Quantcast
traveling to the Philippines, looking for advice. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: traveling to the Philippines, looking for advice.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default traveling to the Philippines, looking for advice.

Well, I am supposed to head out to the Philippines. I am pretty excited to go, mainly because I have never traveled internationally. I have been to the states a few times, but nothing like this.

I think It is Manilla we are headed to, and wondering, any tourist traps to avoid, blatant scams, cultural sensitivities i should watch out for, things that I must do and try, ect, ect, ect.

I am heading out for a wedding, but I will be there for a week on my own, so I want to take as much in as I can.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by kaput; 03-22-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Don't talk shit about Manny.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    stock 240sx fastback

There's really nothing to do in manila except malls,bars,club.. Go to provinces like cebu,davao,palawan etc. And check out their resorts and shit.

Btw, I think its rain season in the philippines this time of the year. Lol
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

i am not heading there till December so, hopefully rainy season will be over by then lol
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by arian_ma
    Don't talk shit about Manny.
    Ya, that wouldn't be good.

My Ride
    stock 240sx fastback

Dec. - jan. Is a good month to go to the philippines since its not as hot anymore, but if ur going with ur wife (if she's filipina) then be prepared to bring extra cash with u cuz family remembers will be expecting xmas presents lol hahahha

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

lol, i am hoping to have my divorce settled by then, I am making this trip as a bachelor
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Travel to Boracay if you can... it's quite touristy, but a lot of fun, and everything you'd expect in a tropical location.

Avoid the south.

Avoid drinking the water, or anything made with unboiled water.

Use protection, and make sure the woman is really a woman.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

spikers: are you a flip or white?

Just wanted to know so i can tell you what to expect.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by Kloubek

Avoid drinking the water, or anything made with unboiled water.
    Lol! Funny you said that. I went back in 2007 and told our Polish friend not to drink water other than mineral water.

As soon as we stepped into the lobby of our hotel in Boracay (it was a humid +45c, we were served with mango juice with ice(most probably the ice is not from a bottle) and we drank that so fast like a camel! Lol!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

there would be no chance of me ever being mistaken for a man of color LOL. I am white as white can be.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by spikers
    there would be no chance of me ever being mistaken for a man of color LOL. I am white as white can be.
    are you going with your Flip friends I presume?

My Ride
    Integra Type R

What to do in Philippines?
    Live like a king
    wh...?

My Ride
    '21 Taco

You're going on the great months of the year there. Christmas and New years are always fun in Philippines and they are not the rainy months (although still, be prepared just like any other tropical countries). Like they've said, not much can be seen in Manila except malls, clubs, etc. I would ask you to try going to some of the provinces (rural areas there with tourist spots). I can give you a list later when I get home of some places that are not to be missed when you go there (i'm just at work right now and typing on my iphone lols).

Also, like they said, be careful in the places which are very crowded. They are good to get your stuff without being noticed by you or by anyone!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

When you say Manila I’m not sure if you mean Manila City or Metro Manila. Metro Manila is basically the collection of cities (Makati, Paranaque, Pasay, Quezon, etc).

Everyone in Manila should be able to communicate with you or understand you. They may not answer back in proper English but I’m sure you’ll understand them.

We love malls so I’m pretty sure they will bring you to a couple of them like Mall of Asia, Glorietta, Megamall, Greenbelt, Robinson’s Galleria, Rockwell, etc. Greenbelt on a Friday or Sat is really good for fine dinning/coffee/drinking and to see or meet some girls. Just be careful as a lot of hookers will also in the prowl for some white meat.

Near Greenbelt would be “The Fort” which also has a lot of party places and good dinning.

If you are around the north part of Metro Manila (Quezon city) Eastwood City is the place for these.

If you are in Manila City (Bay Area) then Bay Walk will be the place but I would suggest to with your friends.

If you are staying only for a short period of time the go to Tagaytay to see the Volcano and Villa Escudero in Batangas (Coconut Farm turned Tourist Attraction)

Longer stay, I would recommend going to a beach Boracay, Bohol, and Palawan. El Nido is my favorite….http://www.elnidoresorts.com/ but a bit pricey.

What to expect from the Flips:
    Everyone is hospitable and friendly but being from another country they will also think that you are a millionaire which is probably true if you convert your assets to pesos! Lol!
    If you are a bit of a baller then it’s nice to treat your group for a night out. It’s nor really expensive, we paid about $100 - $150 to dine and drink our hearts out for a group of 15 people (Quick Tip: Gerry’s Grill)

If you buy any stuff from markets (fake stuffs, etc) ask around for prices before buying anything or better yet ask your buddy to get the prices, make sure to ask for discounts! The more you buy the bigger the discount, if they won’t give it to you. Walk out, they normally will run after you and say yes as long as your not a super lowball!

If you visit a house, try to be polite and try out the food that they will offer you as they will go hell and back just to prepare something for you even if you are not hungry or thirsty.

Don’t flash your money around when you are paying for stuff.

Learn a few lines..

Good Morning – Magandang Umaga
    Good Afternoon – Magandang Hapon
    Good Evening – Magandang Gabi
    How are you? – Kamusta?
    Good – Mabuti
    Taste Good – Masarap
    Pretty/Beautiful Female - Maganda
    Good looking Guy – Pogi or Gwapo (Hey I’m not sure if you switched to the other side. Lol!)
    Can you lower the price? – Tawad naman?
    Malaki Titi ko – I have a big dick

If you want to experience the massages with happy endings
    Genie around the NE Metro Manila Area ***
    Palacio ni Don Pedro in Makati City **
    Airforce one and Starfleet in the south Paranaque City Area ****

Notice the stars…that’s the rating out of 5 stars
    The Aquariums have different prices, the higher the price the better the fish. I won’t go into details about the aquariums, if ever you do try this and see what I’m talking about, I bet you’ll just smile or laugh! Lol!

Oh, and if you want to get some tattoos’ let me know. I know a couple of good artists in and outside of Metro Manila.

Anything else you want to know, ask away but be prepared to be pampered and be called “SIR” a lot. Just make sure to tip you waiters well, which normally is about $1 or $2. (Pay them in pesos)

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I will be traveling as part of the wedding party I think, my buddy is white, and his fiancee is flip, and all her family is back there, hence why the wedding is back there. I am assuming we will be in or around manilla, as she says she is from there, but really, I am sketchy on those details at the moment. I don't have all the details yet, I just have to get him some cash for the flight over, and apparently we will be staying with family over there and what-not.

thanks for all the info, it is appreciated!

my curiosity about the aquariums is peaked now! you gotta fill me in man!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

man find yourself a new woman over there. Some are beautiful! and they are awesome peeps (my gf is from there) should be easy pickins with your new bod
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Exploded.

We Filipinos love white people!

So you'll be fine. Just don't be flashy and douche-y.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Hahaha! I'll try to PM you today man coz if I spill out the details here, we might get moved to Ask Leo!

bourge and Flipstah are correct! If your white you already got + points with the ladies but if your a good looking white boy then panties might be falling from the sky but remember you still have to make the moves as normally Filipinas are shy when you meet them. You might need to tell a few lies here there to get them to bed as we have a custom of no touch if you are not a couple! lol! But most Manila women are more liberated today and you should find them in the party scenes.

If you want to learn the style of living and customs in the Philippines then stay with your buddy's fiance's relatives. Only con is, its kind of a hassle waking them up in the wee hours of the am so you could get into the house. I would suggest stay for a day or two then stay in a hotel. Unless the relatives are ballers then stay with them, they will have maids, drivers, etc.

If the relatives are in the Makati City then I could probably hook you up with a decent condo hotel there. The last time we stayed there for a month (6 of us) we rented the penthouse unit for a month for about $2,600CND. But that had 3 bedrooms, kitchen, dining area and living room. So it cost is about $440 each for the whole month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast