Quantcast
Teacher Mocks Muslim Student: “I Heard About Your Uncle” - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Teacher Mocks Muslim Student: “I Heard About Your Uncle”

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Originally posted by badatusrnames

Come on, really? That type of ignorance and generalization on your part is the same type as this teachers'.

This guy is in the minority, and ignorance comes in all colors on this continent.

Just wow, what the fuck is wrong with you? You spew some utter shit sometimes. This board is full of white North Americans, do you hear everyone on here making the same type of statements? How come this is the only widely publicized news story of this type if this is the mindset of all white North Americans?
    yes as Cos said I am white.

Just out of curiosity, if this is an over generalization (which I agree it is) why do I always get verballed on here for supporting muslims, why every time I call someone on making a racist comment do people get pissed at me?

if you google different racial slurs with beyond.ca as the domain you'll get hundreds of threads where racial slurs were "acceptable" to use on here, seems kinda high and mighty to claim I'm the asshole for merely pointing out our ignorance.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by visualk
    Interesting you note how hard your group works at inviting peace and tolerance towards diversity in North America was this just recently? As I see it, what your group has done to the aboriginals it does not accomodate to what you speak of. As indicated in a CBC article regarding this matter:

The Canadian government developed a policy called "aggressive assimilation" to be taught at church-run, government-funded industrial schools, later called residential schools. The government felt children were easier to mould than adults, and the concept of a boarding school was the best way to prepare them for life in mainstream society.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...l-schools.html
    Oh my fuck, please let's not start this.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

Interesting you note how hard your group works at inviting peace and tolerance towards diversity in North America was this just recently? As I see it, what your group has done to the aboriginals it does not accomodate to what you speak of. As indicated in a CBC article regarding this matter:

The Canadian government developed a policy called "aggressive assimilation" to be taught at church-run, government-funded industrial schools, later called residential schools. The government felt children were easier to mould than adults, and the concept of a boarding school was the best way to prepare them for life in mainstream society.

You know the worst part about your post? Every person of a minority I have talked to about racism brings this up as their number one point... white people are the most racist group out there... HOWEVER the Canadian government has addressed this mistake and is trying to make amends for it. I am from metis heritage and personally believe the canadian government should not do anything else to help out the native population, at some point you have to say enough is enough, and the continual handouts is doing nothing but degrade the native population further by instilling a very complacent mindset.

Now, do you remember a small incident called the Rwandan Genocide (that just so happened to have taken place MUCH more recently) where and estimated 800,000 Tutsi's were murdered? not to mention the rape and pillaging that also took place... Now tell me what is being done for the Tutsi as reparation for what has happened? I'll help you... NOT A THING!

Ethnic cleansing has happened in Iraq, Yugoslavia, Kosovo, India, Sudan, Israel etc...

However no reparations are being made to any of the victims.

So for brown, Muslim, Punjab, whatever religion you may be to say the White North American is more racist than any other race, please take a look at your own peoples history and tell me they did not do something very similar. Only difference is, we are trying to make reparation for what oppression our past generations have put on other cultures.

Not to mention Canada is the most accepting place for a minority group... But do you know what I find? those minority groups ask and whine and complain that their religious rights are not being heard! or recognized and that our traditions as Canadian's are oppressing them... Instead of Merry Christmas we now must say "Happy Holidays", No longer allowed Christmas Tree's in public places, SAIT has a foot wash station IN the bathroom... These are just a few examples. Worst part is? if the government does not bend over backwards to accommodate these minorities then the racists card IMMEDIATELY gets thrown around.

I am all for immigration however I believe if you come to our country you abide by our way of life or get out. Other countries would not be so tolerant of use White North Americans asking for the same treatment within their borders.
    Last edited by vengie; 05-05-2011 at 01:45 PM.

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

is someone actually implying that all people of white color are racist?

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Most white people are so afraid that something they say might be construed as racist that they go out of their way to ensure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it isn't.
    -James

My Ride
    anything that comes along

And this is all White North-Americans faults how? If we are going to go by this same mentality then I should start calling out people for atrocities that have occurred in places they have cultural heritage too?

It's humorous when I hear about supposed racism from people who are second generation or beyond Canadian of non-European heritage because I have a feeling these people actually have no experience of real racism. As it stands only White/Spanish European Heritage nations have opened up to non-indigenous ethic immigration well the rest of the world including Asia still hold heavily onto racial monogamy. I don't know what else people want here.
    Last edited by derpderp; 05-05-2011 at 05:40 PM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by desi112
    I know hey? Funny that someone brought up the res schools. Don't worry, we're paying for that now too - as we should.

To the guy who brought it up, does your group accommodate foreign tradition to the degree that Canadians do? That's rhetorical.

Everyone has a prejudgment based on their experience (or as sociologists say, social construction). Anyone denying that is lying; white, brown, black, or otherwise. The difference is whether or not the person works to get around it like much of our generation does.

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    Most white people are so afraid that something they say might be construed as racist that they go out of their way to ensure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it isn't.
    Pretty much the thesis of my point.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by desi112
    Obviously we are. That's why there's a big "WHITE'S ONLY" sign in the immigration offices, not that there needs to be, since we only let white people set foot in the country anyways. I mean it isn't like we welcome other ethnicities with open arms, and support them while they integrate into our white only society. Man, could you even imagine if we not only let non-whites into the country, but actually voted a non-white into any form of government?

All white hell would break loose!

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by CUG
    Pretty much the thesis of my point.
    If your post had a "Like" button, I would have worn my left-click button out by now.
    -James

My Ride

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Obviously we are. That's why there's a big "WHITE'S ONLY" sign in the immigration offices, not that there needs to be, since we only let white people set foot in the country anyways. I mean it isn't like we welcome other ethnicities with open arms, and support them while they integrate into our white only society. Man, could you even imagine if we not only let non-whites into the country, but actually voted a non-white into any form of government?

All white hell would break loose!

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    If your post had a "Like" button, I would have worn my left-click button out by now.
    If you had a like button, well, we'd be on our honeymoon.

But you're not a chick.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

Ok, hold on here.. I have to add something.

I am part Jap. If I hear someone saying racial slurs and hate-sayings or whatever, I don't get these extreme emotional responses that some people seem to get.

Seriously, WHY do people take things so seriously?!?

Can no one laugh anymore? I heard all the jokes about the japan tsunami, and seriously, I can take a joke. Clever sayings are just that. Clever, or stupid, but who gives a shit! the world would be a way better place if people stopped being so pansy and wiped the sand out of their Vag's and grew a pair.

I wanted to add something else. I do understand that some people say racial slurs to TRY to hurt others feelings...but really, there will ALWAYS be something for people to be isolated about. If all people died except for white people, then white people would hate gingers.....wait...lol...or some other minority.
    Last edited by se7en; 05-05-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

while they DO NOT integrate into our white only society.
    just sayin'

My Ride

Originally posted by se7en

I am part Jap. If I hear someone saying racial slurs and hate-sayings or whatever, I don't get these extreme emotional responses that some people seem to get.

Seriously, WHY do people take things so seriously?!?

Can no one laugh anymore? I heard all the jokes about the japan tsunami, and seriously, I can take a joke. Clever sayings are just that. Clever, or stupid, but who gives a shit! the world would be a way better place if people stopped being so pansy and wiped the sand out of their Vag's and grew a pair.

I wanted to add something else. I do understand that some people say racial slurs to TRY to hurt others feelings...but really, there will ALWAYS be something for people to be isolated about. If all people died except for white people, then white people would hate gingers.....wait...lol...or some other minority.
    Before non-European immigration was permitted North Americans hated on Italian immigrants real harsh, little Itay's were pretty much the Italian ghettos.
    Europeans still seem to hate Slavs quite a bit.

Edit: Let's not forget the Jews.
    Last edited by derpderp; 05-06-2011 at 07:56 AM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by se7en

If someone's losing their wig while screaming racial obscenities, I laugh at them too. It's social suicide to behave in that manner. Read the article more, it describes the context in which the teacher said it, and his seemingly happy response to hearing the student was crying afterwards. That environment isn't one where that kind of cruelty would be tolerated. The school board agreed with it and suspended the loser.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Interesting you note how hard your group works at inviting peace and tolerance towards diversity in North America was this just recently? As I see it, what your group has done to the aboriginals it does not accommodate to what you speak of. As indicated in a CBC article regarding this matter:

blah blah blah..
    Want to know the fastest way to manufacture resentment towards an ethnic group? Have said ethnic group keep rubbing our noses in the mistakes of our forefathers instead of realizing that yes, we have already learned the lesson.

There is a lot of sore wounds on both sides of the NA Aboriginal issues, and poking a stick into them doesn't help anything at all.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Hello, 100+ years ago called, they want their argument back.

Wake up and see what's happening all around you (and has been for decades at this point).

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by A790

Hello, 100+ years ago called,
    When they called, did you warn them? Good lord I hope you told them about all the disasters that were coming. Think of the children, would someone please think of the children!?!

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    NOYB.

Originally posted by codetrap

When they called, did you warn them? Good lord I hope you told them about all the disasters that were coming. Think of the children, would someone please think of the children!?!
    Another xkcd reader?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast