Quantcast
Lien on car..lol - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lien on car..lol

My Ride
    99 ITR

Default Lien on car..lol

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ284557775

Just came across this..kind made me laugh. How do people get them selves in these situations "i don't know what a lien is".

Edit: Read add again and it makes sense, my bad.
    Last edited by Kittens11; 05-23-2011 at 11:05 PM.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Saw this too, can someone please get in contact with this fool and explain to him that he's a moron for buying it in the first place and try to get some background info. I'm actually curious how much the lien is for and how much he expects to actually sell it for with a lien on it.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

From reading the ad... it seems that he knows what a lien is...

Unless you're talking about the original owner, that this person bought the car from?
    Geek

haha, what is with the "...with the intent of pulling the engine and putting it in my SS", uhhh ok. That is one confused individual!!

My Ride
    Lease

It doesn't fully give the impression that he didn't know there's a lien before he purchased it... I read it as HE has a lien on a car he bought and asking the reader to look into his lien before buying (pretty much he's saying buyer beware)

Arguing over the internet is like cheering on the Oilers. Win or lose, you're still a dumbass.

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    you mack daddy

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I bought this car from the original owner with the intent of pulling the engine and putting it in my SS but I have found a fully built engine I am going to use instead

There is a lien on the car. Not sure how much or why, but there is one. If you are not sure what a lien is... please do not message me
    I read that as: "I bought this car knowing it had a lien on it. I was going to use the engine from it but now I don't need to, so it's up for sale. If you don't know what a lien is, don't bid"

Geek

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

Originally posted by Vagabond142

I read that as: "I bought this car knowing it had a lien on it. I was going to use the engine from it but now I don't need to, so it's up for sale. If you don't know what a lien is, don't bid"

X2
    I thought it was pretty clear.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    99 ITR

Now that i have reread the add it makes sense. Still curious does the lean have to be paid of before the title can be transferred?

My Ride
    This and that.

Title's can be transferred even with a lien. The bank or whoever loaned the money on the car will go after who ever is on the title. They are only concerned with their money and not who gives it to them.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

The way it looks to me, he is implying its a parts car.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Jesus... I would NEVER buy a car with a lien on it.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Jesus... I would NEVER buy a car with a lien on it.
    I think "Not sure how much or why" kills the deal.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by derpderp
    The way it looks to me, he is implying its a parts car.
    That is basically the only option, unless you are willing to pay off the lien. Because once you register the car in your name, which you are able to do legally, the lien holder now knows where the car is to go get it. They come reposes the car, and you are out the cash you paid for it.

The real question someone should be asking this guy is, how much the lien is for, and if someone wants to screw the guy over, notify the lien holder and they can go reposes the car...
    Last edited by spikerS; 05-24-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

well, I emailed the guy, if someone wants to check the lien on the car, here is the VIN on it.

1G1AP12P457654653
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by spikers

That is basically the only option, unless you are willing to pay off the lien. Because once you register the car in your name, which you are able to do legally, the lien holder now knows where the car is to go get it. They come reposes the car, and you are out the cash you paid for it.

The real question someone should be asking this guy is, how much the lien is for, and if someone wants to screw the guy over, notify the lien holder and they can go reposes the car...
    I guess that leaves only one major inconsistency. The guy states he has no idea how much the lien is for. Who in their right mind would ever purchase a car with a lien on it without knowing how much that lien is for. That just seems like hes asking for trouble. And on that same note, I would think that unless he was marketing it strictly as a parts car (which he doesn't seem to be) the selling price would be completely dictated by the remaining amount on the lien thus the seller should really know something like that (what if the lien was near the value of the car, the seller would have to give away the car unless he trapped some ignorant fool)

Maybe he is BSing about not knowing and the lien is large because it seems to me that you would be better off buying the car for super cheap and paying off the lien than buying the car and swapping the SC engine to another SS

BTW how the hell would someone end up with a lien on a 2005 cobalt, not like payments on something like that would be very big......

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by J-hop

I guess that leaves only one major inconsistency. The guy states he has no idea how much the lien is for. Who in their right mind would ever purchase a car with a lien on it without knowing how much that lien is for. That just seems like hes asking for trouble. And on that same note, I would think that unless he was marketing it strictly as a parts car (which he doesn't seem to be) the selling price would be completely dictated by the remaining amount on the lien thus the seller should really know something like that (what if the lien was near the value of the car, the seller would have to give away the car unless he trapped some ignorant fool)

Maybe he is BSing about not knowing and the lien is large because it seems to me that you would be better off buying the car for super cheap and paying off the lien than buying the car and swapping the SC engine to another SS

BTW how the hell would someone end up with a lien on a 2005 cobalt, not like payments on something like that would be very big......
    Well, if you have no morals, there are a couple options. If I was a mechanic, and a customer needed their car fixed, and i could make the engine in that cobalt work, I might buy it as a parts car. The lien holder would never find it if it was never registered again. the other option would be to grab a VIN tag off of another black cobalt and put it on this car.

This car sale is meant for the slime bags, and that is what this guy is hoping to attract, or the utterly stupid person that thinks that they buy the car, it is theirs, regardless of the lien, and will be in a big surprise, and then post on beyond asking for help.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    335i

This guy wants you to buy a $4000 cobalt and part it. He's not an idiot, he's a scumbag. He knows that the car is worthless unless someone is going to take it for parts and throw out the rest. That's why he's selling it for $4k. His intention is to attract someone who needs the drivetrain - the rest of the car is a bonus at that price.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    E.L

Ran history. Nothing on it regarding the amount of the lien. It does however show that the car ended up at an auto auction. Possibly bank repo-ed.

My Ride
    92 Civic-t, 01 VW Golf TDI

another reason he is a slimeball is because he states that you CAN register the car... but doesnt state that only after this lein is payed off, you would have to attempt to register it to find out how much the lein is for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast