Quantcast
cancel telus contract fees? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: cancel telus contract fees?

Default cancel telus contract fees?

hey guys,

i need to either cancel or sell my telus contract, and i believe it now costs like $400 to cancel the contract (ouch) and was wondering if any of ya'll know a way to get around this? i've been with telus since 2004 and really don't want to spend $400 on canceling my contract...any ideas?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Plan a fake funeral and make a new identity, otherwise, your name says it all
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I think it generally depends on how much time you have left on your contract. As far as ending it early, I think you're SOL. That's kinda why they have you sign a contract...

damn thieving bastards!

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

What is this for, cell, internet, tv?

Anyways, telus claims 20 for each service or something like that, or $10 for each service x the number of month left....but they have an outdated FAQ page that is WRONG and my friend was able to cancel a contract by pointing the manager to this page....the manager almost shit their pants and said that its wrong, and they were gonna change it, but low and behold, a month later, it still has the wrong info.

So try to talk to a manager and point them to this page:

What happens if I want to cancel my service agreement?

All customers in service agreements are responsible for a cancellation fee as they have agreed to a service agreement term. Customers canceling the service before their term ends will be billed a cancellation fee. This fee is usually $120, but may be higher if you received a promotional item.

When does the cancellation fee not apply?

The $120 cancellation fee for the service agreement term does not apply if:
    You are moving within Alberta or British Columbia and TELUS cannot provide High Speed Internet at your new address.
    Due to technical limitations or because TELUS was unable to provide your service within the first 20 days. In these situations you will need to return your modem to TELUS before we can discontinue the service charge on your account.

The cancellation fee for the promotional item with purchase would still apply. eg desktop or laptop: $480 total cancellation fee - $120 service agreement cancellation fee = $360 cancellation fee charged to the customer for promotional item with purchase.

http://telus.com/portalWeb/inlineLin...FAQ&_region=AB

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    damn thieving bastards!
    Not really. You usually get something free or cheap when you sign the contract, like a handset, or your PVR, or something. They can only recoup that cost if you stay with them for the entire contract term trying to en early without paying makes YOU a thieving bastard . . . .

What did you get for free when you signed up?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    W204

Well if it's 2004, it's probably cell? I don't think they offered TV back then. And it probably isn't a land line phone contract. Maybe you can try to give the phone + contract away on Kijiji and offer to give the person that takes it $100 in cash + pay the transfer fee. Basically like trying to sell a leased car.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Telus, has been working over time trying to keep customer relations going, I have heard and seen myself that the loyalty retention department is willing to remove your contracts from your services, if you credibly threaten to cancel your services and pay the buy out.

I would give it a try.

My Ride
    CBR 929

I just called to cancel a certain package on my cable plan and the guy couldn't understand the discount I had received (they matched a Shaw promotion) and lectured me about the value I was receiving... And then asked me what I thought the services were worth-I told him if Telus and Shaw can continually offer these promotions it was only worth the $55 a month I was paying and not the $138 he says it was worth.

He then tried to ask me if I was going to cancel all the extra stuff or switch to Shaw when my promotional plan was up lol.

[url]

yeah i'll give them a shout i guess...

it's for a cell plan.

i got a 32gb iphone 3gs on it.

...never again

Your username says it all Dumbass17.

Originally posted by nich148_9
    Your username says it all Dumbass17.
    wow you're clever.

honestly, you have to have seen dumber questions than this posted on beyond, of all places.

this was a legitmate question for a cheapass.

so screw off

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    ...never again
    If I had a buck everytime I heard some saying this about telus, I'd probably have 100$ by now.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by revelations

If I had a buck everytime I heard some saying this about telus, I'd probably have 100$ by now.
    I honestly don't know why some people just have a shitty time with them.

I've had a Telus cell account ever since they bought ClearNet (was with them for 3 years prior). I pay my bills, get good reception no matter what area of the city I'm in, decent reception on the highways through BC, and the plan isn't any more expensive than anywhere else.

My only complaint is that their website is down for maintenance quite a bit (when I'm trying to check my account, and pay the bill).

Oh yeah, it also doesn't set off every computer speaker I'm next too, unlike my workphone on Rogers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Eclipse

tell them 2fuck off and not pay it, your not living in Canada anymore anyways...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.