Quantcast
Which coilovers to get? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Which coilovers to get?

My Ride
    89 240SX

Default Which coilovers to get?

I am looking for some coilovers for an S13 240sx. Since my price range is about $1000, I was able to find these two sets online. However, I am not really sure what the differences are between the two. Would someone with suspension experience chime in? They are both adjustable, so that's good. The main purpose is for street driving, but I am looking for something that can take corners well. I will not be using them for drifting.

Thanks

(1) http://www.frsport.com/Tein-DSP04-LU...-_p_21184.html

(2) http://www.frsport.com/Megan-Racing-...13_p_2341.html
    Last edited by coupesx; 05-25-2011 at 04:53 PM.

My Ride
    Jzz30, beater, go fast bike

they are pretty close to the same, basic tein coilovers should be cheaper, like around 800 dollars, just basic height adjustment depending on how low you go will determine how rough the ride will be.

should be fine around corners, if you are just going to daily drive the car and want to drop it both are a good choice, i had teins on my integra and im getting megans for my soarer, but teins tend to get rusty, i dont know if thats just me but most ive seen seem to be pretty worn out.
    You've been ruining everybody's life and eating all our steak.

My Ride
    89 240SX

Thanks for input. Right now I'm looking at the Megans probably. This is a pretty noob question, but if I want to achieve the flush look with the wheels, what else do I need besides the adjustable coils? Or is that it? Do I need to do some more research on wheel sizing to find out which would look best for a 'flush' look?

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

wheel sizing and offset of the wheels will also determine your 'flush' look you are trying to achieve. (mainly offset though cause a 7 inch wide rim with +25 offset will sit differently than a 9 inch wide rim with +25 offset i'm pretty sure.)

Megans and a can of fluid film for corrosion protection for street use. They are durable coilovers, and come with adjustable top mounts with a heims pillow ball mount unlike the tein basics which do not, so you have to use your ragity old worn ones or chime up and pay $60+ each for new ones.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

I just bought a new UK based coilover called HSD's for my GTR and I can't even describe how much better they feel then the tein suupstreets I had on my prelude.

I would highly advise against buying teins. First of all, my left front coilover would squeak of ANYTHING! Just the weoght of the door closing or people getting in the car it was awful. One of the rear dampening adjustments also never even worked, but I found that out after I had them on the car and sold my stock suspension, so there was no sending them back.