Quantcast
Diablo 3 - Page 91 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 81 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1925

Thread: Diablo 3

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

I really hope so, but after reading a lot of the reviews from the people actually in the friends and family betas...telling everyone what is wrong with the game, shows blizzard just doesn't get it.

Hopefully theres a lot of fixes before it comes out, but I am not holding my breath.

Best bet is to wait until its released, watch the battle.net forums for a couple weeks/month and then make your judgement call.

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

Don't think RoS will save Diablo, but it will certainly make it more entertaining with the new additions (cursed chests, loot runs, bounties, etc.).

Personally I've just started playing Path of Exile, to tide me over until the D3 expansion release and am finding it to be an awesome game. Highly recommend PoE to all!

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

I just bought it for xbox 360, seems fun

Currently playing as a witch doctor, I think barb would be the most fun on Xbox.
    Last edited by CivicTunr; 02-04-2014 at 12:01 AM.

My Ride
    RSTi

Huge overhaul today, too much to list...hoping it makes the game more fun again like D2 was!

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Still playing on consule, wish the expansion was coming out for consule

My Ride
    09 WRX

Apparently ROS will eventually be released exclusively for PS4 (of course PC too)
    I'm an Xbox guy who may have just had the push to switch over.

My Ride
    RSTi

I had a chance to play for a few hours tonight. First impressions are really good, a ton of improvements and it's nice to actually have decent drops.

The difficulty of the game felt just right, I could have gone through quicker but I enjoyed the challenge without getting overly frustrated like before.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Perfect Dark
    I had a chance to play for a few hours tonight. First impressions are really good, a ton of improvements and it's nice to actually have decent drops.

The difficulty of the game felt just right, I could have gone through quicker but I enjoyed the challenge without getting overly frustrated like before.
    I reinstalled last night and had plans for a "quick blast" to test the new features.... keep in mind, I have only ever completed the game on one toon, and that was with buddies.

So I drop in (Wizard), and immediately get 7 or so upgrades, including 2 lengendaries (!!!) at level 30. I ended the night 3 hours later, having played Hard from new campaign start through to Skeleton King (I also did some crafting, some exploring, tested out different skill builds, etc). As Perfect Dark mentioned... it feels just right. It's hard, but not a cliff face in difficulty. It feels like walking up a steep foothill... there is resistance, but not as much as you won't make it with some determination.

I'm actually *wanting* to play to 60 now and start Torment for the epic lewtz o_O And with Reaper of Souls out in 24 days, I guess I'd better haul ass
    Geek

Is the expansion coming to consoles ?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

The expansion will hit consoles AFAIK. Just later than the pc
    Geek

tl;dr: New patch felt great for 2 days but then the game was exactly the same as 1.0.2, when I previously quit. If you liked D3 before 2.0.1, you'll continue loving it. If you quit for the same reasons I did, expect to quit again. This is not a new experience.

---

I took my 60 wizard, reset my quests and started over on Torment 1. The first few hours felt great because I completely regeared myself. After that, and I said this to Vagabond earlier, it became the same game I quit over a year ago.

Same repetitive scenery, same bullshit elites that force you to kite for 1-2 minutes unless you're geared really well, same slow movement/combat, same boredom. Sure, I got more legendaries in 2 days than I did the entire rest of the time I played D3, but they're just slightly better rares. None of the new unique stats are game changing, something with 1% extra Damage is better than "Enemies have 4% higher chance to leave health globe" or "Chance to raise ghostly Fallen Champion on hit". Now instead of "Oh, this item would be great for my other char" you just look at the Damage/Toughness/Healing stats and hope for green.

I know this is exactly what people complained for, but I never understood why. Getting a hojillion rares and legendaries is exactly the same as getting a handful of them when you know that 95% of the items you find will be completely useless. Not that I think it's bad, it's just not any different.

BoA items are just ridiculous IMO. Any legendary that isn't quite as good as the one you're wearing can be safely salvaged, what else are you going to do with it? Now that everything is tailored to your class, the only items that may be good for your other characters are class-specific items for classes that share your current main stat.

I gave up on PoE a long time ago, but started playing again recently and it's become a much more polished and professional game since I quit. The combat and itemization are so much better than D3, it's no contest in terms of fun for me. Ironically, the only major change I'd want for PoE is an auction house, haha.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Mibz,

The end game is changing in the expansion. With fully randomized adventures and bounties and all the level content in Act V is completely randomized as well.

Loot 2.0 is a huge improvement to the game, played with 3 friends farming torment 3 and we found probably 30 legendaries on the weekend.

The loot system is something I like, and with the addition of the Mystic you can really take a rare/legendary with a terrible attribute and reroll it from a pool. This allows you to tailor gear to certain builds.

This is a huge step in the right direction and once the expansion hits, this will blow PoE out of the water.

Haha, I knew I shouldn't have mentioned PoE. I'm really not saying that one is better than the other, but I'm having way more fun with PoE than I ever did with D3. I don't play PoE end-game either though. End-game in most games these days is grinding for slight upgrades and I just don't have fun doing that anymore.

If you're comparing end-game to end-game then you've got the wrong guy. We play differently.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

You started it with the PoE comment

I can see how leveling in PoE could be fun, as the early levels are much more randomized than D3. Frankly, I can't even level another toon in D3 at all because it is boring as fuck.

Hopefully if Reaper does well they can go and change the earlier acts to be slightly more random.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Maybe it's because I went from D3 to Torchlight II to PoE and back to D3, but I'm really enjoying D3 with the updates, for all the reasons that Smackpoo listed and others.

Then again, opinions are like assholes: we all have em and they all stink

I'm levelling three toons in D3 for RoS, and even though I'm playing through some of the same content, the dungeons are randomizing even at low level (Leoric's Tomb, for example, has not been the same on all three toons, except the scripted parts (boss battles, etc)). I'm looking forwards to adventure mode though
    Geek

My Ride
    Grimace

Currently on battlenet for $19.99 USD. Probably worth trying at that price!

My Ride
    Silverado

showing for me at $39.99

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

played again with some friends last night and had a blast (because I hadn't played for a year, and it was fun playing with friends again). other than that, like Mibz said, the game hasn't really changed a whole lot as far as the combat, scenery and repetitiveness is concerned. it's still a farm fest.

that being said, itemization and drops make a lot more sense now and drops are way better, which is fantastic when you are considerably undergeared like I was last night. but it's only a matter of time before you catch up in gear and there isn't much to play for besides those 0.0001% legendary drops. it's still fun playing with friends though.

i don't know anything about the expansion, so i don't know what will change after that, but it seems like the pre-expansion patch is a step in a positive direction for someone coming back to the game.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    showing for me at $39.99
    I think their website is dying. I have the us shop page still open and it shows 19.99 from 39.99. Maybe try again later, can't even add it to the cart currently.

edit: by using private browsing on firefox I was able to buy it without the links not working
    Last edited by schocker; 03-11-2014 at 02:49 PM.

No expansion talk?

Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 81 90 91 92 ... LastLast