Quantcast
Mobilicity - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mobilicity

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Really giving mobilicity a look right now, pretty much unlimited everything for $55/month + taxes which drops down to $35.75 if you pay up front.

http://mobilicity.ca/plans/

Also looks like they are having a sale this Friday night for the same plan at $40/month:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mobil...hones-1068340/
    Go Flames!

My Ride
    99 1.6 EL

How's the coverage now? Are people still being cut off when they go into people's basements?

They're $25 back to school plan sounds tempting.

If the data package isn't the much of your concern, Chatr wireless is another option. It's another rogers child brand to compete with Wind and Mobilicity but voice quality and service wise, i've been very happy with them.
    another note to the chatr wireless is that since Chatr wireless is part of Rogers network, i was able to use my old rogers locked phone with chatr simcard in without any issue.

at the moment, they are offering the service $25/$35 local/canadawide unlimited voice plan

My Ride
    Honda Accord

So I signed up for the $40 unlimited everything plan last week, and got an HTC panache for $200 ($200 off + $100 android credit). Pretty happy with the phone / mobilicity at the moment.

Still on contract with Rogers for another month so I'm only using data at the moment, but so far it's been very good. Get a pretty constant 2mbps down / 1mbps up (speedtest app) around the house / most parts of the city.

Worse reception I got was 1 bar at the parking garage where I work but it still let some data through 0.2mbps down / 0.05mbps up, and I could still make phone calls. YMMV though.

Thinking of downgrading to the $25/month plan, don't really call enough numbers outside of calgary or use global text messaging to justify a 60% higher bill.
    Last edited by bball2; 08-19-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Go Flames!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by culebra
    If the data package isn't the much of your concern, Chatr wireless is another option. It's another rogers child brand to compete with Wind and Mobilicity but voice quality and service wise, i've been very happy with them.
    another note to the chatr wireless is that since Chatr wireless is part of Rogers network, i was able to use my old rogers locked phone with chatr simcard in without any issue.

at the moment, they are offering the service $25/$35 local/canadawide unlimited voice plan
    Chatr Now offer 100mb of data with $45 plan.

$25 unlimited everything plan is nice.

Are there any peeps in the SE SW using this network?

I'd love get some reviews from folks...

using mobilicity now, and have had good luck thus far

reception is decent, even downtown, only occasional drop-outs, but nothing more then with bell

it's not as clear of reception as bell was, but acceptable

i purchased a phone that came pre-packaged, and included 3 months free (unlimited text and talk + voice mail + caller id), and since no contracts, i get to choose any plan from that point onward

i also go the internet stick to replace my bell stick, for my work laptop, which i need to be mobile....coverage has been fine, no dead spots in the NW or downtown (yet)....seems as fast as my "so called bell high speed) was

once my free 3 months phone is up, then i'm going to merge the 2 plans, which i can get unlimited for both, at only $40 month
    "Drive your business, let not your business drive you" ~ Benjamin Franklin

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Tempting....any NW folks have a take on Mobilicity, or is WIND the better way to go?

The $40 Ultimate Unlimited Plan
    Guaranteed rate for life.

For a limited time, get our $45 Unlimited Plan plus our $10 Unlimited Data Add-on for just $40 a month.

The plan includes:

Unlimited Data
    Unlimited Long Distance to Canada & the U.S.
    Unlimited Global Text Messaging
    Unlimited Local Calling
    Unlimited Text & Picture Messaging
    Call Waiting
    Call Forwarding
    3-Way Calling
    Voicemail + Caller I.D.

I don't work for any cell phone provider.
    I have both Moblicity and Wind. With my experience Wind's coverage is far superior to Mobilicity's. I think the customer service for Wind is better as well. The nice thing about Mobilicity is that the plans are simple. There is no need to constantly chase promo plans like you do with Wind.

My Ride
    FoST

The plans are great but not much options when it comes down to choosing the phone. I'm tempted to go with mobilicity since they still have their promotion going on but should I wait for better phones to come out or just go with it? What would be the best phone for mobilicity?

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Pretty good deal going on with Mobilicity right now for those considering a switch. Thoughts?

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    V167

That $40 plan is very enticing. My major deal is that 90% of my calls are to the states, having them unlimited is wicked. Seems like Mobilicity also has 20c roaming in the USA

Can anyone from the deep SW (Evergreen area or anywhere nearby) comment on the service with Mobilicity?

Originally posted by sneek
    I don't work for any cell phone provider.
    I have both Moblicity and Wind. With my experience Wind's coverage is far superior to Mobilicity's. I think the customer service for Wind is better as well. The nice thing about Mobilicity is that the plans are simple. There is no need to constantly chase promo plans like you do with Wind.
    I found Wind's coverage horrid so if you say Moblicity is worse that's not too reassuring

My Ride
    V167

I just switched to Mobilicity. Traded in my 10 year old LG POS that I was using for simple voice calls, thats all I've been using since I moved back to Canada haha.

I went to Express Computer @ Southland Crossing to do it. Lady named Gladys works there and was very very helpful. Let her know you are from Beyond, she knows about the site. She was very helpful with any questions I had, and explained every step of the process very nicely.

You don't even need to print out that coupon above if you are trading in, they have a huge pile of them in store.

Also, with the $40/unlimited everything deal, if you register your card for automatic payments you get an extra $2 off per month. So total, with taxes and all that shit...you will pay $40 exact. And with $20 credit coming back each month that makes the deal even sweeter.

I picked up an Android smartphone and am very happy so far. Finally I can keep in touch with all of my american contacts + friends without having to worry about anything.

btw: Fuk telus.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

New 50% off all plans promo is now on...

Think I'm gonna go for the $12.50 plan and add $5 for unlimited data at $17.50/month...can't really go wrong with that.

https://mobilicity.ca/50-off-for-the-holidays/

IIRC the 50% off deal is only on first year of the plan

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by CKY
    IIRC the 50% off deal is only on first year of the plan
    No contract or anything still though, so you can always re-negotiated (to stay, with current special rate) in 1 year's time. Mobilicity from what I've heard are pretty lenient with this kind of stuff.

My Ride
    V167

I'm like 3 weeks in. Very very happy. I lost signal ONCE in Chinook underground I think it was. Other than that, no issues at all. Its like $20/mth for me, with 99% of my calls goin to USA its wicked.

Probably going to switch my parents over as well because Telus pay-as-go is bullshit even for their occasional use of phone.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Just a heads up, they also have Black Friday on phones:

http://mobilicity.ca/black-friday-blowout/

If they do a Cyber Monday I'll have to try them.

Wind was terrible in Somerset area. No signal inside my house (forget about the basement).

Even with a ECF on my Telus line I will still save money over the next year with the 50% offer. Contracts are for suckers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast