Quantcast
Supercharger VS turbocharger - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharger VS turbocharger

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Default Supercharger VS turbocharger

Need a opinion on this! I realize that the turbo's take time to spool up, and I would like to avoid the lag, but other than that I dont know which is the better road! A few people I have talked to mentioned that some superchargers can put my V6 into the 320+ horsepower range! Is that true?? If it is, can a turbo match that performance??

My Ride
    BMW E70

I was actually wondering the same thing...exept for my car

a turbo can match and overpass 320hp if you really want to. Turbos have much more potential than a supercharger.

My Ride
    NC1

Turbos have unlimited potential but that will ultimately cost you more money in the future. They are also higher maintenance and are more prone to problems.

In short, TURBOS ARE ASS! Unless if it is from the factory!
    *zips up flame suit*

Where is B18C when you need him
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    VE & S13

Originally posted by max_boost
    Turbos have unlimited potential but that will ultimately cost you more money in the future. They are also higher maintenance and are more prone to problems.

In short, TURBOS ARE ASS! Unless if it is from the factory!
    *zips up flame suit*

Where is B18C when you need him
    sorry, but turbo is way more efficient than supercharger....how are they have higher maintenance? let it idle for a bit before shut down...

prone to problems? lets hear some of them...

what is the difference when you turbo a car or factory turbo cars?

just ask Redline on this subject... he went from super to turbo... why? Kyle please reply to this one!:p

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

uh oh. and here it begins. . . again.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    VE & S13

someone opened a can of WORMS!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Boost Infested

sorry, but turbo is way more efficient than supercharger....how are they have higher maintenance? let it idle for a bit before shut down...

prone to problems? lets hear some of them...

what is the difference when you turbo a car or factory turbo cars?

just ask Redline on this subject... he went from super to turbo... why? Kyle please reply to this one!:p
    Why isn't Redline driving his car? Did he blow something?
    Why did choweyt3/t4 take off his turbo? Did he blow something?
    How many CV joints has rage2 broken?
    Why did XES car die at the start of the 1/4 a couple weeks back?

Because for the average person who doesn't know much about FI will be better off with a supercharger.

Actually, I don't really know what I am talking about
    I am user #49

My Ride
    VE & S13

Because for the average person who doesn't know much about FI will be better off with a supercharger.
    all the reasons you listed are due to tuning issues, not because you have a turbo in your car, JR. supercharger could also melt your engine internals as well if you are not careful too, is this not right?

secondly XES broke/rage broke due to power issue, weak factory parts etc, once again has nothing to do with turbocharger. so if i have supercharger then i will not brake axles, tranny, etc?

i dont know much about F1 cars, i still think its better off with turbocharger..........learn as you go my friend, be like water, when you are in a cup you become the cup..LOL

"if you aint broken, you aint using it right!"
    amen...........
    Last edited by Boost Infested; 09-11-2002 at 01:12 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Because with a turbo, you have the ability to push the engine a little more... Add more boost by simply adjusting the wastegate and run some high octane fuel. If they had S/C, changed pulleys to get more boost to get closer to the engine's limits, it'll still blow a headgasket =).

That's cuz we're making so much power with a turbo setup. We're both making well over 400hp at the wheels. If a S/C setup on our cars can make the same amount of power, those items would break too.

In most cases, if you take 2 identical engines, and make one turbo and one with s/c, both with the same peak output, a Supercharged engine will be more stressed. Why? Because it takes more power to drive a supercharger via crank than it does to drive a turbo via exhaust. A turbo system is more complex, therefore it costs more.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    NC1

LOL
    Thanks for the info man!

You have to attemtp to try to stand up to something!

But like I said previously, I didn't really know what I was talking about. Now that we all have a good laugh, TURBOS ARE STILL ASS!

You might as well buy a factory powered at 400+hp flywheel beause with all the money you put into your turbo cars, you can do it!!

I've been doing Accounting homework for the past 3 hours so I had to argue about something!

Mods can delete any of irrelevant posts if they want!
    Last edited by max_boost; 09-11-2002 at 01:12 AM.
    I am user #49

How about NOS? Why doesn't anybody want to be fast and furious? I say NOS AND 2 BOTTLES OF IT

pEACE