Quantcast
Delivery guy creates website to out bad tippers... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Delivery guy creates website to out bad tippers...

Default Delivery guy creates website to out bad tippers...

Article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...6686/comments/

Thanks to the power of the Internet, bad tippers may no longer be able to get away with leaving stingy gratuities.

Frustrated by some of the tips he’s received, Brooklyn designer and developer Larry Fox, who works as a restaurant delivery person as a side job, has created the blog 15 Percent to record the worst tipping offenses he and others have seen.

According to the web site Gothamist, the aim of Mr. Fox’s blog is to shame the miserly. In some entries, he even publishes customers’ first names and streets.

Accompanying a photo of a receipt showing a $1.55 tip on a $17.88 bill, for instance, is the text: “Eric at Olive St. Not even 10%.”

(In an entry over the weekend, Mr. Fox explained he has removed the actual addresses of individuals after being asked to do so by the hosting platform Tumblr.) “I am still going to be operating the site, and will still gladly shame companies and institutions by name,” he writes.

Mr. Fox told Gothamist he was irked by customers who, theoretically, have deep pockets but won’t share the wealth.

“I just got tired of all these big companies, these TV shows and movie sets giving us two or three dollar tips on a $90 order,” he said. “The excuse is that ‘we can't tip because that's what corporate says’ is wrong. I find it disrespectful. And I wanted to make people aware of that.”

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Here's a thought: get a real fucking job so you can be the guy ordering out.

I tip my delivery guy $3 for any order under $30, and $5 for any order under $50, etc. etc. If that's not enough you can pound sand.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

or he could get himself a real job...
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

That website's gonna look like a Chinese and Indian directory.

My Ride
    1993 skyline GTS-T

i do my job and i dont get tipped for it? why should a delivery person? thats there job..they get paid to deliver...weather it by hour or by km...they chose the job...and how do you become wealthy if u constantly throw away money like that...if i tipped 5 dollars every time i ordered food... that would add up to alot of money wasted in one year.. just my opinion...

What a whiny bitch. I hope he never receives another tip in his life. "Boo hoo, working a job that relies on the graciousness and beliefs of other people doesn't always provide me with a steady and plentiful income "

If you’re visiting a new country, it should be your responsibility to research the culture you are going in to. That includes proper tipping amounts, if there is any at all.
    Tip a MINIMUM of $5.00. There is no reason why somebody two blocks away who tips $5 to your 2 miles and $2 should tip better than you.
    They are taking a risk to deliver your lazy ass food.
    What a little slimeball. Who in their right mind would tip a little dbag who a) has a website dedicated to humiliating customers, and b) considers all his customers to be lazy asses.
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by r32skyline15
    i do my job and i dont get tipped for it? why should a delivery person? thats there job..they get paid to deliver...weather it by hour or by km...they chose the job...and how do you become wealthy if u constantly throw away money like that...if i tipped 5 dollars every time i ordered food... that would add up to alot of money wasted in one year.. just my opinion...
    I instinctively read that entire post with a chinese accent. Weird.

Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 05-02-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Heh. I used to tip all the time when I was a young lad, even when the service was crap, because I didn't want to look cheap. As I get older, unless the service is totally outstanding, I have no problem leaving the bare amount, or even nothing.

My Ride
    STi

If he has the time to constantly update a website, he has the time to find a better/real job.

My Ride
    Grimace

lolll
    Coffee
    I can only speak for the baristas out there, but I worked my way through undergrad as a barista and here’s the deal: $1 tip per drink is minimum. I grew up in the NW (Seattle/Portland) and when I moved out to the NE (Boston/NYC), I kept noticing that people don’t tip AT ALL??? I’m no longer in the service industry, but if I see you do this, I’m going to spill my latte on you and smile. Again, if you can’t afford the tip, don’t order your item.

if he's getting bad tips, he's probably a bad delivery boy. what a dick move to go posting people's personal info all over the internet, just becauze you suck at delivering pizzaq.

My Ride
    NC1

Wow lol

I think most people in the service industry can agree to this much, tips usually will balance out. One guy might leave you nothing and then you have another generous customer who will over tip.

This applies to tables and deliveries. I don't know what that dude's problem is. Creating the website, drawing all the attention is not cool. Does he have a commercial license for delivery and does he report 100% of his tips? He should really stfu!

Perhaps it should be like Hong Kong where 10% is automatically added to your bill. Or other countries where tipping isn't necessary and will run after you to give you your change back.

Personally I'm a 20% guy and I usually go to the same restaurants so in a way it's like paying to ensure good service since the servers remember you.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

I saw this posted on Gawker last week, and I think his Tumblr is stupid. But like a lot of posters stated there, he does have a point.

Delivery is different in NYC than in Calgary..you're not just driving from house to house..you're biking that food through heavy rain, brutal snowpocalypses and -10c in the winter to 28-33c++ weather in the summer (all with heavy humidity). If you're delivering to a walk up, the delivery guy generally has to walk up the 5 flights to get your food to you (sucks).

For me, my tip is based on the weather and how far the restaurant is from me - so base is about 10% +. A $20 pizza is going to get like $2ish from me (simple delivery), but $90 will get probably $10-$12 since it takes a lot more effort to assemble and try to bike it over in one piece.

And I think some people forget - you're PAYING for a service. If you don't want to to pay for it, go pickup the food yourself.

If I am paying $5 for delivery already, I dont see why I should tip anymore

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

It appears to me the site is more of an outlet for him. Its not like saying Resident X is a shitty tipper is going to stop places from delivering there, nor is a delivery driver going to check his site before making a delivery.

But in the end, the site makes the guy look like a bitch and is a lesson to be careful what you do on the internet
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I don't see what he's bitchin about, he must be a shitty delivery guy. I delivered pizza a couple years back in highschool. I made $8 an hour + tips and .25 cents per km I drove. I made awesome money usually worked out I was making $20-$25 an hour and my gas tank was always full.
    If someone didn't tip it'd even itself out after a couple of generous tippers.
    Ride like there's no tomorrow

ya pizza 73 already charges you a fee for delivery so keep the change

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

The whole tipping system is just a garbage excuse for business owners to pay their employees to work for minimum wage, yet work like they're being paid a reasonable amount.

My Ride
    Horse

For me to tip the service does not have to be outstanding but my order needs to be correct, attentive staff (drink refills etc) and timely service. Anything under that gets nothing, if they go over that without being annoying they get more.

I agree though if I am already paying for you to deliver my food then what have you done to make me want to give you more money. That being said if the guy is a good guy and friendly I will reward him for that.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast