Quantcast
rb26dett into a ??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rb26dett into a ???

Default rb26dett into a ???

ok im new here and ill admit i dont know a whole lot about cars, i know a little though, but ive recently come accross the option to buy a r32 skyline motor, twin turbo, all of it in a front clip, i was planning upon placing it into a skyline body, but the clip is from japan, so the titaling thing would be a red tape mess, so im hoping theres another nissan car that you guys think would be a good AWD car to put this motor into? currently as for the other car which l havnt put a lot of thought into, but awd is a must, must be early-mid 1990's vintage, well between 89 at the oldest, and i think 94 or 95 at the oldest

ummm thats all i can think of but its early so lol at least its almost a complete thought, so if anyone has some advice shoot me either an email, or just post the reply here

email: [email protected]
    Thanks,
    Rein

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Well you could start by reading up about it. Some info here about the RB http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/fo...s=&forumid=135
    Around how much do you plan to spend?

My Ride
    1990 300ZX GS body w/ 1993 JDM VG30DETT front clip

it can b done
    autodream would b the only ppl id let do something like that, theyre the resident nissan ppl

My Ride
    '92 RPS13

that engine could fit into a 240sx could it not?

My Ride

yeap, ud need a lil work, but, yea

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Sorry off topic but sandman please empty your PM box

My Ride

oh yea shit sorry man, lol i totally based out haha

My Ride
    BMW E30+7MGTE,E30 325is,Jeep Wrangler

it would fit ,lots of work.Forget about the awd and as far as i know you'd need a rb20 or 25 oil pan cause the front cv axles pass through the pan,not sure about the electronics either.

ok well as far as cash to spend goes up to about 30k, and awd would be a no go? cause that would really kinda suck. a lot but even other than the 240sx would there be other models it would fit in without to much modification?
    Thanks,
    Rein

My Ride

call autodream
    ask for nguyen
    he can tell u all the specifics
    swapping the 26 in plus the cost of the clip shouldnt go over 30 at all, , i think its jus something w/ the driveline that makes awd harder, i hav no idea for sure tho, nguyen would b the person to ask

ok will do but one question first can you give me a brake down of how to pronounce that?
    Thanks,
    Rein

My Ride

prnounce his name "wyn"

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

You're not gonna get that engine into any nissan sold here without a lot of cash. Only other vehicle I could see it going into is the hardbody pickup?
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride

yea
    ask nguyen bout getting one
    either thaat or try www.flashoptions.com

Hey can somone tell me a site to find the engine dimensions of a rb26dett, cause the fact that its 2.6 liters isnt telling me a whole great much, also since i live in montana it is realy rather easy to come by old pickup truck bodys, as in the local junkyard has 3 or 4 1955-1968 chevy 1 tons, as well as some other models, and makes, so would the engine fit in one of those? also i would end up doing this conversion with the local mechanics, and a lot by myself, i could ship it elsewhere to do it. . . but i really need to know how the engine went in etc, cause since the engine is from japan, would i have to worry about emmisionsduring titaling? cause if i went with a truck body it would be pre 70's hence pre emission laws, so any sudgestions there? like get another cheap engine, put it in to title it, then swap it for the rb26dett? or just dont worry about it?
    i could probably pick up one of the bodys, for 3-5 hundred with no problem, then sanding it down, repairing any rust spots(would you guys recommend sedaline torch, stick or wire feed to do this?) i can do any of them with out to much worry as far as finishing the body goes

huh guess its an idea, what exactly did you mean by hardbody pickups? i was guessing you meant this but as i said before im kinda new to doing this stuff
    Thanks,
    Rein

hardbody pickups are just the nissan pickups, you'd probably still run into problems with engine length with those trucks, may have to cut into the firewall and mount the rad/IC in an extreme forward position.

If you want to put it in an old 1 ton, there should be heap of room, shit, I've been around the engine bay of a 65 chev 1/2 ton equipped with a straight six and there was still lots of room. My question is: WHY!? A smallblock or big block V8 would be a better choice in every way.

I believe emissions laws say that an old engine block must be used, a new engine in an old car will be subject to testing of the year of the engine manufacturing. You COULD claim it as an old engine, but you could get in a lot of trouble and if you got into an accident, insurance sure as hell would not compensate you for an expensive imported engine.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

i dunno why lol, it just kinda came to mind, plus im kinda odd that way neways,plus as far as emissions go, im in montana, no emissions laws lol i was bored during my computer final today, so that wouldnt be a problem, and why would a v8 be a better engine choice? id be stripping the truck of everything, pretty much straight down, replacing ll of itbut inot sure, im going over to the junk yard tomarrow to climb around in some of the vehicles there

also as i said, ive never done this before, but i dunno, im not planning on wrecking the car to begin with, but it would be a project, also would it just be the vehicle weight that makes the rb26 a bad choice or what? ause it will be awd by the time im done, lol thats not really choice as far as im concerned, also im debating to do a lift on it, grab some tires and a winch and go mud boggin, or snowdrift busting, or to drop it and turn it into something to crusein,which i dunno, im kinda different neways lol

i think however i decide to do this project 'dfferent' is definatly goint to be an undestatement, also when i clled hes got severl trucs there from a 48 f-100 ford, to a whole list of chevys and some other things, so would a 1/2 ton be a better chice guys any hints/advice would be great, lol this is kinda a psycho concept idea neways, that i might do just for the novelty of it
    Thanks,
    Rein

sorry bout the typos, batteries where going dead in the keyboard
    ps sorry for the double post
    Thanks,
    Rein

ok this whole period of silence is getting to me, maybee its cause its just not the weekend, but yeah, lol im feeling abandoned, i just want to know if this is a good/acceptable/possible idea before i set my self into it
    Thanks,
    Rein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast