Quantcast
Delivery guy creates website to out bad tippers... - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Delivery guy creates website to out bad tippers...

Yeah, but Vegas is mental. #2 isn't tipping, but the rest seem like they could be optional. Do you really *need* to have the guy open the door for you?

I also don't tip at fast food places, tow truck drivers, or that sort of thing. For food/drink/barber, it's a great way to ensure you're top priority.

Originally posted by calgary403

I did not contradict myself. I never once said the no tip table would have had sub par service. But for the other 9 I would be focusing more of my attention. That does not mean by any means I am giving shitty service to that one table.

Also I was not asking for fucking sympathy when I explained about the automatic gratuity. You should go back and re-read my post. It was in response to someone asking why it would even be added.

In the restaurant where I worked adding the gratuity was a personal choice of the server (for large parties) I almost never added the gratuity because I found I got tipped more without it.

Next time you reply to one of my posts do me a favor and understand what I'm saying before you make yourself look like more of an ass.
    Maybe I did misinterpret your post but please also try and see where I am coming from. Maybe you are one of the few great servers who could handle that kind of load but in my experience when a server is paying extra attention to those tables they feel or know will give them a good tip the other tables generally don't get the service they should be getting. You may think they are but I doubt they do.

I completely understand the reasoning behind it. Who wouldn't. Give better service to those who you think will give you more money.

My comments were not meant to be a direct attack at you but more of a generalization on the belief that tip out is the reason for the auto gratuity. I just completely disagree that tip out is the reason for restaurants automatically adding it to large party's. Tip out was around way before restaurants starting adding that gratuity to the bill and never was an issue with any of the servers I knew so to use it as an excuse to add 18% no matter what seems very wrong.

You seemed to be very adamant about your position and your post sounded kind of whiny about the 3% tip out so I fired back. If that makes me look like an ass so be it.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
    i usually tip around 10% to 20% however what really pisses me off is all the tipping you have to do when you go to las vegas. It is almost like you have to have 20 $1's on you which will last the first hour or so lol.

ex:

1) leaving airport, you stand in a line where a guy hails cabs. opens the door for you $1
    2) cab drops you off at your hotel. $5-$10 for the ride
    3) hotel guy opens your door. $1
    4) you check into your hotel room, tip the lady $5-$10
    5) they bring your bags up to you $2

it gets to a point where it is pretty much rediculous to go anywhere. EVERYONE wants a tip for doing the most non useful remedial tasks. OH, and don't get me started on the "tipping" structure in the gentlemen's clubs
    Just have to try and do everything yourself. I never use the bell service in Vegas since I don't have a lot of bags.

I had a cabbie in Vegas get mad at me for giving him an .80 tip on a $7.20 fare. It was half a Vegas block and about 5 minutes time with no bags.

Yeah the Gentlemen Club's are well oiled machines in separating you and your money.

My Ride
    1996 del sol

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    X3 for California service. Never had better, more consistent, restaurant or retail service in my life. It was all Mexicans at the outlet malls and they were some of the most helpful employee's I've dealt with. No Mexicans at the restaurants I happened to go to but service was top notch regardless of who was helping me.
    mexican or not. cali has the best customer service by far. when i was down there i couldnt believe how gr8 it was. makes you not wanna tip when you get back

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by 4bier
    mexican or not. cali has the best customer service by far. when i was down there i couldnt believe how gr8 it was. makes you not wanna tip when you get back
    i felt the exact same way when i went to Hawaii. there wasn't one place or restaurant that we went to with bad or mediocre service. every server was nice and attentive. always had our drinks refilled and plates cleared quickly. even the IHOP had great service!

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by SOAB

and plates cleared quickly
    A little off topic, but I'm curious why it matters how quickly your plates dissapear. I'm not even sure I'd care if the plates were there till I left. Not like I'm gonna put my hand on the table after I'm done eating. That's spillage territory.

My Ride
    Model S

maybe I forget how bad calgary is, but service in california seems like nothing special to me

There is good and bad, like anywhere. Mexicans vendors are really friendly though. And the home depot parking lot is a great source of labor

Originally posted by Feruk

A little off topic, but I'm curious why it matters how quickly your plates dissapear. I'm not even sure I'd care if the plates were there till I left. Not like I'm gonna put my hand on the table after I'm done eating. That's spillage territory.
    Some of us like to sit around for awhile and have a coffee and talk... and most of us who are proficient with utensils don't worry about "spillage"
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    G6

You drink your drinks with utencils?

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

I remember when it was customary to tip for service. You tip your delivery driver, or the server at the restaurant you ate at, or the porter who took your bags to your hotel room for you.

I don't quite remember when it became customary to tip for "I'll have a coffee, please" but I know I rejected the idea then and I reject it now. I have never had the barista at Starbucks or the people at Booster Juice come to my table in a food court and say "Was the food/drink okay? Anything else we could get for you?" as a server does.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by Feruk

so you never chill at a restaurant for a bit, have a coffee after dinner, some chit chat?

a good server would wipe up the table if there was obvious spillage as well.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7