Quantcast
May 21st - end of the world (not 2012) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: May 21st - end of the world (not 2012)

Default May 21st - end of the world (not 2012)

http://www.familyradio.com/facts/

Crazy Bible thumping end-timers minterpriting the poor book, which was written for man by man as a guide for faith.

These asshats cause cause hysteria, aniety and panic amongs those "believers" who approach Christianity with narrow minded ignorance - who happen to be a large majority of so called Christians.

Default Re: May 21st - end of the world (not 2012)

Originally posted by Psycho Christian People
    What if May 21 ends and nothing occurs?

The Biblical evidence is too overwhelming and specific to be wrong. Christ's people can look with great confidence to this date because God promises His "beloved" He will not come upon them as a thief in the night.

God in His mercy has revealed the vital information needed to know the day. Judgment Day on May 21, 2011 will occur because the bible declares it. Anyone whom God has not saved will arrive at that day with no hope for salvation. God warns simply the "door will be shut."
    Well then, bring on the hookers and blow!

My Ride
    GTI

Religious Differences on the Question of Evolution (United States)
    Percentage who agree that evolution is the best explanation for the origin of human life on earth
    Source: Pew Forum[10]

Buddhist
     81%

Hindu
     80%

Jewish
     77%

Unaffiliated
     72%

Catholic
     58%

Orthodox
     54%

Mainline Protestant
     51%

Muslim
     45%

Hist. Black Protest.
     38%

Evang. Protestant
     24%

Mormon
     22%

Jehovah's Witness
     8%

Total U.S. population

48%

Doesn't sound like the majority of Christians are crazy Christians.

My Ride
    This and that.

Fuck I m screwed then. I might as well stop beating my ass over this exam that I have been studying for 2 months now. It's on Tuesday but fuck that, now I don't have to go.

Default Re: May 21st - end of the world (not 2012)

Originally posted by r3ccOs
    http://www.familyradio.com/facts/

Crazy Bible thumping end-timers minterpriting the poor book, which was written for man by man as a guide for faith.

These asshats cause cause hysteria, aniety and panic amongs those "believers" who approach Christianity with narrow minded ignorance - who happen to be a large majority of so called Christians.
    Damn it my flight to Montreal was on the 22nd. Better cancel the flight and hotel.
    BOOOOOya!!!

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I found this part of that website particularly of great humor value:

What is Family Radio specifically doing to warn the World?

Family Stations, Inc. broadcasts internationally in more than sixty-one different languages. Its programming can also be seen and heard worldwide on the Internet. Numerous billboards have been placed throughout the world warning of Judgment Day. While teams of volunteers carry literature concerning May 21 to many foreign countries. On top of this teams of RV caravans have been sent throughout the US to deliver this great message.

Crazy Christians + Recreational Vehicles = THE END OF THE WORLLLLLDDDD
    Geek

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Has anyone seen the billboard on 42nd ave just west of blackfoot?

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

I want to see their website on the 22nd
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

It says judgement day is the 21st of may and the end of the world is october 21st, the time.in between then is supposed to be pure chaos. If i cant play BF3 in november ill do it irl, cans of puritan stew and shotguns are all i need, lets hope the end of the world is in form of zombie apocalypse, cause at least half of the western world already has loads of experience on how to deal with it. #toomanyzombiegames

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by n1zm0
    It says judgement day is the 21st of may and the end of the world is october 21st, the time.in between then is supposed to be pure chaos. If i cant play BF3 in november ill do it irl, cans of puritan stew and shotguns are all i need, lets hope the end of the world is in form of zombie apocalypse, cause at least half of the western world already has loads of experience on how to deal with it. #toomanyzombiegames
    +1!

Yes, many major religions have an end date Armageddon.

I think it will just be a scientific experiment gone awry. Someone will create an unstopple black hole - or they will invent cold fusion and then unleash it into the ocean. Nice quick and blink of an eye type of way to go.

I really don't buy into the idea of four horsemen coming down and lobbing the heads off people.

Sieze the day!
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by ZenOps

I really don't buy into the idea of four horsemen coming down and lobbing the heads off people.
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

<_< >_>
    Geek

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by n1zm0
    +2 haha. Already have a bunch of shotguns and rifles at home too. Plus plenty of ammo. Hahah love living in a house with a hunter hehe.

I think beyond should have a rally point if zombie apocalypse happens haha. Let's say Ferrari dealership everyone????

lol

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I've been waiting for something exciting to happen.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    anything that comes along

How does the Harper government tie into all this?

