Quantcast
Man killed, woman injured when motorcycle rear ends pickup truck - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Man killed, woman injured when motorcycle rear ends pickup truck

My Ride
    Turbo charged 1977 Datsun 280Z

Default Man killed, woman injured when motorcycle rear ends pickup truck

My Ride
    4x4

hai /b/eyond

A 39 year old Calgary man is dead after the motorcycle he was driving ran into the back end of a pickup truck near the traffic circle at Highway 22 and Highway 8 at around noon Saturday.

Cochrane RCMP were called to the scene after a southbound truck driven by an 18 year old man from Calgary was stopped and waiting to make a left hand turn into Bragg Creek Paintball, off of Highway 22. The motorcycle, also traveling southbound, ran into the back end of the truck. The motorcyclist had a passenger with him, a 22 year old woman from Calgary. She was thrown over the truck and the motorcycle driver was thrown into the back of the truck.

The woman was flown by STARS with serious injuries to hospital in Calgary. The man was taken to hospital by ground ambulance and he died from his injures en route to hospital.

Highway 22 was closed for investigation after the accident and was reopened at 5 p.m. on Saturday.

The collision is still under investigation, but alcohol is not believed to be a factor. Name of the deceased and injured parties are not being released a this time pending notification of next of kin.

22 yr old at 39...good work sir.
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Weird... my friend was there and saw it and said the truck was pulling OUT of paintball in front of the motorcycle...
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

I thought Markham was posting in the politics/society forum now?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Weird... my friend was there and saw it and said the truck was pulling OUT of paintball in front of the motorcycle...
    Same thing as a guy here at work says.

My Ride
    Trucks

Bike needed louder pipes to make it's force field stronger.
    Last edited by Darell_n; 05-09-2011 at 05:07 PM.

My Ride
    NOYB.

Originally posted by SJW

Same thing as a guy here at work says.
    Sorry guys, your friends/co-workers are wrong.

My Ride
    B7A4

just found out who the this was
    he was a great guy and had an awesome personality

R.I.P. buddy

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Jay911

...Edited for affability.
    Last edited by CUG; 05-11-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Sorry i'll just stfu and sit back with the rest of the sheeple.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by SJW

Sorry i'll just stfu and sit back with the rest of the sheeple.
    If someone wants to manipulate statistics to encourage more legislation, they can. They hate bikes out there. Create the need for more cruisers to handle the wild and uncontrollable accountants on their harley's!

Jay911 is reading a pims report taken buy someone who didn't see the accident and has a 1 day seminar on reconstruction. You guys are hearing it from people who actually saw it, and somehow, you're wrong - so are your friends - who actually saw it. Sure, witness accounts aren't always reliable, but post-facto in relation to chronology, I'd take the two witness' version of events, over the one that may serve the anger of the RCMP in that particular region.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    NOYB.

Originally posted by CUG
    Jay911 is reading a pims report taken buy someone who didn't see the accident and has a 1 day seminar on reconstruction. You guys are hearing it from people who actually saw it, and somehow, you're wrong - so are your friends - who actually saw it. Sure, witness accounts aren't always reliable, but post-facto in relation to chronology, I'd take the two witness' version of events, over the one that may serve the anger of the RCMP in that particular region.
    Jay911 was at the scene for 5 hours picking up the remnants of someone's life, you complete imbecile. Jay911 stood there guiding the STARS helicopter onto the roadway while simultaneously trying to keep the ignorant self-important assholes from bicycling and driving and walking underneath the helicopter as it tried to land, because they couldn't comprehend that the highway was closed while the emergency responders were trying to salvage the people who were critically injured. Jay911 sent three fellow firefighters to the hospital on the ambulance in an effort to save the life of the man who died. Jay911 cleaned up the debris after the RCMP reconstructionist took a ridiculous number of photos and ultra-precise GPS measurements and notes. Jay911 did all this as a volunteer firefighter/EMT, giving up his entire afternoon to try to save the life of a fellow man he did not even know.

Now apologize for your uninformed, asinine, disrespectful comments, and fuck off as hard as you possibly can.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by derpderp
    I thought Markham was posting in the politics/society forum now?
    Nope, they were being moved because he hasn't figured out yet that his posts have nothing to do with "General Car/Bike Talk".

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Jay911 was at the scene for 5 hours picking up the remnants of someone's life, you complete imbecile. Jay911 stood there guiding the STARS helicopter onto the roadway while simultaneously trying to keep the ignorant self-important assholes from bicycling and driving and walking underneath the helicopter as it tried to land, because they couldn't comprehend that the highway was closed while the emergency responders were trying to salvage the people who were critically injured. Jay911 sent three fellow firefighters to the hospital on the ambulance in an effort to save the life of the man who died. Jay911 cleaned up the debris after the RCMP reconstructionist took a ridiculous number of photos and ultra-precise GPS measurements and notes. Jay911 did all this as a volunteer firefighter/EMT, giving up his entire afternoon to try to save the life of a fellow man he did not even know.

Now apologize for your uninformed, asinine, disrespectful comments, and fuck off as hard as you possibly can.

Point to Jay911.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Jay911, takes comments from strangers on the net quite seriously...
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by Modelexis
    Really? I'd like to see you handle the blood and death of a highway accident and then brush it off when people disrespect you.

My Ride
    ST184

Originally posted by Modelexis
    Obviously coming from a child who has no idea the responsibility responding to a call like this carries. Grow the fuck up, and have some respect.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Sticks and stones people, some stranger typing on a keyboard is only as personal as you make it out to be.

If someone on the internet says that I'm bad at my job and I'm lazy, why would I take them seriously, or even think twice about it?

But Jay911 hears some comments less harsh and less personal than that and he himself is the one that allows those comments to stick, he lets them get to him, he VALIDATES them by fighting back with such rage.

If you call me a bad singer and I'm a bad singer, and I i recognize it, I will not be upset at you, you're right.
    If you call me a bad singer and I'm a good singer, I will blow your comment off as stupid and move on.
    If you call me a bad singer and I have doubts about my singing ability, I will fight back and try to defend myself.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 05-10-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast