Quantcast
Diablo 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 97 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default Diablo 3 beta coming soon

Well, it looks like the D3 beta is going to go up sometime this summer, according to a blue post on the Blizz D3 forums. Make sure your battle.net accounts are updated to show you want to participate in betas! Although I think, honestly, the first round will most likely be for last year's Blizzcon beta cards and a few select invitees from D2 mp or some such.

Knowing how Blizz operates, if they go for the latest announced date, September 30, 2011, and take a 6 month beta period, that would put D3 as a Q1-2012 game at the earliest.

Source:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...o=1&sid=3000#9
    Geek

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I was really disappointed with SC2... with all the crazy hype behind it, the game was simply boring and repetitive. I stopped playing after a couple months, which is insane, cause I played war3 for 8 years.

D3 doesn't even look that great IMO. Looks to be the same thing is dungeon siege 3, which is coming out right away.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Im REALLY disappointed with SC2 as well. And again coming from someone who played War3 for MANY MANY MANY years.

The game itself is great. But such a short campaign. Not to mention battle.net is nothing more than join 5 games, maybe 1 of them wont drop someone and ruin the game. Waste of time.

Disconnect Craft FTL. Not to mention the whole "new and improved" battle.net is a joke.

Dunno if I'm going to buy the expansions just for the single player campaign, or if I'm even going to bother with D3 anymore. Especially if after 12 years, this is the best they can do... Not to mention, since Blizzard got a taste of real money with WoW, everything is based more on making money, than producing good games. Something Blizzard was quite the opposite on prior to being bought by Activision.

My Ride
    Ford Compact

^-- debbie downer.

War3 was quite possibly their worst RTS game ever. No wonder you hated SC2, you like War3 .. ugh.

Anywhoo, i really enjoyed the single player SC2, and i dont get these disconnect issues you have on battle.net... so im fairly happy.

I usually only play against my friends, as i hate getting my ass handed to me by randoms.

So.. D3, yea, im going to play that. I like how hte mechanics work better than Dungeon Siege.. and im also looking forward to Torchlight 2.

My Ride
    Integra Type R

but man.....only 4 players!?
    wh...?

Beta client is available to download:

http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite...enUS-Setup.exe

D3 will be good if they make it balanced. In D2, only 2, maybe 3 character classes could solo hell mode, and only a sorc or hammerdin could do any sort of crowd control. Maybe the odd druid or assassin if built flawlessly with ideal items, which only about 1% of people could reasonably get. Amazons and barbs were MUCH slower killing stuff, even with the best items in the game.

Sorcs were also the only class that could do well with virtually no items. All other classes needed godly items and + skills to even come close to the crowd control abilities of a sorc.

Another thing that sucked were the utterly useless skills. Each character had maybe 4 or 5 skills that were worth getting, and the rest were garbage. I'd like to see every skill on the skill tree useful, so people could have very diversified builds.

Lastly, D2 turned into a game of "runs". People just did bloody runs and baal runs for items or ultra fast exp. There was really no point in playing.

Basically, I'd just like to see proper balancing so that any class is equally as viable for crowd control and soloing.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-06-2011 at 02:28 PM.

"Builds" ... you realize there is no stat point or attribute points anymore right? Least none that the players control. Everybody that plays the same class have the same abilities that are the same strengths There won't be builds anymore.

Edit: Also the classes for diablo 3 are sorta lame... least to me. I miss warriors/paladins. I liked the rogues/amazons. It'd be nice if they had rangers or something.... not a fan of the look of monks or barbarians. The witch doctor looks interesting mechanics wise, but visually he looks like he has parkinsons... bring me back the necromancer. The Demon Hunter is going to be the love child that everybody will want to play in this. And wizard is well... the wizard. Probably the only class that doesn't really make me cringe other than its vanilla flavor of being just that: a stereotypical wizard... but then again, I did say I miss the warrior/paladin type classes
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 09-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

can anyone play the beta or do you need a key?

You're more likely to see little to no late game soloing this time around. You will have classes dedicated to certain roles and they're stuck with them.

To be honest I think the fact that you could solo endgame in D2 wasn't intended, Blizz just didn't see a need in fixing it by the time it happened. That's just a guess though.

Originally posted by nagooro
    can anyone play the beta or do you need a key?
    You need an invite.

My Ride
    05 Civic

I really hope they will be able to at least somewhat control bots in D3. If they can't then the economy will be ruined in the first month. Mind you, it is hard to deter this type of behaviour, but you think by now a company would have developed a really good anti-hacking software. I hope D3 caters to those casual players as well, because I won't have 8+ hours a day to play it like I know some people will.

Anyone hear anything about a subscription? I thought I remember reading an article a while back that said they were thinking of putting one in, but that was a while ago... If they do, I would only pay if we got a butt load of additional content, otherwise I would not pick it up.

I hope the PVP system is good as well. Hopefully better than D2, as in arenas and whatnot (which I have seen videos of so far). And stat tracking would be nice too.

My Ride
    Hatred

Beta client is available to download:

http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite...enUS-Setup.exe
    Holy CRAP!!!

I can't wait to get home!
    -U

Originally posted by Unknown303

Holy CRAP!!!

I can't wait to get home!
    Do you have a key?

First wave of public e-mails hasn't been sent yet. It's in friends and family right now so the game servers are live. I just put the link there to stir up some excitement.

My Ride
    Hatred

First wave of public e-mails hasn't been sent yet. It's in friends and family right now so the game servers are live. I just put the link there to stir up some excitement.
    Damn you!

But I am signed up for their Beta testing so fingers crossed...
    -U

Originally posted by Unknown303

Damn you!

But I am signed up for their Beta testing so fingers crossed...
    For beta testing all you gotta do is send in your computer specs through their downloadable program correct?

Originally posted by nagooro

For beta testing all you gotta do is send in your computer specs through their downloadable program correct?
    Yeah, and make sure "Diablo" is selected on your battle.net profile's beta settings.

My Ride
    Hatred

Yeah, and make sure "Diablo" is selected on your battle.net profile's beta settings.

I checked all three just to be sure I get to try any of their fancy new titles. But haven't received any beta tests yet.
    -U

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Free to play I believe.

They will make their money off the auction house where you can buy items with real money/sell items for real money and Blizz takes a cut.

Page 1 of 97 1 2 11 ... LastLast