My Ride
    G6

The website says that it's based on Harold Camping's interpretation of the bible. My favorite quote:
    Didn't Harold Camping say that the world would end in 1994?
    It says there will be a massive earthquake on May 21st. Marked in my calendar. Anyone remember "boobquake" last year?

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Originally posted by Feruk
    The website says that it's based on Harold Camping's interpretation of the bible. My favorite quote:

It says there will be a massive earthquake on May 21st. Marked in my calendar. Anyone remember &quot;boobquake&quot; last year?
    Don't forget this gem

What about all those in the past who predicted Jesus would come in their day?

Many religious groups and individuals throughout history have predicted Jesus' return, but they were always wrong. No theologian, no matter how learned or intelligent, could know the day because God had not revealed it. The scriptural evidence needed to know the exact day could not be known before 1988, the year the 'Church age' ended. The Bible indicates prior to this year that date could not be known.
    Remembering, of course, that after 1988, this assclown predicted 1994 being the date, as Feruk quoted...
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...vBiG_blog.html

Science explains the end of the world

Q. Family Radio evangelist Harold Camping believes that he has calculated the exact date of the rapture: May 21, 2011. While many are laughing at the suggestion, Camping’s followers are taking him seriously, bringing his message of impending doom to billboards and public spaces around the country. What does your tradition teach about the end of the world? How does end time theology impact real world behavior?

A. Why is a serious newspaper like the Washington Post giving space to a raving loon? I suppose the answer must be that, unlike the average loon, this one has managed to raise enough money to launch a radio station and pay for billboards. I don’t know where he gets the money, but it would be no surprise to discover that it is contributed by gullible followers – gullible enough, we may guess, to go along with him when he will inevitably explain, on May 22nd, that there must have been some error in the calculation, the rapture is postponed to . . . and please send more money to pay for updated billboards.

So, the question becomes, why are there so many well-heeled, gullible idiots out there? Why is it that an idea can be as nuts as you like and still con enough backers to finance its advertising to acquire yet more backers . . . until eventually a national newspaper notices and makes it into a silly season filler?

I won’t waste any more time on that, but I do want to mention a less trivial point arising from the question posed by the Washington Post: ‘What does your tradition teach about the end of the world?’ It’s that word ‘tradition’ that should raise our critical hackles. It refers to a collection of beliefs handed down through generations – as opposed to beliefs founded on evidence. Evidence-free beliefs are, by definition, groundless. What my ‘tradition’ (or your ‘tradition’ or the Dalai Lama’s ‘tradition’ or Osama bin Laden’s ‘tradition’ or the bad-trip ‘tradition’ of whoever wrote Revelation) says about anything in the real world (including its end) is no more likely to be true than any urban legend, idle rumor, superstition, or science fiction novel. Yet, the moment you slap the word ‘tradition’ onto a made-up story you confer on it a spurious dignity, which we are solemnly asked to ‘respect’.

Science is not a tradition, it is the organized use of evidence from the real world to make inferences about the real world – meaning the real universe, which is, in Carl Sagan’s words, all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. Science knows approximately how, and when, our Earth will end. In about five billion years the sun will run out of hydrogen, which will upset its self-regulating equilibrium; in its death-throes it will swell, and this planet will vaporise. Before that, we can expect, at unpredictable intervals measured in tens of millions of years, bombardment by dangerously large meteors or comets. Any one of these impacts could be catastrophic enough to destroy all life, as the one that killed the dinosaurs 65 million years ago nearly did. In the nearer future, it is pretty likely that human life will become extinct – the fate of almost all species that have ever lived.

In our case, as the distinguished astronomer and former president of the Royal Society Martin Rees has conjectured, extinction is likely to be self-inflicted. Destructive technology becomes more powerful by the decade, and there is an ever-increasing danger that it will fall into the hands of some holy fool (Ian McEwan’s memorable phrase) whose ‘tradition’ glorifies death and longs for the hereafter: a ‘tradition’ which, not content with forecasting the end of the world, actively seeks to bring it about.

However it happens, the end of the world will be a parochial little affair, unnoticed in the universe at large. The end of the universe itself is a matter of current debate among physicists, a debate that I recommend as providing a salutary, long-term, humbling perspective on human preoccupations and follies. - Dawkins

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Time to use my zombie experience from COD

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast