Quantcast
2011-2012 Winnipeg Jets Thread - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Winnipeg Jets Thread

Originally posted by max_boost
    They should have just sold it to Rim Jim and put another team in Southern Ontario.
    Especially considering his offer was around $245 million... which included $50 million for the City of Glendale to buy out the leases for the Jobing.com arena.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by rage2

Yea, the prices drop pretty quick. Row A @ $255 all inclusive, Row B @ $180 all inclusive, Row C and up at $45.
    180 All inclusive is reasonable... damn. I'm fucking pumped to get my season ticket book!

Originally posted by sputnik
    When tickets cost next to nothing, any city can fill an arena during the NHL playoffs (especially when you are playing a team like Detroit). The true test of a team is how many show up on a Tuesday night to see their team play the Florida Panthers. This is usually a good indication as to how many season tickets are sold.

Its also pretty funny that the only reason everyone is wearing white is because the white t-shirts came free with the seat.

In Canada, fans drop $100 for their own jersey not to mention a couple hundred on tickets to the game (if they can even get them).

I would love to live in Phoenix and go to hockey games, but I love the weather. When I lived near SJ, I went to every game I could... The flames were playing the sharks in the playoffs and tickets for the same area/seats were half the price of the saddledome tickets.

They should have just sold it to Rim Jim and put another team in Southern Ontario.
    Bettman doesn't like Rim Jim...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Meter is way high now....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/jetsmeter/

My Ride
    Has four wheels

^ Yeah that was from yesterday when they heard statements from the mayors of Winnipeg and Atlanta. I'm waiting for the official word though.

Originally posted by Stealth22
    I'm waiting for the official word though.
    Everyone is.

Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

A bit of a back story, I'm a Calgary boy, relocated to Phoenix been a loyal Coyotes fan since I got here along with the thousands of other fans THAT DO EXIST.
    That's the problem, you can say 'thousands of fans' and be entirely accurate. Most teams have at the very least tens of thousands of fans. The successful ones have hundreds of thousands of fans and the ones that make more in profit than many teams make in gross revenue have millions of fans.

Bottom line is, who is going to go watch a team that might not be there next year and is barely marketed locally. The Coyotes used to have a stable 15-16k nightly attendance record.
    That's a number that has always been accused of being inflated beyond the ticket comps. The bottom line is that the Coyotes consistently finish near or at the bottom of ticket revenue and that's why they went bankrupt. 15K fans paying league average prices will put you in financial trouble, nevermind paying bargain basement prices for tickets, $1 beers, hot dogs and burgers and free t-shirts.

and proper marketing I'm sure the team will do just fine here. Plus the city is full of US East Coast\Canadian snowbirds all winter.
    Former LA Kings owner Jack Kent Cooke after using the excuse that LA would be a great hockey market because of all the displaced Canadians:

"Now I know why all these Canadians moved to LA...they hate hockey"

While 20 years later it took a different owner needing to acquire Gretzky to make hockey a financial success in LA, there's a reason that Coyotes games are a barren wasteland except when certain teams come to town and it's because those snowbirds don't give a shit about the Coyotes. They want to see the Red Wings, Blackhawks, Flames, Canucks etc.

Westgate is an AMAZING facility, it's no wonder the Glendale City council is fighting so hard to keep the Coyotes here.
    If it was an AMAZING facility wouldn't it be able to attract business on its own and not require the Coyotes to bring business to it 41 nights a year?

[quote]I have been to numerous NHL arena's including obviously the Saddledome and recently the TD Garden in Boston for their last home game. Both where ROCKING. Just like the Coyotes recent playoff run which was PACKED with loyal fans having a great time.[quote]

The loyal fans did come out in droves. I've never seen so many opposing teams fans in an away arena before. The Red Wings basically had four home games in the playoffs. THAT'S loyalty.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by sputnik
    Its also pretty funny that the only reason everyone is wearing white is because the white t-shirts came free with the seat.
    That's a fairly common practice in a lot of markets. I believe the Thunder gave out free shirts for their run. Towels are given out the same way.

Balsillie burned a lot of bridges trying to get a team in Southern Ontario, so it's unlikely that he'll get approval from the other owners.

Also, there are a lot of owners in the league that don't want to see another team in Southern Ontario because they don't want to split fans.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Balsillie burned a lot of bridges trying to get a team in Southern Ontario, so it's unlikely that he'll get approval from the other owners.
    Ever.

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

People need to remember that Bettman and NHL Board of Governors need to approve any sale\relocation.

I wonder what they want?

People need to remember that Bettman and NHL Board of Governors need to approve any sale\relocation.

I wonder what they want?

they don't want to move teams to canada

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

Originally posted by Jlude

I would love to live in Phoenix and go to hockey games, but I love the weather. When I lived near SJ, I went to every game I could... The flames were playing the sharks in the playoffs and tickets for the same area/seats were half the price of the saddledome tickets.
    I love it, amazing venue, cheap tickets, sun, palm trees.

We should organize a Beyond\cheer on the Flames in Phoenix trip for the games next season, I'll be the guide!

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

I wonder what they want?
    They still want to believe that the entire US can become a lucrative TV market for the NHL.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

We should organize a Beyond\cheer on the Flames in Phoenix trip for the games next season, I'll be the guide!
    That totally does sound like fun
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My neighbor works at westjet so they get to fly free. They go to most of the flames games in phoenix and love it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I'd be down for that. My goal is to hit up every hockey city to watch a game. It might be too late for Atlanta, but not Phoenix. I'm just trying to figure out what else there is to do there that isn't shopping before I plan a trip.

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

I'd be down for that. My goal is to hit up every hockey city to watch a game. It might be too late for Atlanta, but not Phoenix. I'm just trying to figure out what else there is to do there that isn't shopping before I plan a trip.
    - Golf, some of the best courses in the world
    - Unreal hiking\Sedona
    - Scottsdale\Clubs\Shopping
    - Phoenix Suns
    - Off roading\ATV's
    - If you have time, the Grand Canyon
    - NASCAR??

My Ride

I'm up for a beyond meet in Phoenix for a game. Just let me know when.

I wonder what they want?
    What they want and what they'll be forced to do are two entirely different things. They can balk at a sale of Phoenix because they're the owners and they're not the ones taking the losses. But the reason that the sale to Hulsizer went under is because the NHL Board of Governors is completely unwilling to lose money from the sale of the Coyotes (hence why the team is being sold for $170M, the cost of the team from the bankrupt estate). The BOG is not willing to lose money in Phoenix, they're only willing to let keep the team there as long as others are covering them.

The NHL does not own the Thrashers and can only base sale approvals when there is more than one willing buyer or the person/group buying them doesn't have the financial credentials. There isn't more than one buyer, only TNSE, and their partners have better financial credentials than any owner in any sport in North America.

My Ride

Originally posted by kertejud2

What they want and what they'll be forced to do are two entirely different things. They can balk at a sale of Phoenix because they're the owners and they're not the ones taking the losses. But the reason that the sale to Hulsizer went under is because the NHL Board of Governors is completely unwilling to lose money from the sale of the Coyotes (hence why the team is being sold for $170M, the cost of the team from the bankrupt estate). The BOG is not willing to lose money in Phoenix, they're only willing to let keep the team there as long as others are covering them.

The NHL does not own the Thrashers and can only base sale approvals when there is more than one willing buyer or the person/group buying them doesn't have the financial credentials. There isn't more than one buyer, only TNSE, and their partners have better financial credentials than any owner in any sport in North America.
    true... The next richest owner would be Paul Allen who owns the Seattle Seahawks (NFL) - Microsoft Cofounder - his wealth is at around 3 billion.

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

Daly: Group interested in having NHL in Seattle

http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/report-s...-nhl-team.html

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast