Quantcast
Hyundai, best selling passenger car company in Canada - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hyundai, best selling passenger car company in Canada

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by SilverRex
    wow -19.5% for Acura, I wonder if this would translate to better deals at the dealership to move more inventory.
    I got a feeling that is partly due to lack of stock due to earthquake.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-03-2019 at 10:53 AM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

^^^^ it's reliable, well covered cheap shit tho. Hyundai and Kia both have some of the longest warranties in the industry. 60 month/100k on powertrain is a much better than 36 month/60k powertrain (Ford).
    Geek

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by sillysod
    Japaneese pickup trucks are still not considered serious trucks. Every second vehicle in town is a F150. Majority of truck owners have them for work (either company or some personal vehicles). They are purchased strictly for utility, operating costs and purchase incentives.
    I've noticed a lot of Tacomas in town, but I don't think these are the people using them for work (but who knows). I know one of the factors I was considering was if I was working out of town, as so many people living in Calgary do, where is the closest dealership should something go wrong and need to be fixed? There is literally a Ford, Dodge, GM or Chrysler dealership in almost any small town. That and there is a pissing match between The Big 3 to see who can tow the most, you get a lot more bang for your buck.

Dodge had no discounts last time I checked but instead offering 0% financing up to five years.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by sillysod
    Japaneese pickup trucks are still not considered serious trucks. Every second vehicle in town is a F150. Majority of truck owners have them for work (either company or some personal vehicles). They are purchased strictly for utility, operating costs and purchase incentives.

You may not see a lot of genesis or accents but holy shit it seems like 50% of the population drives a Korean SUV.
    You mean the Japanese interpretation of an American truck. If I could get a real Japanese pickup truck here I would be all over it. Something like a Mazda titan, toyota ace with fold down box sides, a mini picker and tilt deck with a 3.0 litre turbo diesel. That kind of pure function work truck with a small diesel is missing totally from the North American market, unless you buy a the Merc sprinter which is a total POS and send it to an outfitter as cab and chasssis.
    My only choice for diesel, are machines that have about more than twice the power I really need most of the time.

Kia and Hyundai have stepped up product quality a lot but they still have that overally small wheeled look in overaly round wheel arches that makes them still look cheap.
    Too loud for Aspen

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

good for hyundai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Seth1968

Quick for what? 99% of car buyers don't give a shit about horsepower. Although I agree with you that Honda and Toyota are slipping big time.

About a year ago, I went to Honda to purchase a hatchback. I was hoping for the typical cool looking Honda hatchback, but all I got was a "Fit" that looks like a car that my grandfather would drive.

I then checked out the Matrix hatch. The drivers seat wouldn't go back far enough for a 6 foot tall person to comfortably drive. Besides, the dash looked like a "b" movie gone wrong.

When I replace my Honda Civic Coupe, I will do so with a Hyundai Accent or Ford Fiesta hatchback.

BTW- Ford is breaking new ground, but whoever approved the name "Fiesta" should be fired.
    Ford Focus ST?

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

I dont get why Japanese trucks aren't considered serious...

just wait till you see one with a machine gun mounted on it, hows that for serious, as in s***s about to get real serious?

Hilux>All

My Ride
    W204

I rented a Santa Fe in Hawaii just a few weeks ago. It was a generally competent car but a few fatal flaws, namely very unrefined suspension tuning, and a trunk that was impossible to close with one hand, at least impossible to close without injuring myself. Those and a few niggles just seem to set them back from the big boys. Sure they might have more features (and that's their main selling point I think) but all the reviews are generally right. Great cars with flaws and niggles here and there.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Seth1968
    BTW- Ford is breaking new ground, but whoever approved the name "Fiesta" should be fired.
    They're breaking new ground sure, but the Fiesta is not selling well:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/08/s...hevy-aveo-sel/

Great car, great looks, but to me, Ford tried to milk the hype for all it was worth and priced it way too high. That and shot themselves in the foot by giving out aggressive incentives for cars in the past, and people just aren't buying unless there's huge incentives to be had.

It's like buying stuff with a coupon such as A&W. I will only eat at A&W when they send me coupons. No coupon, no eat. I think the public is having the same problem - no big incentives, no buy.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

I rented a KIA SUV and I loved it, I would consider buying one if I had the cash.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Originally posted by 94boosted
    This is great. Down with Honda & Toyota until they learn!

Now Hyundai needs to slap it's new 5.0 into the Genesis Coupe and get serious about having a "quick" car.

I would so trade in my v6 gen coupe for one of these. I've always had hyundais best sports car and am looking forward to the next big thing they come out with. I've seen that greddy is working on a twin turbo kit for the v6. That might be my next choice in the mean time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2