Quantcast
Hyundai, best selling passenger car company in Canada - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai, best selling passenger car company in Canada

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Hyundai, best selling passenger car company in Canada

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../01/c9902.html

With May industry car sales entered into the record books, Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. has further secured its spot as Canada's best-selling passenger car brand for the first five months of 2011. In the month of May, the Accent, Elantra (including Elantra Touring) and Sonata rose to the top of the sales charts for the subcompact, compact and intermediate segments, respectively. As a result, the Hyundai brand led passenger car sales for May and continues its leadership year-to-date.

May marked the third consecutive month that Hyundai has led all manufacturers in passenger car sales. Hyundai Canada offers a complete passenger car line-up ranging from the Accent subcompact to the Equus full-size luxury sedan, including the rear-wheel drive Genesis Coupe.

"Subcompact, compact and intermediate cars are among the largest segments in Canada," said Steve Kelleher, President and CEO of Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. "To have a Hyundai vehicle at or near the top of all three segments clearly shows Hyundai's combination of quality, safety, fuel economy, styling and value is resonating with consumers."

Hyundai Auto Canada, established in 1983 and headquartered in Markham Ontario, is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout Canada by Hyundai Auto Canada and are sold and serviced through more than 195 dealerships nationwide.
    http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/06...-may-2011.html
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-06-2011 at 04:38 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Good on em I've driven both the new 2012 Accent and the 2011 Elantra, and they're both shockingly good. They won't blow your pants off with raging testosterone and blistering acceleration, but for the price you pay for either, you get a shit-ton of standard equipment and they are really nice to drive in city situations.

Kia and Hyundai (pretty much the same company) are really stealing Japanese thunder, and have been for quite a while. Good on em
    Geek

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

The times, they are a-changin.

awesome

My Ride
    Exploded.

Korea is definitely upping their game! Can't wait for the future models... Maybe a Korean supercar in the midst?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

The only thing keeping them from toppling Toyota is a series of pickup trucks.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Good job! They make some great looking cars now...

At least, I will turn head for second look .. not on Lexus/Acura ..

Really can't see Hyundai is the best selling brand in Calgary, probably see more BMW/BENZ then Hyundai.
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

OUCH!!

Sad to see the number from Saab ...

Only 60 cars sold in Canada in 1/2 yr ???

Their new design isn't bad ..

Even Ferrari outsell them big time!?
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by C4S
    Really can't see Hyundai is the best selling brand in Calgary, probably see more BMW/BENZ then Hyundai.
    Once you actually sit and LOOK for a specific thing, it's amazing how many of them there actually are. No word of a lie, heading NW on Crowchild in the mornings to go to work, I see at least 20-30 Kia's and an equivalent amount of Hyundai's, on both sides of the road. Hell, I see more Kia's and Hyundai's than I see HONDA's these days
    Geek

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by heavyD
    The only thing keeping them from toppling Toyota is a series of pickup trucks.
    Hope they work harder than this:

A proposed 2004 concept.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by flipstah

Hope they work harder than this:

A proposed 2004 concept.
    You know it's probably not even a sound decision to get into that truck market as its been proven that the Domestic trucks are the preferred choice regardless of how good the competition is. No use spending all the money and resources to get into a market that no matter what will likely result in failure.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Titan, Tundra are not hot sellers. There is no reason for the Koreans to be in that game. There is no way to beat Ford or GM when it comes to trucks.

My Ride
    oooo

Japaneese pickup trucks are still not considered serious trucks. Every second vehicle in town is a F150. Majority of truck owners have them for work (either company or some personal vehicles). They are purchased strictly for utility, operating costs and purchase incentives.

You may not see a lot of genesis or accents but holy shit it seems like 50% of the population drives a Korean SUV.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Titan, Tundra are not hot sellers. There is no reason for the Koreans to be in that game. There is no way to beat Ford or GM when it comes to trucks.
    Heck even Dodge is insurmountable for the Japanese. They still sell a lot of Rams.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by sillysod
    You may not see a lot of genesis or accents but holy shit it seems like 50% of the population drives a Korean SUV.
    santa fe's are every where.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

This is great. Down with Honda & Toyota until they learn!

Now Hyundai needs to slap it's new 5.0 into the Genesis Coupe and get serious about having a "quick" car.

Originally posted by 94boosted

Now Hyundai needs to slap it's new 5.0 into the Genesis Coupe and get serious about having a "quick" car.
    No thx,

I'll take the twinscroll 2.0 instead. The 5.0 will make the car quite front heavy I think.

Originally posted by 94boosted

Quick for what? 99% of car buyers don't give a shit about horsepower. Although I agree with you that Honda and Toyota are slipping big time.

About a year ago, I went to Honda to purchase a hatchback. I was hoping for the typical cool looking Honda hatchback, but all I got was a "Fit" that looks like a car that my grandfather would drive.

I then checked out the Matrix hatch. The drivers seat wouldn't go back far enough for a 6 foot tall person to comfortably drive. Besides, the dash looked like a "b" movie gone wrong.

When I replace my Honda Civic Coupe, I will do so with a Hyundai Accent or Ford Fiesta hatchback.

BTW- Ford is breaking new ground, but whoever approved the name "Fiesta" should be fired.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by dimi

No thx,

I'll take the twinscroll 2.0 instead. The 5.0 will make the car quite front heavy I think.
    There is no way a manufacturer will make a 2.0T with more than 300HP from the factory. And I think Hyundai needs a 400+HP car so that Mustang, Camaro & Challenger buyers have another alternative.

My Ride
    a tank

wow -19.5% for Acura, I wonder if this would translate to better deals at the dealership to move more inventory.

The 5.0 GT with 5500 off on a factory rebate is probably the best performance deal in a long time, But as family need goes I'll be checking into the TL or a V6 Loaded Venza this month
    Last edited by SilverRex; 06-07-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast