Quantcast
I guess old people aren't so bad!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: I guess old people aren't so bad!!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default I guess old people aren't so bad!!

Well, after today, I don't think old people are that bad anymore!! haha, My previous notions of wanting to push them down a flight of steps has since today dissipated. As I was at the car wash today, I was spraying down my engine when this older gentleman comes up to me and starts asking about the displacement of my engine and what not. I tell him and he asks if I have nitros, and I'm like...no, but I am putting my turbo back in. So we chat for a bit and then he tells me that his truck is supercharged. And I'm thinking shut the fuck up, so I look over and his sonoma looks pretty good and he lifts up the hood and sure enough, he has a powerdyne super charger!! haha, He tells me that he's 65 and looking to just have fun cuz he's always wanted to have a street rod. The truck was in the WOW of last year. He's boosting 4 psi and the truck looks pretty clean. I told him about our meets and in the summer he said he might show up!! so if you see an old guy walking around looking at your cars, he's not a lost crazy old dude!! hahaha

And I told him to check out the website, but who am I kidding, some things will never change...old people and computers don't mix...he said so himself!!

Oh yah, and he mentioned the meets at willy's on macleod, and I said that they prolly make fun of all these imports and what not and I will say right here and now...it has been verified!!!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

See... the generations of today can mix with the generations of that past...

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Does it surprise you that old people love cars as much as we do? Or is it the mods? Car tuning isn't a new phenomenon, its just "popular" right now. As far back as the 20's car mods have been popular and cars in general have always had a huge following regardless of age.

I think someone posted a while back that he got his ass handed to him by a grandpa driving a Caddy DeVille. Its a nice luxury car, but its also got some nuts under the hood. Its a popular car for the older crowd because it satisfies their need for luxury, but when when needed, it can bury most cars on the road.

My 60+ cousin just put the Works kit on his Cooper S.

I think he uses it to pick up younger women! (40-ish)

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Default Re: I guess old people aren't so bad!!

Originally posted by LUDELVR
    haha, My previous notions of wanting to push them down a flight of steps has since today dissipated.
    But, that would still be be funny as fuck! j/k
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I think he was talking about the whole aftermarket tuning aspect. You don't expect to see too many grandpas getting superchargers installed on their cars :P
    BTW the next time you see him leo tell him to stop being a puss and up the boost!
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    I think he was talking about the whole aftermarket tuning aspect. You don't expect to see too many grandpas getting superchargers installed on their cars :P
    BTW the next time you see him leo tell him to stop being a puss and up the boost!
    haha, I told him that and he said that he would talk to davenport since they installed that supercharger!! But I was baffled when he told me how much he spent on the kit!!! And it was also funny cuz we were talking about those kids that do burnouts in the parkade and stuff and he's like "fucking retards!" hahaha

I bet he's the coolest gramps in the geriatric ward!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

now the biggest question leo.... how was his sugar momma?
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!