Quantcast
Calgarian Charged with Criminal Harassment for Placing Fake Online Ads - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calgarian Charged with Criminal Harassment for Placing Fake Online Ads

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Sexual ads are too far, I dont think anyone is defending that part of it. There is simply a second side of the story that should be told too.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by FraserB
    Sexual ads are too far, I dont think anyone is defending that part of it. There is simply a second side of the story that should be told too.
    Why, because it would somehow justify what Michael Kenzie MacLeod did? The guy opened email accounts, placed hundreds of ads. Held explicit sexual conversations with scum in order to build "fake relationships" with them to convince said scum to come to the door. Posted personal detailed information on his targets in order to have potentially dangerous 3rd parties show up at the door of his victim.

This Michael guy obviously spent a LOT of time doing this crap. That goes beyond simply annoyance, this is well into obsessive vendetta territory that ran on for MONTHS. He obviously put a lot of thought and effort into this. From the description in the various articles, he must have been doing it every single day.

As for ByLaw, there's no way that they would allow themselves to be used to harass someone over an extended period of time. They'd simply label the complainer as a nuisance caller and stop responding, so it's unlikely that the couple could have been making Michael Macleods life that difficult in a similar proportion.

In short, there's literally no justification for this type of behaviour, and in point of fact, nobody here would do it if they thought that it could actually be traced back to them. Now, I also suspect that the thinking members of beyond that have participated in such antics in the past, will probably reconsider their actions now that they realize they CAN be traced back by police. Then again, it seems like the majority of beyond isn't really into thinking, which is part of what makes it so entertaining.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Aaaaaaand another one sided story... What exactly did these "victims" do to piss this guy off? Agreed, ads of a sexual nature cross the line, but if I had snob ass neighbors complaining about every little thing I'd just post for sale ads, call after 11 pm lol this guy's a pos big time but anybody calling bylaw for stupid shit has it coming just the same IMO.

My Ride

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Aaaaaaand another one sided story... What exactly did these "victims" do to piss this guy off? Agreed, ads of a sexual nature cross the line, but if I had snob ass neighbors complaining about every little thing I'd just post for sale ads, call after 11 pm lol this guy's a pos big time but anybody calling bylaw for stupid shit has it coming just the same IMO.
    Thanks for highlighting my previous post so perfectly.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Not in anyway am I being sarcastic, or trying to mock you. I just want to understand your point.

So you believe that if neighbour (A) calls the bylaw on neighbour (B) for whatever reason, and the neighbour (B) that got called on gets angry and does these deviant things online such as inviting complete strangers to your house, you think its completely justified even if it endangers neighbour (A)?
    Last edited by Ergo-Sun-Tzu; 05-30-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    Ultimate excellence lies
    Not in winning
    Every Battle
    But in defeating the enemy
    Without ever fighting.
    The highest form of warfare
    Is to attack
    Strategy itself.

My Ride
    a couple S/C'd V8's

Originally posted by Ergo-Sun-Tzu

Not in anyway am I being sarcastic, or trying to mock you. I just want to understand your point.

So you believe that if neighbour (A) calls the bylaw on neighbour (B) for whatever reason, and the neighbour (B) that got called on gets angry and does these deviant things online such as inviting complete strangers to your house, you think its completely justified even if it endangers neighbour (A)?
    Did you read what you quoted? He said for sale ads and call after 11pm, didnt say anything about sex ads, or listing the address.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So basically I can be a massive twat of a neighbor, call bylaw and the cops for each and every little thing under the sun. And I am 100% free and clear of any and all responsibility in the situation?

Somehow I doubt they simply called bylaw once and it got this guy so pissed he did these things.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-03-2019 at 10:21 AM.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Ergo-Sun-Tzu

So let me get this straight, someone posting your information online (such as your address, phone number, picture, etc) and falsely claiming that you wanted to have a sexual encounter, and receiving sexually disturbing phone calls from strangers, and having anonymous people calling you to tell you that their coming to your house with a friend (and you don't know what their going to do), and getting a visit by some individual who thinks their there for a "WILD RIDE"(sex), even though, once again, you never did any of this, is not in anyway a relentless psychological torture? you think the fear of strangers coming to your house is not excessive in terms of psychologically torture? (even thou you don't know what kind of ad your neighbour posted)

Did I get that right?
    Psychological torture is stuff like water boarding or that Chinese torture method where they sit you in the middle of a room, lock you in for days, and drop a drop of water on your head at random times till you go mad. THAT is psychological torture.

Oh no, a stranger comes to your house! Oh no, time to lock the front door or tell them it was some ass playing a prank. Psychological torture? Hell no! Minor harassment at BEST.

My Ride

Originally posted by Feruk

Psychological torture is stuff like water boarding or that Chinese torture method where they sit you in the middle of a room, lock you in for days, and drop a drop of water on your head at random times till you go mad. THAT is psychological torture.

Oh no, a stranger comes to your house! Oh no, time to lock the front door or tell them it was some ass playing a prank. Psychological torture? Hell no! Minor harassment at BEST.
    No, torture is reading stupid ass posts like yours. The lady says she lived in fear for months because lowlife johns were showing up at her door prompted by the neighbor. Lowlife johns that could have been given instructions like "when you get to the door, I'm going to play dumb, I want you to come in a pretend to rape me, it's my fantasy! Just ignore my screams, they're going to be playing along."

Maybe you could at least to pretend to do a little reading on a topic before posting complete idiocy?

My Ride
    4x4

Fuck I love scenic acres, we have the best douche neighbours... Maybe this is why I haven't had a bylaw visit in a few months, wonder if we shared the bitchy neighbour...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2