Quantcast
RX7 specialties - Your thoughts - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RX7 specialties - Your thoughts

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    After meeting Conroy and seeing the work he does with RX7's (especially the chumpcar racer his team prepped), I couldn't imagine taking one anywhere besides 4Kruzen Motorsports. He's located in Spruce Grove though... but if you need rotary help, he IS the man!

pictures speak 1000 words... old grandpa drift know how to build... and drive

gt car... i believe its banned from stratotech for being too awesome

he use to drift it too.... but its too awesome now

and he gets the ladies too

now i ask you.... what does adam do besides grease up his hair with 10w30 every morning?

My Ride
    66mm Inducer

Do you just want to pay and get it done? Why don't you build it yourself?

When I turned 16 over 15years ago my first ride was a Turbo II, I had Adam rebuild it for me after it popped. He did an okay job, after it popped the 2nd time, he taught me how to rebuild the motor myself. Two years ago I went and bought the last rotary gasket sets in Calgary and actually ended up selling him a few of what I stocked up on. After his partner 'Al' left after Adam went through his divorce which made him the abrasive person he is. If you want to get along with him you need to show him the cash money. Adam is straight with his word, just make sure you get a QUOTE first.

Bottom line: Turbosmart makes the rotor housings so you don't have to try and find some in decent condition to get them machined. Build it yourself. 13B's are easy to build and find parts for. Adam claims his machining process is one of a kind, I don't think it is.

I remember seeing that blue rex win the drift comp at scc a couple years ago, great car.

Originally posted by veedubin69
    Bottom line: Turbosmart makes the rotor housings so you don't have to try and find some in decent condition to get them machined. Build it yourself. 13B's are easy to build and find parts for. Adam claims his machining process is one of a kind, I don't think it is.
    What?

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

So...

OP, how much was this rolling chassis?
    Beyond's Most Wanted

i was just evesdropping on the other call he was on (while i was on hold). I think the guys wanted 4K but adam said they go for more like $1500. So i am guessing somewhere inbetween that.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Message user "syritis"

He worked for Adam at RX7 Specialties for years and was building quite a number of the cars there.

He can tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly on Adam.

Default Re: Re: RX7 specialties - Your thoughts

Originally posted by soloracer

My question would be why he is pushing you to buy a rolling chassis as opposed to an actual running car that you can test drive and have inspected before being committed to purchase? Once you start down the path he has recommended you are on the hook - not a wise move on your part. Much better if he builds the car first, lists it for sale with a set asking price and allows buyers to test drive and have it inspected.
    Exactly what I thought, he just wants to rid of the chassis and then make a good buck 'building' your rotary.

Being a rolling shell before you know it, you will need this that and the other that wasnt included w the 'rolling shell'

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
    I wouldnt use him, dig in the forums like said above. I had experiences with him...i wont discuss them...but it really depends what day you catch him on. From what i hear, shit went south real fast when his partner left years ago. He can be a nice guy, or a complete douche, depends on what day you catch him. He has personal issues...and we will leave it at that.

find somebody else.

I question whether or not the work he did for me a few years back was done right. Depending on the day he could be great or something completly different.
    I would personally never visit his shop or buy anything ever again from him.

I stopped supporting Adam for a few years myself, but his new found inspiration has brought out the better side of himself again.
    He's a very good salesman. He's very upfront about what the price and what he has/can/will do to a motor.
    if you wanna know specific details you can PM me before this thread turns into a flame fest.
    but honestly i'd call or go in and talk to him a bit, you'll love him or hate him. either way i suggest you make up your own mind before listening to hear say rumors from years far past.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

It's no secret I can't stand Adam or his shop. Search this forum and others and you'll find that.

I always preface my statements now by saying the things I've seen happened a few years ago, but I've seen inside motors he's built, and I can't "unsee" those things. My opinion has always been he could probably build a decent motor if he wanted to, but what I've seen is that he often rushes builds and uses out of spec parts to save $$$ while charging the customer top dollar. I've seen him sell things to people who didn't need it, I've seen porting he did that looked like a handicapped kid let a die grinder rattle around in the ports for an hour. Again stuff a few years back but I can't in good conscience ever recommend anybody take their car there or buy any vehicle that he's had his hands on.

I don't know much about Conroy so I can't say, here's one thing though his shop puts out cars you "know" about, he drives cars he builds. When was the last time you saw an "RX-7 Specialties Shop Car"? Lol!!! When was the last time you saw Adam drive an RX-7? Something weird about that. Although Soloracer has an interesting story about when Adam brought his 3 rotor out to an exotic track day lol, lets just say it kept the mosquitoes at bay
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

are you cyber stalking me just to contradict everything i say about this shop?

