Quantcast
Teacher Mocks Muslim Student: “I Heard About Your Uncle” - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Teacher Mocks Muslim Student: “I Heard About Your Uncle”

Default Teacher Mocks Muslim Student: “I Heard About Your Uncle”

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The death of Osama bin Laden is related to an investigation of a teacher at Clear Brook High School. The teacher is accused of making a racially insensitive comment to a student in front of the entire class.

Related Content
    MORE: Got a story idea? Let us know!
    A Friendswood mom says she was offended by what her daughter says happened Monday in ninth grade algebra.
    She said, "The teacher told the student that 'I bet you're grieving.' And she basically looked at him and said what are you talking about? And he said I heard about your uncle's death and she said wow, because she understood that he was referring about Osama bin Laden being killed and was racially profiling her."

The remark was made to a classmate, an American-born girl of Muslim faith. It happened at Clear Brook High School in the Clear Creek Independent School District. The mom wanted to speak out about the incident but wanted us to protect her identity, saying she doesn't want any retaliation against her daughter or the girl who experienced the inappropriate comment.

The mother said, "The student ended up crying over what was said to her by the teacher and the teacher asked her why she was crying and another student said it was because of what you said earlier. And his response was, oh, OK, and just kind of smirked and giggled and walked away."

The Clear Creek school district was quick to respond, confirming what was said and issuing a prepared statement.

"In the Clear Creek Independent School District, we believe diversity strengthens our community and seek opportunities to celebrate the different cultures within our schools and neighborhoods. The sentiments allegedly shared by this teacher are not reflective of the staff at Clear Brook High School or anyone within the Clear Creek Independent School District. In accordance with CCISD policy, the teacher has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of a personnel investigation.
    The student did the right thing and immediately notified an adult regarding the teachers' comments. The principal at Clear Brook High School notified the child's parents and has been in communication with the family." -Elaina Polsen, Director of Public Information, Clear Creek Independent School District

The Islamic Society of Greater Houston agrees with the action, saying they believe the incident is isolated. The group does not call for any further response.

"A lot of people are ignorant in the world, and so you just have to ignore them," suggested Dr. Aziz Siddiqui with the Islamic Society of Greater Houston.

Meanwhile, the Friendswood mom read a text she received from the girl.

She read, "Make it a lesson learned about how the world is going through stuff and he needs to watch what he says and so do others because Osama does not represent the whole Muslim faith."

The mom says that the girl remains in class and she is grateful that her classmates stuck up for her.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Props to her class mates.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by CUG
    Props to her class mates.
    Indeed. That wasn't super extreme...but seriously how can an adult be so ignorant...

At least the The Islamic Society of Greater Houston isn't like the Jewish League, and believes this is an isolated incident.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by ekguy

Indeed. That wasn't super extreme...but seriously how can an adult be so ignorant...
    Wildly ignorant and insensitive for a teach, no less. I'd be in there telling him his cousin got arrested every time a preacher got pinched for being a pedo.

wow, yet again another example of the ignorance of the white north American population.

Originally posted by CUG
    Wildly ignorant and insensitive for a teach, no less. I'd be in there telling him his cousin got arrested every time a preacher got pinched for being a pedo.
    Let's be honest, how many teachers in your school career were WELL under qualified to teach.

I had many teachers who had no business passing on any thing. Let alone knowledge.

Originally posted by J-hop
    wow, yet again another example of the ignorance of the white north American population.
    He represents white north American population about as well as she represents Osama Bin Laden's niece.
    BOOOOOya!!!

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Come on, really? That type of ignorance and generalization on your part is the same type as this teachers'.

This guy is in the minority, and ignorance comes in all colors on this continent.

Just wow, what the fuck is wrong with you? You spew some utter shit sometimes. This board is full of white North Americans, do you hear everyone on here making the same type of statements? How come this is the only widely publicized news story of this type if this is the mindset of all white North Americans?
    Last edited by badatusrnames; 05-04-2011 at 11:13 PM.

I got at least 6 text messages asking me various spins on this.

Someone asks me if I went to the funeral of my uncle. As it turns out a good friend of mines funeral was on Saturday.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I don't think anyone here would find that appropriate, hopefully that teacher is fired and never teaches again!

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Hi, white guy here,

I feel it is my duty on behalf of whites everywhere to explain to you that we, on our own volition, work much harder than most any other group to understand others, educate ourselves on foreign traditions, accept the change that comes with it, and promote the idea of peace and tolerance towards diversity in North America.

I have yet to encounter any other group that has been working as hard to eliminate its own ethnocentrism than white north Americans. I absolutely cannot say the same for any other groups I've observed. This is because we're burdened with a phenomenon called "white guilt", and acting in our own self interest is immediately labeled as "protecting white privilege".

While there is places you'd be met with imprisonment and death for exhibiting any sort of vocal non-compliance or disrespect to a nations idea of proper governance, we here in north America work to amend oppressive laws and accommodate as many different ethnic groups as possible. Here, one's own traditions, by and large, take precedence over what we observe as Canadian tradition.

In closing, good sir, while you wouldn't want us labeling every brown-skinned individual as an Islamic extremist because of the few who are, I'd ask that you extend us the same courtesy by not ascribing to us the characteristics of an angry and unintelligent racist dimwit from Houston.

Not knowing how much more you want from us,

-White guy who appreciates diversity.
    Last edited by CUG; 05-05-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Go fuck yourself you shit bag inbred racist.

He's white.

Originally posted by CUG
    Hi, white guy here,

I feel it is my duty on behalf of whites everywhere to explain to you that we, on our own volition, work much harder than most any other group to understand others, educate ourselves on foreign traditions, accept the change that comes with it, and promote the idea of peace and tolerance towards diversity in North America.

I have yet to encounter any other group that has been working as hard to eliminate its own ethnocentrism than white north Americans. I absolutely cannot say the same for any other groups I've observed. This is because we're burdened with a phenomenon called "white guilt", and acting in our own self interest is immediately labeled as "protecting white privilege".

While there is places you'd be met with imprisonment and death for exhibiting any sort of vocal non-compliance or disrespect to a nations idea of proper governance, we here in north America work to amend oppressive laws and accommodate as many different ethnic groups as possible. Here, one's own traditions, by and large, take precedence over what we observe as Canadian tradition.

In closing, good sir, while you wouldn't want us labeling every brown-skinned individual as an Islamic extremist because of the few who are, I'd ask that you extend us the same courtesy by not ascribing to us the characteristics of an angry and unintelligent racist dimwit from Houston.

Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 04:05 PM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Cos
    He's white.

Further proving my point.

I don't think it was ignorant, because that would imply that the teacher didn't know any better. It seems like the teacher was just being a racist prick.

Man, if only everyone responded to incidents like this all the time (as in realize that the other person was clearly an ignorant asshole but not retaliate any further, as opposed to a full out counter-attack), then we MIGHT have hope of one day eliminating prejudice and racism

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Is it racist that I loled? People take life too seriously...

Happened in Southern USA - it's like theft happening in Forest Lawn.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Interesting you note how hard your group works at inviting peace and tolerance towards diversity in North America was this just recently? As I see it, what your group has done to the aboriginals it does not accomodate to what you speak of. As indicated in a CBC article regarding this matter:

The Canadian government developed a policy called "aggressive assimilation" to be taught at church-run, government-funded industrial schools, later called residential schools. The government felt children were easier to mould than adults, and the concept of a boarding school was the best way to prepare them for life in mainstream society.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...l-schools.html

Originally posted by CUG
    Hi, white guy here,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast