Quantcast
New Canadian Justice system hanges - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Canadian Justice system hanges

Default New Canadian Justice system hanges

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted already.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/05...ustice-system/

Personally in favour of almost all the new legislation that they are pushing for...
    J

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

A year in jail for selling some crushed up plants to your friends. lol

All these 'new laws' mean in real life is that the government will be spending more money on an already bulky and retarded system that doesn't work.

If I'm someone who wants to make some money at any cost, and I see these new laws, you know what's going through my mind?

I have nothing to lose, this is the best shit ever, now I don't have to be a competitive drug dealer, I just have to be a SNEAKY drug dealer.
    All these laws are doing is creating a Darwinian sort of drug dealer selection, the laws will only weed out (no pun intended) the easy to catch criminals. They will produce a pile of highly skilled and highly illusive criminals that are smart and know every way to reduce their risk of being caught.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 05-23-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Communist China made marijuana illegal as well.

Totalitarianism usually involves restriction of liberty. Paranoid leaders with superiority complexes are a *very* bad mix with marijuana, everyone else who has a "normal" psyche - loves the stuff.

I'd expect the PC government to make Silver and Gold illegal as currency (even though silver is to Canada's benefit) Probably a jailable offense is my guess. If lucky we might be able to keep $100 of gold per person - the rest will be confiscated.

Harper appears to want to go after "tax evaders" (IE: Offshore gold holders) Little does he want to acknowledge - that the biggest tax evaders of all are the Federal banks which have control over printing of US currency, including the Saudi banks.

"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws." Mater Amschel Rothschild

Marijuana, gold and silver as currencies being far more valuable than a paper US or Canadian dollar.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-23-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Originally posted by Modelexis
    A year in jail for selling some crushed up plants to your friends. lol

All these 'new laws' mean in real life is that the government will be spending more money on an already bulky and retarded system that doesn't work.

If I'm someone who wants to make some money at any cost, and I see these new laws, you know what's going through my mind?

I have nothing to lose, this is the best shit ever, now I don't have to be a competitive drug dealer, I just have to be a SNEAKY drug dealer.
    All these laws are doing is creating a Darwinian sort of drug dealer selection, the laws will only weed out (no pun intended) the easy to catch criminals. They will produce a pile of highly skilled and highly illusive criminals that are smart and know every way to reduce their risk of being caught.
    Well if prohibition of alcohol in the US was any indicator, all it will do is make one criminal organization much richer and much more powerful than the police state.

People will follow what they want, if the mandate of the government is no longer what they want - the government (and associated law enforcement) will lose power.

If its Harpers intention to strengthen the drug industry by weeding out the weak hands. That might be a conspiracy theory worthy of note.

And if he builds 10x more jails (to catchup to the US) then Harper may find out very quickly that he will soon have 20x more inmates.

Personally - I think Rob Anders should be in jail.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-23-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

I, like 60% of the voting population voted against Harper!

^^ If you truly voted against someone, I feel sorry for you.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by lasimmon
    I feel sorry for people that condescend to others that do not vote in a way that they don't agree with.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 05-23-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Silverado

i think what he meant was how do you vote against someone?

i dont understand how you can grow weed and get 6 months. but sell some in a school and recieve 2 years automatically.

it also said more than 5 plants with intent to distribute. so if your growing it for yourself its all good
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 05-23-2011 at 08:51 PM.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    i think what he meant was how do you vote against someone?
    nope

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I have no problem with the new laws, to be honest. I don't street race, I don't use weed, I don't do drugs, and I have no record to speak of, so I'm fine with all the new legislation.

Cue the beyonder that will retaliate with "zomg police state..."
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 05-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Geek

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    On the subject: I have no problem with the new laws, to be honest. I don't street race, I don't use weed, I don't do drugs, and I have no record to speak of, so I'm fine with all the new legislation.
    What if you did choose to smoke dope, or do drugs?
    You also wouldn't have a problem with a gay marriage ban if you were straight, but that doesn't mean a law is moral and you should shrug your shoulders and wait until they create laws that affect you directly.

You also wouldn't have a problem with a gay marriage ban if you were straight, but that doesn't mean the law is moral and you should shrug your shoulders and wait until they create laws that affect you directly.
    Good thing people like yourself are looking out for the rest of us. Keep fighting the good fight

Do I do drugs? No. Do I care if other people do drugs? Not really as long as they don't become an problem for people not doing them. Do I support laws that hammer growers? Absolutely, I sure as fuck don't want to potentially buy a grow op when I'm home shopping

My Ride
    anything that comes along

You also wouldn't have a problem with a gay marriage ban if you were straight, but that doesn't mean a law is moral and you should shrug your shoulders and wait until they create laws that affect you directly.
    Welcome to politics, you pick and choose your battles unfortunately.

I agree with pretty much everything on that list besides the drug changes, unfortunately its a loss that I'll have to take in exchange for significant gains.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Good thing people like yourself are looking out for the rest of us. Keep fighting the good fight

Do I do drugs? No. Do I care if other people do drugs? Not really as long as they don't become an problem for people not doing them. Do I support laws that hammer growers? Absolutely, I sure as fuck don't want to potentially buy a grow op when I'm home shopping
    There is only a million and one ways to inspect a home for mold and damage from growing plants.
    What If you buy a house that was used as an indoor green house to grow tulips?
    Would you want to send that person to prison as well?

Your argument evaporates when you put 2 seconds of thought into it. If you use your brain and think logically it really goes a long way.

Originally posted by lasimmon
    I didn't agree with any of the party platforms and I felt that a Conservative majority would be the worst thing for the country. So yes, I voted against Harper/the conservatives and for the party most likely to be the opposition.

There is only a million and one ways to inspect a home for mold and damage from growing plants.
    What If you buy a house that was used as an indoor green house to grow tulips?
    Would you want to send that person to prison as well?

Your argument evaporates when you put 2 seconds of thought into it. If you use your brain and think logically it really goes a long way.
    No matter how you look at it, people are selfish in how they vote, values they support, etc etc. Myself, I don't do drugs and I've seen the damage they can do, so I don't care if they crucify addicts/growers/users. Do I think that grow ops could have a potential negative effect on me personally? Probably not, but do I want to live in one, beside one, etc? Hell no and I think most people would agree.

Is that fair? Probably not, but the conservative government has always taken a strong stance on this; a vote took place, and more people agreed then disagreed.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I am straighter than an arrow, and I absolutely detest gay marriage bans. They are disgusting and anti-human. They are demeaning and based on archaic definitions. The Greeks and the Romans had it right, in terms of love, at least. Love is love, no matter who you show it towards, and there should be no discrimination, EVER, for ANY reason, on sexual preference, least of all. But I digress...

I will never choose to smoke dope, or do drugs. End of story.

I'm not just shrugging my shoulders. Let me reiterate what I said before in stronger language: I SUPPORT the new laws. It's part of the reason I voted FOR the Conservatives. I researched all the platforms, emailed representatives, attended open floor debates and meetings, and made my vote based on an informed background. Sadly, I was probably in the 3% or so of people that actually did that, instead of just voting the expected party election after election after election.

So let me say it again: If you're going to grow weed to sell, then yes, you should do the time for the crime. If you're going to be a dumbfuck and race on the street instead of on the track, guess what: YOU GO TO JAIL. And I'm fine with that.

If anything, the only one I'm even halfway concerned about is the internet monitoring law. However, I understand it to be aimed at malicious and criminal intent, not the regular internet user (ie: me )

WEED CAVEAT: If you're growing for personal medicinal usage, with proper clearances and prescriptions, then I have no problem with that. There are some conditions that are just so painful that opiates or marijuana are the only real medical solutions, and as long as the weed is obtained that way, then I'll let it be.
    Geek

My Ride
    oooo

As long as people that go around touching little kids get more then community service I'm for it. The guy that killed the entire family DUI in a concrete truck is already before the parole board... total BS.

To compare anything to communist China is completely retarded. My (chineese) secretaries uncle got in a car accident and when he got to the hospital they demanded money. His family couldn't pay so they refused surgery and he died.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Originally posted by Vagabond142

I am straighter than an arrow, and I absolutely detest gay marriage bans. They are disgusting and anti-human. They are demeaning and based on archaic definitions. The Greeks and the Romans had it right, in terms of love, at least. Love is love, no matter who you show it towards, and there should be no discrimination, EVER, for ANY reason, on sexual preference, least of all. But I digress...

I will never choose to smoke dope, or do drugs. End of story.

I'm not just shrugging my shoulders. Let me reiterate what I said before in stronger language: I SUPPORT the new laws. It's part of the reason I voted FOR the Conservatives. I researched all the platforms, emailed representatives, attended open floor debates and meetings, and made my vote based on an informed background. Sadly, I was probably in the 3% or so of people that actually did that, instead of just voting the expected party election after election after election.

So let me say it again: If you're going to grow weed to sell, then yes, you should do the time for the crime. If you're going to be a dumbfuck and race on the street instead of on the track, guess what: YOU GO TO JAIL. And I'm fine with that.

If anything, the only one I'm even halfway concerned about is the internet monitoring law. However, I understand it to be aimed at malicious and criminal intent, not the regular internet user (ie: me )

WEED CAVEAT: If you're growing for personal medicinal usage, with proper clearances and prescriptions, then I have no problem with that. There are some conditions that are just so painful that opiates or marijuana are the only real medical solutions, and as long as the weed is obtained that way, then I'll let it be.
    I don't get why you would care if somebody else chooses to grow or smoke weed? I don't see how it's incredibly different from that and Alcohol/Nicotine/Caffeine use?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by J-D

I don't get why you would care if somebody else chooses to grow or smoke weed? I don't see how it's incredibly different from that and Alcohol/Nicotine/Caffeine use?
    Personal opinion. I'm friends with lots of people that smoke weed. Doesn't mean I approve of it, nor does it mean I condone it. But I'm not gonna stop them using it, nor am I going to counsel them otherwise because I know they all have their own rights to choice.

However, GROWING it is what my concern is about. Fine line, I know, but that's my opinion.
    Geek

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast