Quantcast
Screamin Paintworks rocks! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Screamin Paintworks rocks!

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

Default Screamin Paintworks rocks!

So as most of you already know, I've been getting body work done at a shop called Dreamin' Auto. Unfortunately I've recently started having issues with them...issues such as shotty workmanship, and their new estimator trying to rip me off. For example, quoted 14 hours for a job that every other bodyshop quoted me 6-7. As well as trying to charge me more hours....for instance I dropped my car off their one day at 9:45, picked it up at 12:45, 1 tech was working on the car, and they tried to charge me for 7 hours worth of work. Not impressed.

I decided to try out a shop that's been very popular on Beyond, called Screamin' Paintworks.

Both Dan and Dave have been extremely helpful, courteous, and professional.

Dan even stayed back late (until 8PM ) to help me custom pull a fender when i scrubbed a freshly shaved / rolled fender. He didn't ask me for a cent, just wanted to make sure myself and the car got home safely without further damage. I really appreciated this and I really want to tell everyone what a great shop this is. I highly recommend these guys, they won't let a customer walk out the door unhappy.

They'll also be painting my 2nd gen GS300, as well as putting on a Vertex aero kit and carbon hood.

Thanks again guys!
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

My Ride
    TYPE L

to Dan and Dave they have helped me sooooo much over the years and have always done a great job.

My Ride

If you guys want specifics of why I don't recommend dreamin auto, or specifics to show you all of the information I'm sharing is factual, I'll be glad to post it up.
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

My Ride
    your mom

I've also had some bad experiences with Dreamin'. Some of the newer staff at the shop forgot that Calgary is a still a small town where everyone knows everyone and that the enthusiast community is an even smaller group. There's still some good people at the shop, but it's a slippery slope downhill when word of mouth is your business... Without going into more detail than that, I'd say you guys would be better off taking your business to another shop.

Originally posted by Arash
    Im not an idiot...

My Ride
    Honda

Pics of Vertex! Post those up!

My Ride

Not done yet :P

I took the kit and hood over to their shop yesterday, when I get my other car back on the road I can take the GS in for bodywork.

My Ride
    Lease

Default Re: Screamin Paintworks rocks!

Originally posted by JZS_147
    for instance I dropped my car off their one day at 9:45, picked it up at 12:45, 1 tech was working on the car, and they tried to charge me for 7 hours worth of work. Not impressed.

Without a shadow of doubt Dave and Dan are the fucking man.

But just to be fair, that's called being flat rate shops. A job/task is quoted at a particular bill-able hour, doesn't matter how long or short a tech completes that task. (quality aside)

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

no shop I've ever seen would try to claim to have a flat rate for custom work. my 0.02
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride

I understand how flat rate works....this is not an insurance job. Dreamin also pays their employees hourly.

And like Go4Long says, there is no flat rate for custom work, it was agreed upon that I was just paying their hourly rate.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS300

Toldya lol Dan just repainted my front bumper. On his day off

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

^if you dont mind me asking, how much did they charge you to paint the bumper? i'm thinking of repainting my bumper and hood (same color, just lots of rock chips) this summer. i just want to get an idea on how much they charge.

My Ride
    TSX

Dave just painted and installed a brand new front bumper for my Accord. Did a great job! Everything was done on time and very willing to accommodate. Would definitely go back to them.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS300

you got pm

Originally posted by aypi
    ^if you dont mind me asking, how much did they charge you to paint the bumper? i'm thinking of repainting my bumper and hood (same color, just lots of rock chips) this summer. i just want to get an idea on how much they charge.

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

Glad your experience went well. Ive been waiting 3 weeks for a quote.

My Ride

yes, they are a very busy shop, with only 2 guys doing everything, maybe just give them a call back and a reminder.

I'm gonna be needing some paint done, I'll for sure have to get a quote for them. Looking forward too it now. Thanks for sharing.

P.s your cars are badass. Just sayin'
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.