PS, his Shop car has been a slow build for many years, he finally decided to get it running and from what i'm told it is road ready now, but there are bigger plans for the car soon.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Originally posted by syritis

PS, his Shop car has been a slow build for many years, he finally decided to get it running and from what i'm told it is road ready now, but there are bigger plans for the car soon.
    Slow build? Like 15 years? I could care less about the car or what he does with it. The only part that seems a little dishonest is how the car is/was featured on the website as making 600+ hp when the truth is after the exotic guys made fun of it for running poorly nobody has ever seen it driven again. The last time I saw it was 10 years ago with an inch of dust all over it. It has been "rumoured" be ready to go for years now. It would be cool to have a 3 Rotor turbo RX7 on the road but based on past history I wouldn't hold my breath on that car turning a wheel any time soon.

I don't know Conroy at all but like rx7_turbo2 said at least you know or have heard about his cars.

Rumors, rumors, hearsay, hearsay....tiring to say the least. 10 year grudges against that shop? Get over it.

Adam had some rough times in his life that hindered his business, no need to get into any details. Last bit of info I received was he is changing his ways, and is following through with it. If everyone spent as much time cleaning their own closet before someone elses, this would be a much more manageable world.

I also support ForceFed Performance - Marko has tuned world class rotary's and Supras. He currently holds a nice record set 3 days ago - 8.40 @ 167 with stock pistons in his Supra.

http://forcefedracing.ca/

NOTE: He will be at the Indy in Edmonton with his fleet (hopefully) so he can be approached there about a possible, serious build.

My Ride
    93 integra

I hate how my want for another fc keeps being re-ignited...Sigh I almost got a mint, no rust, roller the other day but it got sent to the kidney foundation before i could skoop it up...

I really didn't know there were other rx7 tuners in alberta other than rx7 specialties which has been one of the main deciding factors in not getting another fc for me....

Such beautiful cars. Second Gen FTW.

Boosted_tl some of the cars on that site you posted are sick.

Originally posted by syritis

I'm not sure I contradicted anything you said. I agree with most of what you said about Adam and his shop. Sorry of it looked like I was "stalking" you lol not my intention.

I have NOT seen ANY recent work he's done or his shop has completed. Although I'd be skeptical, maybe he made somewhat of a turn around, dunno never claimed to know. Just talking about the things I saw years ago.

As for the shop car I'll believe it when I see it I've never heard more bullshit claims about a car in my life! That was kind of my point, look at Conroy, I don't know much about the guy but I know about cars he's built and driven himself.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by Boosted_TL
    Rumors, rumors, hearsay, hearsay....tiring to say the least. 10 year grudges against that shop? Get over it.
    Rumors? What rumors have been spread in this thread?
    Hearsay? Again what hearsay?

This idea that the crappy work he did years ago should be forgotten because a few years have gone by and he's "changed" makes me giggle. Nothing makes the crappy work and the tough times he had go away, that's what happens when you provide service to the public. Yikes how hard is that to understand lol.

I've given my opinion on his shop, I've been clear about the timeline. In the end if someone chooses to use Adam and his shop after doing their research, weighing the options, understanding the issues, great! I'm just trying to help them make the most informed decision they can that's all. No grudge, not any more, got too old for that.
    Toma the homophobe?

So you should be branded for life because of rough times and what trickled down to your business because of them? Perfect.

Back to the OP:

I would seriously suggest not asking this forum anything car related. Unless, you have a Honda of course. A large quantity of Walmart tuners around here with absolutely nothing relative or informative to contribute.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

So you should be branded for life because of rough times and what trickled down to your business because of them? Perfect.
    YES, welcome to real life. keep your business and personal life separate or deal with the consequences

Back to the OP:

I would seriously suggest not asking this forum anything car related. Unless, you have a Honda of course. A large quantity of Walmart tuners around here with absolutely nothing relative or informative to contribute.
    you do realize you are a member of this forum right?

people like you piss me off. "oh beyond is full of ricers" "oh so you are not on that forum?" "no... i post on it" guess what? .... pot, kettle.

Adam had some rough times in his life that hindered his business, no need to get into any details. Last bit of info I received was he is changing his ways, and is following through with it. If everyone spent as much time cleaning their own closet before someone elses, this would be a much more manageable world...........
    Your name sounded familiar, so ran a quick search and now know why. You had a RHD RX-7 that you were going to get work done on (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=112349).

It was mentioned you were going to take it to RX-7 Specialties. If you did take it to them, it would be good to hear your experience and details on the work. It would add more to this thread, versus making excuses for other people's bad experience with the place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast