Quantcast
Oxycodone Addiction - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oxycodone Addiction

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Default Oxycodone Addiction

It appears my roommate has found himself an addiction. It would seem their is pretty typical signs, he is high everyday, goes through withdrawals and says things like "Oh I hate that stuff I'm done with it" and is high by the end of the night.

What should I do? How bad can this stuff get? I'm going to school and I don't want to be in this environment.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

move. he is just a roommate, not a good friend. if he was, your question would be, how can I help him, not, how do i get out of this environment.

for more information, there is a whole thread about about Oxycontin in ask leo.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

Originally posted by spikers
    move. he is just a roommate, not a good friend. if he was, your question would be, how can I help him, not, how do i get out of this environment.
    He is a good friend, but I fear it is to soon to do anything about it, he'll be nothing but denial at this stage. I figure a person isn't going to realize what they are doing is harmful until their addiction causes an issue or two, like a person moving out on them or losing a job for drugs; you know stuff that will show them what they are doing is impeding their life.

It isn't like he isn't being respectable about it, I am curious how bad this stuff can get because I don't want to end up on the street because of someone elses addictions. As I said its already become a daily thing, how much would a daily addiction to this stuff cost a person?
    Last edited by derpderp; 05-26-2011 at 08:28 PM.

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Originally posted by derpderp

He is a good friend, but I fear it is to soon to do anything about it, he'll be nothing but denial at this stage. I figure a person isn't going to realize what they are doing is harmful until their addiction causes an issue or two, like a person moving out on them or losing a job for drugs; you know stuff that will show them what they are doing is impeding their life.

It isn't like he isn't being respectable about it, I am curious how bad this stuff can get because I don't want to end up on the street because of someone elses addictions. As I said its already become a daily thing, how much would a daily addiction to this stuff cost a person?
    10 dollars

My Ride

lol, that was a straight forward answer. I know it self-centered but I am concerned for my own well-being, as I said I am a student and I just barely get by, I can't have any instability in my life. He has a girl over right now and one thing I do fear is this place turning into a drug hangout.

But, yes it does concern me because it is a friend, but I am not a drug prude and if he isn't shoving needles in his arm or doing any other sketchy shit and functioning I'll probably just leave it alone. I do have an additional question, what are the chances stuff like this can kill a person?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

so, it is a good friend, and your first thoughts are how YOU can get out of the situation. wow.

Originally posted by derpderp

If he is a good friend, it is NEVER to soon to intervene. I can't believe you put that up there. You sure he is a good friend? If you can't grow a set and confront your "good friend" about it, take my advise and move out. you yourself said it would take that for him to realize it.

again, check out the thread in ask leo, or

Oxycontin Addiction, specifically the second link
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride

so, it is a good friend, and your first thoughts are how YOU can get out of the situation. wow.

If he is a good friend, it is NEVER to soon to intervene. I can't believe you put that up there. You sure he is a good friend? If you can't grow a set and confront your "good friend" about it, take my advise and move out. you yourself said it would take that for him to realize it.

again, check out the thread in ask leo, or

Oxycontin Addiction, specifically the second link [/B]
    I guess the reason I don't take this to seriously is because I am not the type of person who takes drugs usage seriously, the stuff is harmful but if a person can function I respect their decisions but it isn't for myself. Like I said it isn't like he is putting needles in his arm and pawning his belongs for drug money.

But I'll possibly consider just bringing it up with him when he is sober. I already commented on it before and had figured it was possible that he had got over it already when he was talking about not doing it anymore but was high again by the end of the night.

Thanks for the link.

My Ride
    Horse

it is an extremely bad addiction actually, and he will only get worse, there is no just stopping, your body gets extremely dependant on it.

tell him if he is too far to get clean by himself and has to resort to using methadone, tell him to look into Ibogain treatments, they are expensive but extremely effective.

It is a natural occuring psychoactive and has an 80-90% success rate with a single treatment, the thing is you have to go somewhere that specializes in it, there is a couple places in canada.

http://www.myeboga.com/providers.html
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Who are you to talk down to him? It's common sense that you take care of YOUR SITUATION FIRST and then provide assistance when your own well being is taken care of.

There's nothing wrong with him wanting to ensure that he has a way out should his friend sink further down the Oxy-laden path.

You can't save someone who's drowning if you can't swim.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Actually, it will eventually be your shit he is pawning off for the high. No joke. Either help him now, or GTFO. If things are that tight for you and you can't afford the risk, change your living situation for your own well being, and continue being a friend and still help him. It's not a one sided gig.

Welcome to the sacrifices in life. Either sacrifice your lifestyle and education for the hopeful betterment of a friend, or sacrifice a friendship for your own personal well being. They may both work out either way, but you have to decide what is more important to you.
    Last edited by Kona9; 05-26-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by A790

Who are you to talk down to him? It's common sense that you take care of YOUR SITUATION FIRST and then provide assistance when your own well being is taken care of.

There's nothing wrong with him wanting to ensure that he has a way out should his friend sink further down the Oxy-laden path.

You can't save someone who's drowning if you can't swim.
    easy white night!

read back to his first post. it reads "my room mate is addicted to oxy, I don't want to be around it."

I don't know about you, but room mates in my day were people I shared rent with. good friends that lived with me were people I cared about.

note, that in my initial post. He then clarifies that it is a good friend, but again, while the initial solution is pretty obvious and moving out away from the situation, he shows absolutely no concern for his "good friend", no questions of how do I help him, what resources are available to us, how do I approach him in getting help, it is just more of, "i don't want to be around this shit." seems like a pretty selfish attitude to have when your "good friend" is going down the path of addiction, and your only question is, how bad can it get?

so yes, my opinion was just that. Wow. don't like it? fine, but peddle the white knight shit somewhere else. never mind the fact i pointed him to resources to help the OP as well as his roommate.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Junkies can't be trusted, you have been warned!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Kona9
    Actually, it will eventually be your shit he is pawning off for the high. No joke. Either help him now, or GTFO.

I have had two buddies die from oxy overdoses - If you can live with yourself knowing you could have done something (at least tried), then you should just move out.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Addicts always say it's never that bad, they are not addicted and they can quit anytime. It becomes a disease and eventually they have no control over it.
    There is a point where you can talk to them but if they are not prepared to accept the truth and admit they have a problem - there is nothing you can do.

You can try talking but I would advise you to look for another place to stay. His issues will become your issues, it's a matter of when, not if.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

easy white night!

read back to his first post. it reads "my room mate is addicted to oxy, I don't want to be around it."

I don't know about you, but room mates in my day were people I shared rent with. good friends that lived with me were people I cared about.

note, that in my initial post. He then clarifies that it is a good friend, but again, while the initial solution is pretty obvious and moving out away from the situation, he shows absolutely no concern for his "good friend", no questions of how do I help him, what resources are available to us, how do I approach him in getting help, it is just more of, "i don't want to be around this shit." seems like a pretty selfish attitude to have when your "good friend" is going down the path of addiction, and your only question is, how bad can it get?

so yes, my opinion was just that. Wow. don't like it? fine, but peddle the white knight shit somewhere else. never mind the fact i pointed him to resources to help the OP as well as his roommate.
    I'm not white knighting anything, it's common sense. You have to draw the line somewhere, and when it comes to my living situation, I'm going to make sure that I'm in a position where I know that, regardless of where my friend/roommate goes in regards to their addiction, I will still have somewhere to live.

Never mind the fact that you are assuming that his friend will even seek help or allow to be helped. Your position makes a lot of assumptions that puts the OP needlessly at risk.

Your post may have had good intentions, but just like your reply to mine, it was riddled with a "higher than thou" attitude that negates any benefit it may have offered.

Rule #1 should always be to ensure that you are taken care of. Then you look at how you can help others.

This is a situation where the OP can take care of himself AND help out his friend, and that's an option he would be better served to pursue.

How long has it been? Believe it or not, some people do go through phases and can completely drop it. Is this a daily thing?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Also does he have a prescription for it for an injury he is/was recovering from. Or is he going too meet a dealer every day. If its the latter of the two I'd get out now.

If he's on a prescription for it you should talk to him about it and find out how much he has left and mention he try something else for the pain.

My Ride
    WRX

After getting surgery I got a prescription for 1 weeks worth. AFter just 1 week I was sad when there was no more.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Don't take cheques for rent, cash up front. Lock your bedroom door and don't leave your valuables out.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast