Quantcast
got pulled over need some insight - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: got pulled over need some insight

My Ride
    Mr2

Default got pulled over need some insight

Hey, so 2am driving downtown.... i get pulled over. maybe could have been nicer to the cop but ended up getting 3 tickets handed to me, reason for being puled over? i ripped it at a light but saw the cop and never exceeded the speed limit.
    i was wondering if i could get some help with the 3 tickets i was issued.

822(4) fail to destroy financial responsibility card, my insurance broke gave me a slip that would insure my car for 30 days, and i received the one with an expiry date 11 months from when i insured the vehicle since the other slip insured it for the first.

2(1)(a) driving at unreasonable speed, i was not speeding..... i have 3 witnesses in the vehicle that i never exceeded the speed limit if that's the reason in which why the ticket was issued.

82 loud unnecessary noise from vehicle, the car has a stock muffler, the car is a bit loud though because of straight pipe and headers. but could i take a photo of the muffler and say its been replaced with a stock? 2nd time this tickets been issued but i actually had a muffler on the car but car was registered and insured under a different name.

was wondering what everyone thinks about how i should go towards fighting these tickets, and if the unreasonable speed ticket has demerits, any help is appreciated.

My Ride
    AWOL

They all sound valid to me, shoulda been nicer to the cop cuz the 822(4) is definitely a stop-being-a-dickface ticket. If you talk to the JP, you can make a deal to drop some / reduce fines / more time to pay. The problem with that is you have to admit guilt so you're stuck with whatever the JP offers, instead of going to court and actually fighting the charges.

Depending on the real story and your license situation, you might want to fight this one, it's 4 demerits:

Driving at appropriate speed
    2(1) A person shall not do any of the following:
    (a) notwithstanding that a speed limit is prescribed by or pursuant to the Act or any other Act in respect of a highway, drive a vehicle on that highway at any rate of speed that is unreasonable having regard to all the circumstances, including without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the following:
    (i) the nature, condition and use of the highway;
    (ii) the atmospheric, weather or other conditions that might affect the visibility of the driver or the control of the vehicle;
    (iii) the amount of traffic that is or that might reasonably be expected to be on the highway;
    (iv) the mechanical condition of the vehicle or any equipment on the vehicle;
    (b) subject to this Part and Part 2, where a highway that is located outside an urban area has 2 or more traffic lanes on the same side of the centre line for use by vehicles travelling in the same direction, drive a vehicle in the traffic lane nearest the centre line unless the vehicle is being driven at or near the maximum speed permitted;
    (c) drive a vehicle at such a slow rate of speed so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic then existing on a highway except when it is necessary to do so for the safe operation of the vehicle or to comply with Parts 1 and 2.

My Ride
    Mr2

Originally posted by Grogador
    They all sound valid to me, shoulda been nicer to the cop cuz the 822(4) is definitely a stop-being-a-dickface ticket. If you talk to the JP, you can make a deal to drop some / reduce fines / more time to pay. The problem with that is you have to admit guilt so you're stuck with whatever the JP offers, instead of going to court and actually fighting the charges.

Depending on the real story and your license situation, you might want to fight this one, it's 4 demerits:

Problem is I wassent speeding with 4 witnesses
    In the car, I might of sped up quickly but did not
    Exceed the limit

My Ride
    AWOL

Originally posted by SilverWind
    Exceed the limit
    Read the first paragraph of 2(1)(a) very carefully, this charge has nothing to do with exceeding the speed limit. You could probably get it reduced to stunting which is 3 demerits. In my opinion, your in-car witnesses wouldn't stand up in court. How did you fit five people in an MR2 anyway? :P

Think of it this way... the cop thinks you're driving like a dick, enough to spend his time pulling you over. You "could have been nicer" to the cop, so now he knows you're a dick who drives like a dick. In his professional now dick-biased judgement, you're a dick who was driving at an unreasonable speed for the place/time, making a racket and not keeping your paperwork in order. He's convinced enough of that (or wants to prove his point, or teach you a lesson) to waste your/his/Crown's time in court on it... or at least re-issuing/withdrawing whatever he changes his mind about.

Always be polite and courteous to police, cooperate as much as you must in the situation, never resist, obstruct, disagree or correct them unless they are violating your rights Oh, and don't drive like a dick, especially through downtown at 2am when it's all cabbies and coppers.

My Ride
    Mr2

Originally posted by Grogador

Read the first paragraph of 2(1)(a) very carefully, this charge has nothing to do with exceeding the speed limit. You could probably get it reduced to stunting which is 3 demerits. In my opinion, your in-car witnesses wouldn't stand up in court. How did you fit five people in an MR2 anyway? :P

Think of it this way... the cop thinks you're driving like a dick, enough to spend his time pulling you over. You "could have been nicer" to the cop, so now he knows you're a dick who drives like a dick. In his professional now dick-biased judgement, you're a dick who was driving at an unreasonable speed for the place/time, making a racket and not keeping your paperwork in order. He's convinced enough of that (or wants to prove his point, or teach you a lesson) to waste your/his/Crown's time in court on it... or at least re-issuing/withdrawing whatever he changes his mind about.

Always be polite and courteous to police, cooperate as much as you must in the situation, never resist, obstruct, disagree or correct them unless they are violating your rights Oh, and don't drive like a dick, especially through downtown at 2am when it's all cabbies and coppers.
    no loger the mr2 haha, kk thanks for the help,
    ne good ticket fighters u recomend?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've got some insight for you, grow the fuck up.

Grogador has it right, you drove like a dick, and acted like a dick to the cop, you deserve those tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

This is why you fight cops in court, not on the street.

822 is only given to assholes haha.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Sounds like you deserved it.

My Ride
    Mr2

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Grogador has it right, you drove like a dick, and acted like a dick to the cop, you deserve those tickets.
    Find better things to do then troll.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Find better things to do then troll.
    Uh, most everybody on Beyond is probably in agreement with him.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    This is why you fight cops in court, not on the street.

822 is only given to assholes haha.
    The truth is a bitch sometimes. Multiple ticketing means you REALLY pissed someone off.

OP You might try going to the traffic nut house and seeing what the prosecutors can do for you.

My Ride
    Mr2

Well, one ticket that bothers me the most would be the "excessive speeding" one how would i got at towards not receiving any demerits.... points?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Go down to the courthouse and say you want to speak to JP (I think thats the title can't remember).

Be nice and polite, tell him your story and why you feel some of these were not right. He will likely help you out.

My Ride
    350z

Exceed the limit
    The reason why you got a ticket is because you can't spell or speak English properly. You should be in jail right now for being so bad at it.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I can see the cop's train of thought. If this kid is driving like this when I'm around, then for damn sure he's being a ton worse when I'm not. Then you top it off by "could have been more polite", which translates to "trying to be hard in front of my bro's". Count yourself lucky he didn't pop you all and search your car on suspicion of something, with you spending the night in jail while your paperwork gets shuffled... slowly.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by Aleks
    Go down to the courthouse and say you want to speak to JP (I think thats the title can't remember).

Be nice and polite, tell him your story and why you feel some of these were not right. He will likely help you out.
    This! Show some remorse and they will help you out.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Well, one ticket that bothers me the most would be the "excessive speeding" one how would i got at towards not receiving any demerits.... points?
    well here is the thing... you still dont get it. hope your license gets suspended and you are stuck as a GDL driver for a long time

dont break the law if you dont know how it works

Just to drive this point home, I was pulled over for speeding once and also had two insurance slips. The officer politely explained to me that having both was illegal and I needed to destroy the old one. He may have extended this courtesy because I wasn't acting hard as fuck. I thanked him for the information while tearing the slip in front of him.

When he came back with my speeding ticket he also noticed that the address on my driver's license wasn't current and that he had accidentally put my old one on the ticket. He explained to me that he could go back and rewrite the ticket or I could promise not to waste both our day's in court fighting it and just pay it. I told him I'd pay it. As he walked away I noticed that he had also dropped my speed well below what I was actually doing. I paid it the next day without making a thread on Beyond asking how to avoid taking responsibility for my actions.

That, kids, is how you avoid getting fucked three times for making one mistake.

My Ride
    AWOL

Originally posted by Mibz
    That, kids, is how you avoid getting fucked three times for making one mistake.
    Live and learn, but consider the free advice!

Also make sure your radar detector isn't visible, even if you're not getting pulled over for speeding

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast