Quantcast
Need Help: Bought Bestbuy warranty for my Blackberry Tour :( - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Help: Bought Bestbuy warranty for my Blackberry Tour :(

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Default Need Help: Bought Bestbuy warranty for my Blackberry Tour :(

SOOOOO

I guess I'm a fool, but I was convinced by the bestbuy sales guy at the time I bought my BB tour outright that I should get their extended warranty... He said if ANYTHING goes wrong with it like the track ball gets sticky or keys get stuck that I can come back and have it replaced.

SOOOOO

I of course, the trackball is getting sticky and unresponsive, so I went to make a claim using the warranty... Sure enough, I get turned away WTF...!!! Douch at the counter said, it needs to be a "Full defect" meaning, "it must stop doing something completely". So the trackball is still functioning according to him, and will not and cannot be warrantied.

I was scammed...well, lied to at the least...

What can I do?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Complain to the manager. Make it clear that you felt deceived when purchasing the warranty. Make a scene in front of people.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Your receipt should have the name/sales code of the associate who sold it to you.

Go back and speak to him, put him on the spot about what he told you the warranty ought to have covered. Try to bring in a department sales manager as well, make the associate accountable for what he told you.

Some of those Best Buy guys are complete doofuses when it comes to selling warranties. They are paid hourly and have no incentive and/or product knowledge to sell them so most of them will simply say that it "covers everything."

As with all service plans, there are always stipulations.

Source: I work at Future Shop.

Take it to another store.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Take the ball out urself, poke the center part with a pen(under the track ball) assemble it back.

Hey phaggot BB guy, the trackball doesnt work.

Okay, here is a refurbished phone to replace ur $700 one.

Thanks, hope u buy another BB soon.

You got the PEP,good choice.

the guys a deuce, he's too by the book. From what i know they have to duplicate the issue in the store, so he might not notice the sticky trackball.

Do you remember how much the tour cost brand new? cause that doller value goes to whatever phone you want next. You dont need to get another blackberry. Thats your choice.

The PEP is a good deal.

sooo 2 options

1, take it to another store.
    2. Gum up the trackball even more

Isn't one of the "P" in PSP and PEP stand for performance? I thought that any performance issues would be covered. Your track ball isnt as responsive as it use to be so it should be covered IMO. You should go back and fight it.

My Ride

Originally posted by GQBalla
    You got the PEP,good choice.

the guys a deuce, he's too by the book. From what i know they have to duplicate the issue in the store, so he might not notice the sticky trackball.

Do you remember how much the tour cost brand new? cause that doller value goes to whatever phone you want next. You dont need to get another blackberry. Thats your choice.

The PEP is a good deal.

sooo 2 options

1, take it to another store.
    2. Gum up the trackball even more
    Ya I bought the phone outright for $450 + tax and the PEP/PSP and I don't want another blackberry.

Gonna try to talk to a Manager the next time around.

The problem did duplicate itself when I was there. It was sticking and unresponsive. He then took a piece of paper and then rubbed the face of the trackball on the paper face down on the desk to clean it!

So I said to him, "I have to come in here again when this happens for you to clean it but you guys know this is a reoccurring problem?"

Then he said to me "Well no, its your responsibility to keep your blackberry clean"!!!!

I lost it on him for saying that. Dropped a few f-bombs and shits but kid still didn't budge...

I'm thinking he was lazy to do an exchange and not be able to sell me another PEP/PSP and get commission on it.

Hopefully there's another guy there next time or the Manager of the dept.

Thanks for the input guys.

My Ride

Oh ya, I can't call out the guy I bought it from because I bought it 2 yrs ago and that dood isn't there anymore.

My Ride
    changes every year

if it keeps on happening just tell him ou want to do an "express exchange" hell know what that is.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

call the regional manager, his name and number (and photo)should be posted behind the customer service desk, that's the only way i ever get shit resolved with bestbuy/futureshop.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

he doesn't get commission, that kid is just lazy.

Go back and talk to someone else.

which store was this.?

My Ride

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    if it keeps on happening just tell him ou want to do an "express exchange" hell know what that is.
    Express exchange really??

Whats the diff when I say that??

My Ride
    GT TDi

go in pretending to buy another blackberry, get some sales guy to say exactly what the first guy did, then grab him by the neck and take him to customer service and tell them to fix your phone

or sabotage your phone and make it stop working

do whatever is easiest for you
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    02 audi a4

i work for bestbuy and our warrentys do cover the trackball, we have done pep exhanges on them many times, the person clearly dosnt kno what they are talking about.
    if you bring it down the deerfoot meadows location and go the mobile dept and talk to the mobile manager, his name is Jimmy, he knows what to do and he will take care of you
    Originally posted by max_boost

I am a member of Beyond.ca, don't you dare try to scam me as we will hunt your ass down and F you up haha

My Ride

Originally posted by brownboi
    i work for bestbuy and our warrentys do cover the trackball, we have done pep exhanges on them many times, the person clearly dosnt kno what they are talking about.
    if you bring it down the deerfoot meadows location and go the mobile dept and talk to the mobile manager, his name is Jimmy, he knows what to do and he will take care of you
    Awesome thank u!

Can I choose a different phone like mentioned above?

My Ride
    02 audi a4

well since the phone is discontinued what they will do is give you a store credit for how much ever you paid for the phone and then you chose any phone you like and use the credit towards that phone, and if you have money left its yours to use an keep otherwise you just pay the difference for the new phone.
    Originally posted by max_boost

I am a member of Beyond.ca, don't you dare try to scam me as we will hunt your ass down and F you up haha

My Ride
    19 GLI

Originally posted by brownboi
    well since the phone is discontinued what they will do is give you a store credit for how much ever you paid for the phone and then you chose any phone you like and use the credit towards that phone, and if you have money left its yours to use an keep otherwise you just pay the difference for the new phone.
    not to discredit what you say but if the ex is approved you dont always get what you paid. You get equiv feature matching product which in most cases is cheaper as its electronics which almost always get cheaper with more features over time.

i.e the people who bought 42" plasmas 4 or 5 yrs ago wont get 2 or 3k credit for a tv which now can most likely can be replaced with a tv below 1k that is better specs.

And trackballs always stick on the old BB's as grime from your fingers get underneath it over time and cause it to stick. If you think that warrants a brand new phone than ask for your warranty money back but most bby and fs stores wont ex it because it is easily fixed in 2 min and is a commonly know issue that can be fixed.

My Ride
    19 GLI

Originally posted by A790
    Complain to the manager. Make it clear that you felt deceived when purchasing the warranty. Make a scene in front of people.
    yeah and then go home put on your wife beater beat your wife and then call it a day.

Oh almost forgot, drag your wife back into your cave after

great advice

My Ride
    19 GLI

Originally posted by calgary350z

yeah and then go home put on your wife beater beat your wife and then call it a day.

Oh almost forgot, drag your wife back into your cave after

great advice
    on a fair note i do agree with him letting a manger know he felt deceived and the warranty was not explained properly, not so much the yelling part. I can help this member out with a quick fix though which is ask for 5 or 6 alarm alcachol swabs bby and fs use to prep their alarm devices. They wont damage anything in the BB's as it evaporates quickly. Just lightly rotate the trackball by rubbing it with the swab and it gets the sensitivty back within mins. 5 or 6 will last a 1-2 years worth of appliacations.

I had a older BB that i did that every so often to after it would stop scrolling properly. works great

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast