Quantcast
May 21st - end of the world (not 2012) - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: May 21st - end of the world (not 2012)

I got hammered last night, assuming the world was ending and thinking I wouldnt have to deal with the hangover.. Man was I wrong.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I got hammered last night, assuming the world was ending and thinking I wouldnt have to deal with the hangover.. Man was I wrong.
    World's ending next week, promise

My Ride
    Busa

As if this shit wasn't funny enough to begin with.

Source: http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/2011/0...e-in-4-months/

OAKLAND, CA (Hollywood Today) 5/23/11 — Blaming everyone but himself, Christian radio evangelist Harold Camping said humans are not capable of understating the Bible, and for the second doomsday prediction he got wrong, he answered “we don’t always hit the nail the first time,” contested figures that said he spent $100 million in church money promoting doomsday and said his believers made their own choice on quitting jobs and spending life savings.

Some of our HT readers said what he did was a form of terrorism (see related story).

“If we found that we make a mistake, immediately we will correct that, of course,” says Camping, but he says he was not incorrect his in math, just his interpretation about how May 21 would play out. He calls the day “an invisible Judgment.”

More importantly, Camping’s second end of the world prediction may have raised the income at his radio empire, but it changed thousands of people’s lives who believed him.

“It is true that a few people have” quit jobs or depleted life savings to donate to Family Radio or spread his Judgment Day message, Camping says, but he says he never told people to do that.

“There are people who for example that have given up their jobs…to work for Family Radio, given their time, and they do because they love the Lord.”

He further contends they should count themselves lucky and just deal with it. He says the country experienced a recession. “Lots of people lost their homes” and jobs. But he says “they survived. People cope. People cope,” says Camping.

He says job, housing and investment losses during the recent economic decline are far worse than what “the average Family Radio listener” has experienced.

Sounds like an insult to us. We hope he doesn’t go out in the ‘hood in Oakland, they won’t be as forgiving as some of his followers.

When a reporter asked if Camping would give up his worldly goods on his revised End of the World date, Oct. 21, the minister seemed to say life would go on as usual, at least for him. “I still have to live in my house…I still have to pay my bills.”

He confirms that date by quoting a listener, which is like Hollywood Today using a Twitter message for a major story. Not going to happen.

Camping quoted a listener who had written him a letter at an unspecified time. The listener wrote he believes that “the great earthquake and the universe melting in fervent heat will all happen on the last day, Oct. 21, 2011.”

In a perfect example of denial that would make our staff rehab doctor tingle, he said none of this would affect the credibility of his following or religion.

Absolutely not, says Camping.

“God says again and again he resists the crowd and gives grace to the humble,” says Camping, who adds “I am nothing, I am nothing.”

He tells the audience to “walk humbly before God” and “give all the credit to God.”

A reporter asks him “then why keep predicting the end?”

Camping stops the questions and says he has run out of time.

He thanks the crowd for not asking anything “embarrassing.”

Even his senior staffer said “He made a mess of things.”

In this first address on his Open Forum radio show since May 21 passed without any of his predictions about worldwide quakes and the Rapture coming true, radio evangelist Harold Camping said he was “truly wondering what was going on” when Saturday came and went without any extraordinary events.

“I went through all the promises God had made…everything was fitting perfectly,” he said, remarking that he thought “what in the world happened?”

What in the still-present world indeed?
    Last edited by UndrgroundRider; 05-23-2011 at 09:01 PM.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

lol I can't help but laugh out loud about all this shit... Whats worse is the fucking idiots who spend their life savings, quit their jobs, and essentially hang off this losers every word... IMO they all deserve to lose their shit for being so fucking stupid...

WTF would god tell us when and where he's going to end the world anyway? makes no sense... why the fuck would he send 95% of our worlds population into hell? religion is FUCKED UP!

Any of you guys ever watch the show Ancient Aliens? they have some great idea's in that show.

How to make money:

1.) Start your own business.

2.) Work for a business.

3.) Start your own Church.

4.) Prophesied the End of the World.
    Ultimate excellence lies
    Not in winning
    Every Battle
    But in defeating the enemy
    Without ever fighting.
    The highest form of warfare
    Is to attack
    Strategy itself.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Originally posted by TheRealTimHorton

HAHA. Sigged
    Sweet my first sig

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/us-22...-25324024.html

October 21,2011 set your dates boys and girl. We are about to face another apocalypse.

Hopefully, after thats over I can safely put in my resume I survived two apocalypse.

(LOL) (LOL)
    This makes me want to do that prank with the sex dolls and releasing them up on the air.
    Last edited by Ergo-Sun-Tzu; 05-24-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Ultimate excellence lies
    Not in winning
    Every Battle
    But in defeating the enemy
    Without ever fighting.
    The highest form of warfare
    Is to attack
    Strategy itself.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

never ask Harold Camping for help on your math homework

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Harold Camping is the best troll ever...

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

He forgot the carry the remainder

One reason why Harold is rushing to predict that the world will end and he's avoiding it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_o9OT7yRJo

My Ride
    93 integra

Anyone want to get in on a scam stupid christians who believe the world will end in october type deal? haha

Those people in the states probably made good money with the pet thing.

My Ride
    I like. :)

That old fucker who predicted the world would end a couple days ago needs to clamp it shut. He is a waste of listening.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

how could you guys forget?! TODAY THE WORLD WAS SUPPOSED TO END... AGAIN!!!!

http://www.familyradio.com/x/message.html

'Nothing to report' Camping himself had little to say when he answered the door of his home in Alameda, wearing a bathrobe and leaning on a walker. "We're not having a conversation," he told a Reuters reporter, shaking his head with a chuckle. "There's nothing to report here."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44983933...1#.TqGuNHKBXTp
    he is loaded tho i bet.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6