Quantcast
Review of Dent & scratch removal - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Review of Dent & scratch removal

My Ride
    Accord Coupe

Default Review of Dent & scratch removal

So my Accord got hit by the hail storm last July, so I went to one of the bigger autobody shops to get a quote for insurrance...anyways, the quote came came in at what I thought to be really high.

So I took the cash payout...but when the insurance company said I was no longer eligible for insurance I decided to look around to get it fixed elsewhere (2005 V6, so still worth having collision imo).

After reading some good reviews on EcoDent, I took it there and met with Sasha...who came in at almost exactly half of what the bigger shop quoted...and he did a great job.

He also had his neighbors at Chippy Auto Appearance take a look at the scratches on the hood that the car has had for quite some time...they said they couldn't get the scratches completely out, but that they could make it a lot better with a cut polish...and the price they quoted was so good I figured it was worth trying...turned out great, the scratches are essentially gone (and these were REALLY BAD scratches that other detail shops could not get out).

Both shops were great to deal with and did great work!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Thanks. I would have loved to seen before and after pics of the scratches. Might pay them a visit in the near future.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 05-14-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Default Re: Review of Dent & scratch removal

Originally posted by 2000Accord
    So my Accord got hit by the hail storm last July, so I went to one of the bigger autobody shops to get a quote for insurrance...anyways, the quote came came in at what I thought to be really high.

So I took the cash payout...but when the insurance company said I was no longer eligible for insurance I decided to look around to get it fixed elsewhere (2005 V6, so still worth having collision imo).

After reading some good reviews on EcoDent, I took it there and met with Sasha...who came in at almost exactly half of what the bigger shop quoted...and he did a great job.

He also had his neighbors at Chippy Auto Appearance take a look at the scratches on the hood that the car has had for quite some time...they said they couldn't get the scratches completely out, but that they could make it a lot better with a cut polish...and the price they quoted was so good I figured it was worth trying...turned out great, the scratches are essentially gone (and these were REALLY BAD scratches that other detail shops could not get out).

Both shops were great to deal with and did great work!
    Can you send me the contact info for Sasha and Chippy? Not sure if your sratches were deep but i have a couple i wouldnt mind getting rid of if possible.

Do you haev any before and after shots?

How easy is it to get out small minor dents?

My Ride
    Accord Coupe

Default Re: Re: Review of Dent & scratch removal

Originally posted by maxwinedog

Can you send me the contact info for Sasha and Chippy? Not sure if your sratches were deep but i have a couple i wouldnt mind getting rid of if possible.

Do you haev any before and after shots?

How easy is it to get out small minor dents?
    Just Google Calgary Eco Dent and Calgary Chippy Auto.
    Sorry, no pics, I should have taken some, but I have had the car detailed before, and there was no changeto the scratches...and after Chippy finished, you could barely tell the hood had been scratched...I was amazed how good it turned out.