Quantcast
May 21st - end of the world (not 2012) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: May 21st - end of the world (not 2012)

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

If u guys believe it then give all ur cars to me on may 20 and please don't get it back..just pm me..

Well.. what are you guys having for a last supper?

I ran into someone at the grocery store who bought a family of lobsters.

There are a *lot* of followers for the 21'st being the last day, and I've kept tabs on many armageddon predictions. This one is by far the largest.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

I survived Y2K, anthrax, west nile, swine flu, mad cow, sars, and terrorists.

May 21 ain't got shit on me.
    BOOOOOya!!!

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Well.. what are you guys having for a last supper?

I ran into someone at the grocery store who bought a family of lobsters.

There are a *lot* of followers for the 21'st being the last day, and I've kept tabs on many armageddon predictions. This one is by far the largest.

There are so many people who are getting crazy these day cause they spend a lot of time to read the bible but they forgot to eat their lunch , that's why u can see person on the street talking about the bible by himself..

Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Wowza - Even "normal" christians are calling bs on this BUT don't christians believe in a rapture/second coming/judgement day blah blah - So what makes this guy so crazy?

Originally posted by syeve

Wowza - Even "normal" christians are calling bs on this BUT don't christians believe in a rapture/second coming/judgement day blah blah - So what makes this guy so crazy?
    Revelations was close to not even being canonized and being included in the bible. Many scholars believe it was a symbolic to the time and the anticipated fall of Rome and that it was in no way a product of divine inspiration. Christianity is based off Judaism and there is no mention of an end of the world scenario in Judaism. In other parts of the Bible it even specifically mentions nobody will know when the end of the world will happen etc. So no, not all Christians believe in this type of cult / sect like end of the world stuff that pops up every few years.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by BigMass

Revelations was close to not even being canonized and being included in the bible. Many scholars believe it was a symbolic to the time and the anticipated fall of Rome and that it was in no way a product of divine inspiration. Christianity is based off Judaism and there is no mention of an end of the world scenario in Judaism. In other parts of the Bible it even specifically mentions nobody will know when the end of the world will happen etc. So no, not all Christians believe in this type of cult / sect like end of the world stuff that pops up every few years.
    If you're a christian and you don't believe in the rapture, or you don't believe in any of the other incredibly ridiculous parts of the bible (virgin birth, resurrection, 500 year old people, man in a fish, pillars of salt, talking snake, etc.) maybe you should just pull the chute on the whole thing?

If you're a christian and you don't believe in the rapture, or you don't believe in any of the other incredibly ridiculous parts of the bible (virgin birth, resurrection, 500 year old people, man in a fish, pillars of salt, talking snake, etc.) maybe you should just pull the chute on the whole thing?
    You can study the Bible without being a Christian. There are intellectual Bible scholars that go through years of study and research in regards to the history surrounding the Bible. Being a random evangelical loon from the heartland of the USA doesn’t make you a Bible scholar.

You can study the Bible without being a Christian. There are intellectual Bible scholars that go through years of study and research in regards to the history surrounding the Bible. Being a random evangelical loon from the heartland of the USA doesn’t make you a Bible scholar.
    I believe they've already coined a term for that kind of person...
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

I don't know about that, I think you can believe in god but not in the church and its teachings (including the bible). The church says you should take some parts of the bible literally and others not (for example: gay marriage vs women being servants to their men, the teachings about the first are taken literally while the second are not, hmmm). Any intelligent Christian knows the bible is not the true word of god and that it was written from extremely subjective view points.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Of course, I'm sure you are aware, those "loons" down south number in the tens-of-millions. Just sayin'.

I'm in Taiwan, it'll be May 21 here before it's May 21 in North America.

I'll let you guys know how it goes assuming I'll still have internet connection.

If I don't reply, prepare for the worst.

Well John Titor was from 2036 so unless the rapture on the 21st is merely part of a divergent worldline we should be safe until 2015 when Russia and the US engage in nuclear war.

Watch there be a coincidental earth quake. I think that is worst case cause then we will have to listen to end times shit for years.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Call him tomorrow if he could transfer all his money to your bank account then you'll see the truth.

1800 322 5385
    Last edited by CHICHARITZHI; 05-19-2011 at 11:32 PM.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Just imagine how stupid you would feel if the world did not end on May 21st and you bought into Harold Campings shitty ass prediction... I sure hope they film it, put it on YouTube so we can all see the humiliation on thier faces!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Im gonna go do something stupid tonight then

Ill come into work shit faced and ask everybody if their ready. Hopefully pass out at that point so I feel next to nothing if something does happen.

Sallllllllll goood

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast