Quantcast
Opinions on Escalade's - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Escalade's

My Ride
    This and that.

Default Opinions on Escalade's

So I've been thinking of getting an Escalade EXT. I am getting rid of my 350Z and am looking into a 2007 plus Escalade EXT. I have always liked the way they look and you can't go wrong with the usability of a pickup truck. Plus I love all the technology they have in the newer models with phone, navigation and all of the works. Just looking to get some opinions/views of owners or others who have had experience with them. I already know the gas guzzling aspect and all that of them so no need to get into that. Just general maintenance, reliability and such things.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 06-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

They're really nice, both my uncle and dad drive them. My favorite part is the A/C seats for sure. Cool as ice without fans blowing in your face.

08 Escalade Regular w/ Platinum Package

Yes gas avg - city (16.8-17.4 L/100KM) being nice, just goes up from there

Highway 12.7-13.4 range if you're doing about ~130.

Currently at 62K
    Has not yet required any repairs or maintenance. The auto trunk remote sometimes glitches (few times in 2.5 years). The vehicle is nearing a break change, but it weighs so much hard not to wear them down...

Some of the "chrome" finish on the outside either isn't sealed the best or needs a higher quality finish, I may try to buff/polish it soon and see the difference it makes.

Car is very smooth, awesome to drive on the highway, picks up fast for passing and don't feel much.

The rain sensor works well, climate control/heated/AC seats are great. Sound system is very good (BOSE package). Heated washer fluid is a great calgary winter feature as well.

The rear seats all come out super easy and are lightweight if you need to pack some extra, but unfortunately its not the EXT so i can't directly compare.

For a vehicle its size the blind spots are not nearly as bad as a 06 jeep GC for example, mirrors provide a wide range.

Some of my major cons are more with parking the tank and the steering radius. When driving my bros A4 or moms GLK350 etc, it is mind boggling how much wider you have to drive into a stall.

But overall its a great vehicle, and are typically priced well to pick up used...

My Ride
    This and that.

I remember reading last night that they don't have your everyday bluetooth phone system. Can you verify or elaborate on this if you have any idea? it apparently said that the phone can only be connected via onstar or something and not through bluetooth like all the other cars have.

To be honest Shaka, the guy showed us when we picked up the vehicle but I wasn't really paying attention to remember and I never synced the phone up... I can check the user manual tonight after work quickly to see if/what it says about hooking it up. Ive never used bluetooth on the iphone4, kind of a noob with that stuff...

I've also never had to use the onstar, a friend accidentally hit the button and the lady was a little pestered when I informed her it was a mistake... so some features on the vehicle have hardly been touched

My Ride
    This and that.

Ah, okay fair enough. Yea it would be great if you could have a look at the truck or perhaps check the owners manual to see what it says about connecting your phone. That's kind of a big thing for me since the laws against using your phone and everything are in place now as well. And thanks for your review, appreciate you taking the time. I would be looking at one with navigation and the ultra luxury package and everything. They seem to be the best with all the luxury features you could possibly look for.

I know a couple people with them, they always seem to be in the shop with problems. Interior quality is very poor as well (subjective, of course, but it's one of the things that bothers me most). They depreciate like crazy, but I guess thats why you buy used!

Really not a fan of any of the Escalades. Never owned one for obvious reasons but the people I know who have them aren't happy.

There are just so many nicer cars in that segment IMO, my last choice would be Escalade. I guess if you absolutely needed that truck bed

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks for your input. I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. I personally love the way they look and everything. Especially the EXT's. I can't really think of many other luxury/exclusive pick up trucks at $40K-$50K range. There is a Lincoln one but that just looks like any other Ford F150. Generally I know, I could get many other nicer cars and what not for around that price range, but when it comes to pick up trucks, can't really think of many other options. And yes, it has to be a pick up truck.

my choice for a luxury pickup would have to go to gmc denali 2500 or 1500 series, nice trucks.

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

The fuel "economy" alone would kill me, no way I am living with those fuel bills.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I've heard nothing but bad things about them too... The new ones look alright, but I'd never buy new or used.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

We have had an escalade esv for 5 years. Never had an issue with it. They make a nice vehicle. Fuel mileage is bad. But my raptor is no better

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

My neighbor buys a new one every couple years and she seems to like them alot.

My Ride
    K-car

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/cadilla...lade/2010/suv/

Winner of the JD power award- Highest Ranked Luxury Large Premium SUV in initial quality.

We had a older Denali (2001) for a few years, was a good truck overall and never let us down. The interior quality was not that great, the leather wore quickly and the coating on the dash surround started to peel. The newer models seem to be much better though. Remember they also make a Hybrid version.

Originally posted by InRich
    I've heard nothing but bad things about them too... The new ones look alright, but I'd never buy new or used.

What are all the bad things you hear about?

As stated my only real issues are mileage/size, parking...

Yes I would rather have a ML55/63 amg or a X5 4.8/5/M, but you are talking another 20-30 grand depending on the model/trim or more...

Waaaaaay better off with a Duramax Denali 2500, clean diesel as quiet as a Prius, and not too sure what the specs are but I get almost 900kms in town to a fill (160L) in my 1 ton Duramax and it's an '05. I'm sure a new one will get you similar mileage and a 3/4 ton will be way more capable and useful than any SUV or 1/2 ton out there.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by colinxx235

What are all the bad things you hear about?

As stated my only real issues are mileage/size, parking...

Yes I would rather have a ML55/63 amg or a X5 4.8/5/M, but you are talking another 20-30 grand depending on the model/trim or more...
    everything that buddy said about shit constantly breaking down, plus how cheap their made and look. Get a used x5 man... waaay better. the extra money will be worth it. you can buy NICE 07 - 09 x5s for 40 - 50

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

You should check out a new VW Touareg... the 8-speed 3.0 TDI gets 11.1l/100km city 7.0 L/100km hwy
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Money pit.

My Ride
    2010 Genesis coupe 2.0t

^^ he needs a pick up truck not a touareg or x5. You dont have many options. Cadillac ext, gmc denali, the new laramie lonhgorn, ford king ranch and harkey edition. My favorite interior is on the new dodge rams especially the laramie.
    I bought a 2010 dodge 1500 slt, and it has the shifter in the middle between the chairs, 7" touch screen, satellite radio, bluetooth, alpine sound system all from the factory and if you were to get the laramie it has leather and a leather soft dash.
    Last edited by lauphman; 06-08-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast