Quantcast
CUPW Letter carrier strike - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: CUPW Letter carrier strike

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by Q-TIP
    This is one reason I am proud to say I voted Cons in the federal election. There is no more place in this world for unions like the CUPW, the sense of entitlement they have is disgusting.

In my opinion the government is not interfering in the right to free collective negotiations because the CUPW was not negotiating a labour agreement they were simply dictating terms. As unions get stronger they tend to loose sight of the long-term and focus only on the immediate future. The auto workers union was another excellent example of this, they would not even consider that what they wanted would end up bankrupting the company which basically means they are working against themselves.

Honestly I would vote for a government that simply banned unions altogether. I am sick and tired of paying the wages of public sector employees that simply are not worth the money they are paid.
    Exactly, Unions were created for a reason and that reason does not exist anymore. If you don't like working at your job then go somewhere else. There is a ton of people that can do your job and will be willing to do it for less.

i want my damn mail ffs

Layton is a fucking idiot for trying to stall this.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by adam c

how is it the normal person's fault that these people didn't take the time to develop their skills... every time I drive by the postal depot I want to give a big fuck you to all of these people
    Do you mean develop skills to not have to be a janitor? Would you prefer everyone was a university scholar that was too good to do janitorial work? Who would pick shit up?
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by Mar

Do you mean develop skills to not have to be a janitor? Would you prefer everyone was a university scholar that was too good to do janitorial work? Who would pick shit up?
    immigrants....... Sorry I had to, but lets be honest though immigrants and teens between age of 15 and 19 should be doing those jobs. Issue is that kids these days think their too good for that. When I was young we worked our ass of in a restaurant for barely anything. Times have changed.

I certainly don't think everyone has to have a "professional" career, but when people complain about their salaries etc., my first thought is FIND A DIFFERENT JOB. if you don't like the money you're making, or not having 7 weeks vacation, why are you a postal worker in the first place? if you don't like it, don't be a postal worker, it's not a difficult fucking concept.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by Mar

95% of the people out there performing these jobs do it because they chose it, now to come back and complain about it and say boohoo things aren't fair can go fuck themselves... want a better job? work for it! want a promotion? work for it! sit back and complain because you start at 50k/year and 7 weeks vacation and still complain about progress... get fucked

edit. for example, my mom was always working multiple jobs to support us and at around 40 she went back to school to get a better job, now she's making some decent coin
    Sig nuked by mod.

Last edited by kaput; 03-22-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Originally posted by kaput
    Isn't it counterproductive to be off the job for an extended period of time in the hopes of getting a slight raise, or do they continue to receive some sort of income while on strike? In other words, how much money are these idiots losing from their paycheques, and how long will it take them to earn back that difference at an extra couple dollars/hour when they do eventually go back to work? Are they really any better off in the end? Maybe, if the strike is short, but after 2 weeks and counting that's a lot of lost wages.
    i agree, and i feel particularly bad for the employees since an earlier poster who works there said many of them didn't support the strike in the first place.

About fucking time, looks like C-6 make it's way through the house tonight

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Hope this gets settled soon

My Ride
    95 GSR

Its back to work on monday
    Originally posted by Neil4Speed

No your wrong. Checking out tits/ass is like looking at the sun. You can't stare at it long, it's too risky. You get a sense of it then you look away.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by pinoyboy88
    Its back to work on monday

well shit man wtf is this, i got an email from an online store i ordered stuff telling me they wont mail my stuff untell the strike is over well shit

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
    well shit man wtf is this, i got an email from an online store i ordered stuff telling me they wont mail my stuff untell the strike is over well shit
    I can guarantee they weren't going to ship until Monday anyways so I don't really see what the problem is. I also am shocked that you are surprised that they won't mail anything until the mail system is functioning again.

If the postal service is not operating then you can't send something via the postal service...

Now how pissed off are they going to be when they get back and how shitty of a job are they going to do?

Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
    and they refuse to send via fedex, ups, purolator, dhl, etc. etc. etc.?

My Ride
    E90 335i

Dont know if back to work Monday for sure but absolutely early this week.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06...ads-to-senate/

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Now how pissed off are they going to be when they get back and how shitty of a job are they going to do?
    Can it be any worse than what they do now? USPS has proportionately the same amount of employees that Canada Post does, and delivers mail much quicker and for a lot less money.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by snoop101
    When I was young we worked our ass of in a restaurant for barely anything. Times have changed.
    Not really.

But you can sit on your front porch, waving your cane at young kids, and believe that if you want to...

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast