F-35 Lightning II Discussion - Page 43 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43

Thread: F-35 Lightning II Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    destroyed much of the military's capability both in funding cuts,
    FY2023 Defense Budget: $782B
    FY2017 Defense Budget: $646B

Defense budget has risen both nominally and as a percent of the budget. To quote Ricky Gervais: You’re talking shit, explain yourself.

My Ride
    ute

China has no ambition or plans to attack the US mainland, they want to section off their part of the Pacific/South China sea and make everything in those waters and the nations surrounding them be under their control. When they have done that, and they're well on their way, they'll have control of the busiest shipping lanes in the world and be able to hold at risk all the SLOC/sea lines of communication.

That's what the NGAD is for, to have a very long range gen 6 fighter that is capable of thwarting the Chinese armed forces should a conflict arise. Currently all of the US fighters and attack aircraft rely on tankers and other C3 aircraft in order to be able to fight a near peer adversary, especially in the South China Sea theater of operations. F35, F18SH, F22, etc, all have pretty short combat radius ranges - plus the bases the F22 would be based out of (Japan/Okinawa/Taiwan) would have their runways turned to shit by Chinese ballistic missiles, and in order to the the F35C carrier born planes close enough to do anything without massive tanker support would mean exposing the carrier and their battle group to insane risk due to the short ranges involved with that. Plus China has fielded some gen 5 aircraft now, of which the J20 is designed to target C3 aircraft with it's low observability, high speed, long range, and PL15 long range A2A missiles. The PLAN/Navy is building ships at a rate far outpacing the USA, and has some pretty advanced ships for air defense/etc right now. A lot of them, they'd easily outnumber anything the USN/Nato could bring in terms of fighting ships, probably by 5 to 1 or more.

NGAD will be able to operate from bases outside of range for Chinese countermeasures such as they are right now.

Also, I'd look to the Democrats long before the Republicans if you're worried about anyone flying the USA republic apart. In just two years the Dems have destroyed trillions in 401k $ from Americans, destroyed much of the military's capability both in funding cuts, and especially morale with their focus on spending more time on woke/PC training that actual training for their mission. That list goes on...

Jutes, I hadn't realized they finalized the deal for the Airbus tankers. Like I said, A models would require a new fleet of tankers, and based on that article the RCAF is getting that.
    China won't get the opportunity to be an actual strategic threat in the way you describe.

China has peaked already.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    FY2023 Defense Budget: $782B
    FY2017 Defense Budget: $646B

Defense budget has risen both nominally and as a percent of the budget. To quote Ricky Gervais: You’re talking shit, explain yourself.
    https://armedservices.house.gov/news...defense-budget

Biden’s proposed $773 billion defense budget is at least a 4% cut in real dollar spending power (after adjusting for “the official” 8% inflation rate). Hence, Biden’s proposed defense cuts encourage America’s geo-political foes to engage in nefarious military attacks around the world, thereby risking war. Biden’s poorly thought out real dollar defense spending cuts must be stopped.” April 4th, 2022
    Kertawhatever - every facet of the US military has had MASSIVE slashes in combat capability in both equipment and manpower. The US Navy's surface fleet ships are at an all time low in terms of availability - https://www.defensenews.com/naval/20...rcing-changes/

The US Marines have been forced into a "modernization" which has removed their entire armor/tanks capability, and had other major combat capabilities slashed as well (artillery etc). The air force has had numerous squadrons stood down.

The US military's ammunition stockpiles for a potential conflict is at an all time low, Javelin, Stinger, and other man portable missile systems after being sent to Ukraine will take 5+ years to rebuild to normal levels. https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine...rn-11661792188

I can go on.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Kert thinks browsing reddit makes him an expert on everything.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

At this point does Canada even need a military? Either the US will intervene with a foreign threat to the Arctic or blow by our own defenses if they invaded us.
    Ultracrepidarian

If the USA wants to police the world I'm fine with it. Just don't ask other nations for money to fund it, or get angry if it all goes bankrupt.

Don't be requiring me to pay for a Roman Legionaires sword and shield if I can't buy enough wood to keep warm for a winter. If you look at it though, it is insane how quiclkly warfare and weaponry has advanced in the last 2,000 years - and pathetically sad that people in Europe still burn wood.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-12-2023 at 09:33 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    At this point does Canada even need a military? Either the US will intervene with a foreign threat to the Arctic or blow by our own defenses if they invaded us.
    Aliens.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The US would know well before Canadians reported it from some backwater town. Caroline comes to mind
    Ultracrepidarian

https://armedservices.house.gov/news...defense-budget

Kertawhatever - every facet of the US military has had MASSIVE slashes in combat capability in both equipment and manpower. The US Navy's surface fleet ships are at an all time low in terms of availability - https://www.defensenews.com/naval/20...rcing-changes/

The US Marines have been forced into a "modernization" which has removed their entire armor/tanks capability, and had other major combat capabilities slashed as well (artillery etc). The air force has had numerous squadrons stood down.

The US military's ammunition stockpiles for a potential conflict is at an all time low, Javelin, Stinger, and other man portable missile systems after being sent to Ukraine will take 5+ years to rebuild to normal levels. https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine...rn-11661792188

I can go on.
    Maybe this is why they've increased the budget again since March, to $858B. https://www.armed-services.senate.go...nt_summary.pdf Pretty big increase form when the Dems took over the House in 2019, and when hey got control of the Senate in 2021.

The biggest threat to this increased spending on military is the group of House Republicans that are wanting to refuse to raise the debt ceiling and cause government shutdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Aliens.
    Eh they'll just use a dual vector foil on us.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Our military is going to be busy in Haiti for the next 10 years.

Putin will make a play on Haiti as a forward operating base. Cuba as a Russian ally holding Russian nukes was always the correct play to keep the USA in check.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Our military is going to be busy in Haiti for the next 10 years.
    What military. Sending in troops to kill poor, angry, black people is going to be great for optics, nevermind the endless body bags coming home from that shit hole.

Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  images (10).jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  7.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Marine Corps moment
    Name:  Screenshot_20230922_225430_Instagram.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  486.0 KB

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43