Quantcast
Calgary to Osoyoos, BC - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Calgary to Osoyoos, BC

Default Calgary to Osoyoos, BC

The girlfriend and I are taking a road trip to Osoyoos this summer. We are planning to stop somewhere on the way and stay for a night or two to break up the drive.

Where would be some fun places to stay and activities we could do while were they're?

do you pass the enchanted castle along the drive? if so..do that haha
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

If you do go that way (as opposed to the Southern route, hwy 3) then Crazy Creek is a nice place to stop for a break. It's $10 to go up to the falls/suspension bridge, but if you do your traveling on Sunday, it's free. No dogs permitted past the entrance (even if on a leash) which I found a bit of an inconvenience. But it's a nice place. Not sure if it's worth $10/pp though.

Then there's the Natural Bridge just past Field. Another nice place to stop for a 1/2 hour break.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Go to Oliver.. lol.. that was a joke cause I grew up there and its a tiny little town with nothing to offer then Wine and weed.

Relaxing down the canal in Penticton is fun and easy to get to from Osoyoos. I would say do some wine tours if you enjoy wine. Osoyoos though is great for just relaxing at the beach or rent seadoo's.

Originally posted by snoop101
    Go to Oliver.. lol.. that was a joke cause I grew up there and its a tiny little town with nothing to offer then Wine and weed.

Relaxing down the canal in Penticton is fun and easy to get to from Osoyoos. I would say do some wine tours if you enjoy wine. Osoyoos though is great for just relaxing at the beach or rent seadoo's.
    The canal is disgusting! lol! We always called it the poop chute growing up there...

If you really want to go tubing in water that is not full of fecal matter, and get some fun yet safe rapids as well as calm runs to chill in, go 30 miles west from Osoyoos to Keremeos and going tubing down the Similkameen river. We lived in that river growing up! I have to pilgrimage there every summer at least once for a trip down the river. Tow along some beers in a cooler with a tube around it, or whatever else your prefer, stop at the red bridge for some diving, and carry on for the day... Beautiful scenery, bit of excitement as well as relaxing, and tons of fun! Good times!!!

Not my pics but found them on the net... No rapids shots but give you an idea...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goozey/...ith/969235753/

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by tirebob

The canal is disgusting! lol! We always called it the poop chute growing up there...

If you really want to go tubing in water that is not full of fecal matter, and get some fun yet safe rapids as well as calm runs to chill in, go 30 miles west from Osoyoos to Keremeos and going tubing down the Similkameen river. We lived in that river growing up! I have to pilgrimage there every summer at least once for a trip down the river. Tow along some beers in a cooler with a tube around it, or whatever else your prefer, stop at the red bridge for some diving, and carry on for the day... Beautiful scenery, bit of excitement as well as relaxing, and tons of fun! Good times!!!

Not my pics but found them on the net... No rapids shots but give you an idea...
    [/img]
    Ya I only did it once like 20 years ago

We always went to Rock creek, but I thought that might be to far for him. There's a nice huge camp site like 5-8 km north of Rock creek.

Thanks for the suggestions. tirebob great idea, sounds like a lot of fun.

My Ride
    Z

Christina lake is nice. Lot's of hiking trails and the lake is one of the warmest in Canada. There is a big waterfall on the way to the US border about 5 minutes out of town. People were swimming in the rapids below it. You can also rent boats at one of the marina's. Anything from a aluminum fishing boat to a wakeboard boat. I rented the wakeboard boat and it was about $250 for 2 hrs. Also the golf courses in the area are killer.

I would highly suggest looking into it. I have been there twice and loved it both times.