Quantcast
Don't like your wife anymore? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Don't like your wife anymore?

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Default Don't like your wife anymore?

This article is old, but funny anyway.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22884828/

Immigration officer sacked for putting wife he didn't like on terror watch list

An immigration officer put his own wife on a terrorist watch list so she could not get home from a trip to Pakistan.

The officer was so sick of his partner that when she was visiting family overseas he added her name to the register of people banned from flights into the UK.

When she went to the airport to get her return flight back, officials told her she could not board the plane and did not explain why.

She called her husband, who promised to look into it but left her stuck in Pakistan for THREE YEARS. He was sacked after bosses found out about his antics.

An immigration source said: “A lot of people may dislike their other halves but to do this takes it to the next level. Needless to say she was confused when she got to the airport as she had never been involved in anything criminal or terrorist related.

“She obviously thought her husband, being an immigration officer, would be able to find out what was going on. Little did she know it was him who had put her on the list. By all accounts he then had the time of his life.”

The officer worked with a unit that puts terror and criminal suspects on the watch list of people “not conducive to the public good”. He simply had to log on to a computer database to add his wife as a potential suspect.

The officer was caught out when bosses vetted him after he went for a promotion that required him to have a higher level of security clearance. They realized his wife was on the watch list and asked him for an explanation. He had no choice but to confess what he had done and was fired.

The immigration source added: “He may have lost his job but he is bit of a legend in immigration circles. It will be talked about for years as the officer who hated his wife so much he put her on a watch list.”

A spokesman for the UK Border Agency, based in Croydon, Surrey, said: “We expect the highest levels of integrity. Allegations of misconduct are thoroughly investigated and we always take action swiftly where we find members of staff who have abused their position. On the extremely rare occasions where this occurs, the strongest action is taken.”
    Last edited by derpderp; 05-27-2011 at 08:06 AM.

bahahahahah for 3 years! thats hilarious!
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

So how would my friend get his wife onto that list? obviously Im just..He is just curious and has no plans of doing such a thing

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

repost
    (can't find the thread tho...)
    Last edited by Modelexis; 05-29-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    '21 Taco

This is a repost. But good refresher!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

what goes around , it comes around.

My Ride
    Lease

Quite the dbag move

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Kind of scary that one person can ruin a life that easily.

At the very least, adding someone to the list should require 2 signatures, or a review by more than one person.

What a shitty system.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell