Quantcast
Car Broken Into: Edgemont WHC - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Car Broken Into: Edgemont WHC

Default Car Broken Into: Edgemont WHC

Girlfriends car got broken into (smashed window) and robbed of all her stuff. It was in the World Health Club (Edgemont location) Parking lot. Just hoping anyone may of saw or heard of anything.

It was between 7pm-8pm on thursday night, May 19. We have camera images pending and I will post immediately when I receive them. Car is a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe. Blows my mind that these creeps do this stuff in broad daylight and in a high traffic parking lot.

Anyways, any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

edit:
    Wallet and some of her personal training equipment (TRX), glasses. Wallet had some vital belonging within. And yes, she did leave her wallet in her car and visible, .. live n' learn I guess.
    Last edited by colt22; 05-19-2011 at 09:30 PM.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Maybe let us know what was taken so people can keep an eye out for any recovered items.

My Ride
    2000 323i

Default Re: Car Broken Into: Edgemont WHC

Originally posted by colt22

edit:
    Wallet and some of her personal training equipment (TRX), glasses. Wallet had some vital belonging within. And yes, she did leave her wallet in her car and visible, .. live n' learn I guess.
    Yep, sucks for sure. I still smack anyone who would ever call that an excuse to steal.
    Mike

My Ride
    Lease

edit:
    At first I was surprise smashing a 2004 Santa Fe, but well of course... valuables in plain sight.

At least material things can be replaced.

My Ride
    09 WRX

Pics of GF or she doesn't exsist

My Ride
    6.2L V8

I can't believe people actually pull this in broad daylight. That scares the shit out of me.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

robbed of all her stuff.
    Should rephrase the robbed part :P

Same thing happened to me actually at WHC Edgemont in the front lot. They only stole a book of CDs though by cracking my doorhandle. Then stole a briefcase from another car.

They told me, the location of my car is where cameras wont reach and that it was a purple Geo Metro or something similar.

They actually have a notice posted at the front desk from when my car was broken into that you shouldn't keep your possessions in the car.

Since this has happens pretty frequently it seems, you think they would finally catch the person doing it.

I hope it works out better for your girlfriend!

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

edit:
    No one deserves to have their stuff stolen, but yeah, you're more or less asking for it leaving stuff out like this.

Default Re: Re: Car Broken Into: Edgemont WHC

Originally posted by Nissanaddict

Yep, sucks for sure. I still smack anyone who would ever call that an excuse to steal.
    It's not an excuse to steal but it's damn fuckin stupid to do...it's just a reality that there are crackheads in this city and YES they are desperate enough to break into your car in broad daylight with high traffic for your wallet if they see it...on top of that, even if they get caught, they'd just get a slap on the wrist. It is what it is. Don't leave your valuables in your car.

OP, you're looking for tips? Seriously, those crackheads are probably strung out in some alley in the NE after selling your gf's belongings...they'll get up tomorrow and do the same thing over again, if you're lucky maybe the cops will catch them in the act and they'll go to jail for a few days and then they'll come out and do the same thing over, there really is nothing you can do about it in this country. Buy better insurance? You want a tip? Get over it and use common sense next time to LOWER your risk of being victimized again.

My Ride
    TL

why are you giving him grief? his girlfriend goofed.

anyways, i'm sure he knows her mistakes, no reason to rag on him about it

My Ride
    14' 435i

Default Re: Re: Re: Car Broken Into: Edgemont WHC

Originally posted by Canucks3322

It's not an excuse to steal but it's damn fuckin stupid to do...it's just a reality that there are crackheads in this city and YES they are desperate enough to break into your car in broad daylight with high traffic for your wallet if they see it...on top of that, even if they get caught, they'd just get a slap on the wrist. It is what it is. Don't leave your valuables in your car.

OP, you're looking for tips? Seriously, those crackheads are probably strung out in some alley in the NE after selling your gf's belongings...they'll get up tomorrow and do the same thing over again, if you're lucky maybe the cops will catch them in the act and they'll go to jail for a few days and then they'll come out and do the same thing over, there really is nothing you can do about it in this country. Buy better insurance? You want a tip? Get over it and use common sense next time to LOWER your risk of being victimized again.

wow you're a douche inside and outside the canucks and flames threads...

good luck with any info you get from the cameras, once we get that beyond CSI can work our magic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Car Broken Into: Edgemont WHC

Originally posted by GOnSHO

wow you're a douche inside and outside the canucks and flames threads...

good luck with any info you get from the cameras, once we get that beyond CSI can work our magic
    How am I being a douche? beyond CSI?? Seriously? What are you guys hoping to accomplish by catching the theives?

Originally posted by Canucks3322

What are you guys hoping to accomplish by catching the theives?
    return of colt22's gf's property? plus justice?

go troll somewhere else douche