Quantcast
2011-2012 Winnipeg Jets Thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Winnipeg Jets Thread

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Jlude
    255/ticket!! That's gross... I won't be paying that for season tickets... f that. I draw my limit at 150/ticket.
    If you're not planning to buy Coyotes season tickets you should be ok. Those prices are actually very affordable compared to what they are for the Flames season tickets and likely Winnipeg...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

255/ticket!! That's gross... I won't be paying that for season tickets... f that. I draw my limit at 150/ticket.
    $255/ticket is all inclusive for food and drinks in the first row? That's a pretty damn good deal.

Overall, the prices are way cheaper than the Flames. Our lower bowl season ticket price ($162 for club, $107 for normal) is a lot more than their equivilents ($80 for club center, $45 for normal).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by Aleks

If you're not planning to buy Coyotes season tickets you should be ok. Those prices are actually very affordable compared to what they are for the Flames season tickets and likely Winnipeg...
    I would say that they are DIRT cheap. Other than a few select rows, nearly the entire facility is $45/seat or less.

I also don't understand how people will say that Phoenix Coyotes games are poorly attended because the fans don't know what is happening next year. Who cares about next year? This year the Coyotes were top of their division for a good portion of the season, playing relatively well and they still could barely scrape together 5000 fans at a game (actual attendance not the BS reported attendance).

If there actually was a good base of hockey fans in the desert they would have been there supporting their team and buying seasons tickets. With about 4 million people in the Phoenix area (and surrounding suburbs) you figure it shouldn't be that hard to put at least 15,000 people in the arena without having to literally give away most of the tickets.

Hopefully the Coyotes can figure out a way to get people to buy tickets and stop losing tens of millions of dollars every year... but they wont do it with crowds like this night after night.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Heard on Global they will not be called the Jets? Thats kinda lame....
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
    Plus the city is full of US East Coast\Canadian snowbirds all winter. Westgate is an AMAZING facility, it's no wonder the Glendale City council is fighting so hard to keep the Coyotes here.
    Is there anything cool to see or do in Phoenix/Glendale? I should attend a Coyotes game sooner than later, given the uncertainty of their future.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by cycosis
    Why would that be lame? It's cause they're not the Jets. The Coyotes are.

Originally posted by cycosis
    Unless the information is coming directly from TSNE or the NHL I wouldn't sweat any rumours.

That said. Who cares what they are called?

If you are a hockey fan, the team could be called just about anything.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Personally, I hope Winnipeg DOES get the Thrashers. This way it will finally silence the abundance of mis-informed trolls in Winnipeg who have nothing better to do then read AZcentral and troll other cities teams\fans.

A bit of a back story, I'm a Calgary boy, relocated to Phoenix been a loyal Coyotes fan since I got here along with the thousands of other fans THAT DO EXIST.

Although Canadians might think TSN is the mecca of valid sports news, It's not. I'm willing to bet 99% of the Winnipeg\Canadian trolls have never even been to Phoenix or Atlanta for that matter. Hockey does work here, I can't speak for Atlanta. Yes attendance has been down in the past three years and previously. Its been a calamity of bad ownership and lack there of. Bottom line is, who is going to go watch a team that might not be there next year and is barely marketed locally. The Coyotes used to have a stable 15-16k nightly attendance record. With a hockey minded owner and proper marketing I'm sure the team will do just fine here. Plus the city is full of US East Coast\Canadian snowbirds all winter. Westgate is an AMAZING facility, it's no wonder the Glendale City council is fighting so hard to keep the Coyotes here.

I have been to numerous NHL arena's including obviously the Saddledome and recently the TD Garden in Boston for their last home game. Both where ROCKING. Just like the Coyotes recent playoff run which was PACKED with loyal fans having a great time.

sputnik, this is not a jab directed at you specifically, I still think you're a cool guy and wish you well. I find it funny that we used to be next door neighbors and then collectively moved to exact polar opposite sides of this hockey debacle.

So hopefully soon we can all focus on what's really important here, HOCKEY. Matter of fact I'm willing to place a $5 wager on the first Phoenix\Winnipeg game with you sputnik. Here's hoping for an awesome rivalry!!!
    that is pretty funny about you an sputnik.

I agree with you, I've been to Atlanta and Phoenix and both cities could support a team and would support one, if their was good ownership and proper marketing.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Aleks

Originally posted by rage2

$255/ticket is all inclusive for food and drinks in the first row? That's a pretty damn good deal.

Overall, the prices are way cheaper than the Flames. Our lower bowl season ticket price ($162 for club, $107 for normal) is a lot more than their equivilents ($80 for club center, $45 for normal).
    I didn't know the 255/ticket included food... Still... not gonna be getting bombed every hockey game, so I'd rather get the next level cheaper tickets. Plus, at the MTS center (don't know about others) you can order your beer from your phone.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Why would that be lame? It's cause they're not the Jets. The Coyotes are.

I personally don't care what they're called as long as it isn't Moose or Manitoba... other than that, I couldn't give a shit.

And... on another note... I've just agreed to terms to buy season ticket rights. The person has Manitoba Moose season tickets, he's going to sell me the rights to the NHL season tickets in exchange for 10-12 games at face value - those games include - the first, the last and his favorite teams in between. meh

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I didn't know the 255/ticket included food... Still... not gonna be getting bombed every hockey game, so I'd rather get the next level cheaper tickets. Plus, at the MTS center (don't know about others) you can order your beer from your phone.
    Yea, the prices drop pretty quick. Row A @ $255 all inclusive, Row B @ $180 all inclusive, Row C and up at $45.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

that is pretty funny about you an sputnik.
    Yeah. We were neighbours for a couple of years on McKenzie Towne.

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

Originally posted by sputnik

I would say that they are DIRT cheap. Other than a few select rows, nearly the entire facility is $45/seat or less.

I also don't understand how people will say that Phoenix Coyotes games are poorly attended because the fans don't know what is happening next year. Who cares about next year? This year the Coyotes were top of their division for a good portion of the season, playing relatively well and they still could barely scrape together 5000 fans at a game (actual attendance not the BS reported attendance).

If there actually was a good base of hockey fans in the desert they would have been there supporting their team and buying seasons tickets. With about 4 million people in the Phoenix area (and surrounding suburbs) you figure it shouldn't be that hard to put at least 15,000 people in the arena without having to literally give away most of the tickets.

Hopefully the Coyotes can figure out a way to get people to buy tickets and stop losing tens of millions of dollars every year... but they wont do it with crowds like this night after night.

Meanwhile in Winnipeg...

Here are pictures I've personally taken at jobing.com arena. Westgate is basically Las Vegas with a hockey rink there are amazing restaurants, bars, hotels, stores everywhere. You should all come check it out. You could spend a weekend there for sure.

Last edited by Speed_RaSiR; 05-25-2011 at 11:01 AM.

When tickets cost next to nothing, any city can fill an arena during the NHL playoffs (especially when you are playing a team like Detroit). The true test of a team is how many show up on a Tuesday night to see their team play the Florida Panthers. This is usually a good indication as to how many season tickets are sold.

Its also pretty funny that the only reason everyone is wearing white is because the white t-shirts came free with the seat.

In Canada, fans drop $100 for their own jersey not to mention a couple hundred on tickets to the game (if they can even get them).

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

When tickets cost next to nothing, any city can fill an arena during the NHL playoffs (especially when you are playing a team like Detroit). The true test of a team is how many show up on a Tuesday night to see their team play the Florida Panthers. This is usually a good indication as to how many season tickets are sold.

Its also pretty funny that the only reason everyone is wearing white is because the white t-shirts came free with the seat.

In Canada, fans drop $100 for their own jersey not to mention a couple hundred on tickets to the game (if they can even get them).

So how bout that $5 wager?
    Last edited by Speed_RaSiR; 05-25-2011 at 11:41 AM.

My Ride
    NC1

Didn't the owner of the Coyotes lose $30million US/year for like 10 years straight? I'm no math/acct guy but I'm just going to say, I don't think hockey works there. LOL
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

The trolling never ends...
    Last edited by Speed_RaSiR; 05-25-2011 at 11:39 AM.

So how bout that $5 wager?

You're on.

In Canadian currency.

I don't want your $4.75 Obamabucks.

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

You're on.

In Canadian currency.

I don't want your $4.75 Obamabucks.
    hehe, you got it bro!

Originally posted by max_boost
    Didn't the owner of the Coyotes lose $30million US/year for like 10 years straight? I'm no math/acct guy but I'm just going to say, I don't think hockey works there. LOL
    The team has actually NEVER made a profit in Phoenix.

Not to mention that the team went completely bankrupt, has been controlled by the league since 2008, has no owner willing to pay for it and the City of Glendale taxpayers are currently bankrolling the team at a cost of $25 million per year.

I guess the CoG didn't need those schools, roads and libraries anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Coyotes_bankruptcy

My Ride
    NC1

They should have just sold it to Rim Jim and put another team in Southern Ontario.
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast