Quantcast
Recommend: Berlin and Barcelona Hostel - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Recommend: Berlin and Barcelona Hostel

My Ride
    firebird

Default Recommend: Berlin and Barcelona Hostel

Berlin: Looking to stay in a decent hostel in a nice area of Berlin. Preferably private room and closer to clubs/restaurants, etc. We will be going to the O2 area for two concerts so it would be nice to be close to those.

Barcelona: It would be nice to be near La Rambla, but not right on it. Close to the beach would be awesome, and preferably not a rundown dive.

Valencia: We will be going to Cirque de Soliel and the F1 Grand Prix so anywhere near some entertainment would be preferred.

Thanks!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Check out Wombats in Berlin. I've stayed in a couple of theirs and they are great.

http://www.wombats-hostels.com/berlin/

My Ride
    firebird

That place looks awesome, but sadly like everything else it is sold out.

Grr.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

I stayed at 'History Hostel' - can't say I wholeheartedly recommend it, but it wasn't terrible. Location was really good, just the room was loud and wasn't super clean. But it would be fine for a night or two. I think it was under $10CDN a night pp so it is what it is.
    'Three Little Pigs' hostel is a block away and a friend recommended that one.
    Both of these are in a good area - kind of quiet itself, but really easy to get around. You can easily walk to Postdamer and Brandnburg, as well as to around Checkpoint Charlie. The area around Hackescher market is good for nightlife, but there is stuff all over the place, so it's hard to say that there is a perfect area to be in. Just make sure you can get to a metro stop quickly and you'll be fine - public transit is really really good there.
    Berlin is the coolest city I've visited - their slogan is 'Poor but Sexy' and it holds true. It is less polished and a little more gritty, but not unsafe or sketchy.

Have a great time.

Oh, haven't been to Barc. or Valencia yet, but have friends coming back from there this week - I'll pass on any suggestions they have.

Default Berlin and Barcelona Hostel

You can also consider Amstel House in Berlin. It is quite convenient option in terms of price and location.

i havent been to berlin, but i just got back from barcelona last week, effing incredible city, loved it. Also as im sure your aware, be VVVERRRYYY careful on Las Ramblas for pick pockets and such, our hostel receptionist told us, in his own words "just be careful, if someone is talking to you randomly, they are likely just trying to rob you", its not a unsafe city, just alot of pickpockets and petty shit.

we stayed here at the yellow nest
    http://www.nesthostelsbarcelona.com/

they have a few hostels in barcelona

it was the best hostel ive ever stayed in my life, only downside about the yellow nest was the location was kinda far, so you have to take the metro into las ramblas, which wasnt really a big deal to be honest. But super clean, great kitchen (Super clean), incrediblely helpful staff, very quiet, but down stairs was a HUGE common room where everyone would hang out and drink, would return back here for sure. Enjoy!
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Saint Christophers in Berlin was really good. We stayed there since Wombats was booked.

Centric Pointe in Barcelona was good location wise, but its your stereotypical hostel with like 8 people crammed in every room, one shower per floor, etc. It worked out for me i guess.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer