anyone buy any other type of tent??

Generally because the others are better.
    - EZ-UP tents are not as strong (think snow or winds). Hope you don't like eating tent during a small storm.
    - Regular tents pack into a smaller space
    - Lighter
    - Easy to replace a broken poll
    - And usually warmer and more weatherproof

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Notice how there isn't any canopy or cover protecting that thin ass nylon bullshit and anything that maybe touching it from the rain?

Any tent that has a mesh top is not a tent made for Canadian weather.

All the heat is lost through the top even with the fly on. I suggest getting a tent that does not have a mesh top and is instead solid. My current tent is solid and has an additional fly for extra protection. Never in 3 years have I been cold or wet and we are talking April 4 inches of snow type camping.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by BlackArcher101

Generally because the others are better.
    - EZ-UP tents are not as strong (think snow or winds). Hope you don't like eating tent during a small storm.
    - Regular tents pack into a smaller space
    - Lighter
    - Easy to replace a broken poll
    - And usually warmer and more weatherproof
    I was thinking compared to regular "run-of-the-mill" tents. This one seems much stronger then the ones my parents have. Poles are thicker and stiffer. It's roughly the same space when packed up...

The only thing I wish it had was a fly, cause even though its waterproof and what not, I still like the added protection... but I always bring a tarp anyways...

I bought this one. Its fucking slick. Takes literally two seconds to put up and the exterior beads water.

I drenched the outside with water, like completely soaked it, but the inside was perfectly dry. The only thing is that when you open the entrance when its wet, you have to be careful as the water can drip into the tent as it runs off the fabric but I'll just put a towel there and it'll be set.

typically they are not cold weather rated. When we go spring/fall camping our easy up tent is cold as shit and my buddies with good tents usually have their vents open and are sweating.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Ah well then. I guess only time will tell. Maybe I'm in such awe cause I've been slumming it in shitty tents my whole life lol.

I'm stoked about this thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast